Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Dec 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1790429)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Just have to say guys and gals that with Oli Jarvis looking like he's off to become a 'gai-jin' (spelling?!) in Japanese F3 that automatically removes the pre-season Brit F3 favourite!

My concern is that his departure is leaving a bit of a hole in likely talent lining up next year,. particularly with the expected reduction in numbers?

But we had cracking series in 1982, 1983 and again in 1991 and in thise years grids struggled to get into the 20's.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1790687)   #52
Miko
Rookie

Miko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard of a new team entering brit f3 next season! dont have much details but i heard they were testing in magny cours this week. anyone know anything about it??
Old 14 Dec 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1790691)   #53
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko
I heard of a new team entering brit f3 next season! dont have much details but i heard they were testing in magny cours this week. anyone know anything about it??
Arena?
they confirmed with Chiliton
Old 14 Dec 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1790700)   #54
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
two new for national class:

http://www.formula3.cc/content/view/13993/2/
http://www.formula3.cc/content/view/13961/2/
Old 14 Dec 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1790903)   #55
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That new Championship Class team is Ultimate Motorsport from Sywell, Northants.

Fluid has another driver in the frame, I mean almost signed, PR in the next two, three weeks.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1790907)   #56
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head
Arena?
they confirmed with Chiliton
I think that Max Chilton and Arena have yet to decide which series to race in, although National Class F3 is apparently a strong possibility.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 23:23 (Ref:1790979)   #57
Miko
Rookie

Miko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
That new Championship Class team is Ultimate Motorsport from Sywell, Northants.

Fluid has another driver in the frame, I mean almost signed, PR in the next two, three weeks.
Anybody know anything about ultimate motorsport then? who's running it and what car/engine theyre goin to use?
Old 14 Dec 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1790983)   #58
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I believe this is the team that is planning to race a Mygale, probably with a Mercedes engine. That would explain why they were testing in Magny Cours.

Getting back to chunterer's post, I never thought Oli Jarvis would stay, but I did expect him to go the WSR with Carlin, rather than become a 'gaijin' (there's a book called Gai-Jin - I looked it up!).

Maro Engel has to be a title favourite and I'm still not totally convinced Yelmer Buurman is beyond recall. Of the new boys, Atte Mustonen is getting a fair amount of attention.

Maybe people are optimistic at this time of year, but I don't think numbers will be a problem. There is a lot of interest in the National Class and when guys like Sam Bird and Oliver Turvey have settled down somewhere, it'll begin to look quite interesting.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1790999)   #59
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't know much more than 'my' driver has told me. They're looking for very experience staff currently, and as far as I am concern do not completed the budget, but that is drivers problem this days.

Last edited by Alex K; 14 Dec 2006 at 23:59.
Old 16 Dec 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1792150)   #60
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
I would like to see Niall Breen in a F3 car next year, any hope do you think?
He tested for Carlin this week. Where that leads though, I don't know.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1794614)   #61
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Atte Mustonen confirmed to Räikkönen Robertson Racing.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uu...asp?id=1288226
Old 19 Dec 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1794886)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
Atte Mustonen confirmed to Räikkönen Robertson Racing.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uu...asp?id=1288226
Very good.

This guy is seriously quick

If he can calm down a bit with experience he ought to be a contender?
Old 19 Dec 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1794890)   #63
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this is the lad you saw at donington in the eurocup, right?
Old 19 Dec 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1794899)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
this is the lad you saw at donington in the eurocup, right?
Good recall powers bella!

Yes I think it is him.

He was in a white and light blue car unsignwritten and in both rounds was running strongly until offs intervened.

In fact in Sunday's round he went off a few times and then got his head down to claw back time only to eat dust again. (Might have got FL or near it in one of them?)

I saw a raw but very fast driver in the making there.....
Old 19 Dec 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1794992)   #65
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
This guy is seriously quick
Of course he's quick, he's a Finn!

Seriously, I reckon race wins will be on the cards, although he will have to learn some of the circuits. If it's intended to be a 2-year deal, then 2008 could be an eye opener.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1795507)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Of course he's quick, he's a Finn!

Seriously, I reckon race wins will be on the cards, although he will have to learn some of the circuits. If it's intended to be a 2-year deal, then 2008 could be an eye opener.
Yes it's got to be a 2 years gig hasn't it.

But where's the money coming from?

Is Kimi 'mentoring' or something because I didn't see much sponsorship on his FR car.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1795584)   #67
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
http://www.attemustonen.com/index.php?id=16&L=1
Old 20 Dec 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1795589)   #68
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is Kimi 'mentoring' or something because I didn't see much sponsorship on his FR car.
I think when you saw him in Britain he had made a last minute switch from Korainen bros. to Jenzer Motorsport, perhaps he forgot to bring new stickers with him.

He does seem to have at least a couple of companies behind him:
http://www.attemustonen.com/index.php?id=16&L=1

I'm not sure about Raikkonen mentoring him, I haven't heard anything about that. Maki on the other hand...
Old 20 Dec 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1795590)   #69
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two minutes too late.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1795739)   #70
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen
Two minutes too late.
Que????
Old 20 Dec 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1795758)   #71
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Quote:
Que????
Posted the same link to Mustonen's partners as Valker did two minutes too late. Great minds think alike, or something.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1795822)   #72
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:

I think you're right. Money has been a problem for him in the past, but the fact that he's driving for Kimi Raikkonen's team has opened some doors for him in Finland for next year.
Old 24 Dec 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1798763)   #73
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Just heard that Rodolfo Avila has a interview session with Radio Macau,he Claimed that doing championship class with Performance Racing is his 1st choice after last week Valencia track.

Double R tested with Jelley ,Kennard and Jackson in serval places,seems two experianced guys more close seats of the team
Old 27 Dec 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1799934)   #74
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Performace are rumoured to be running Rodolfo Avila and (wait for it...) Ricardo Teixeira in the Championship Class next nseason.

Double R have Stephen Jelley, Jonathan Kennard and Atte Mustonen in the Championship Class and Albert Costa and Ali Jackson in the National Class.

I reckon this might leave the door open for Carlin and Mugen-Honda to make a comeback. Maro Engel looks favourite to sign for them, despite being approached by a couple of the lesser Mercedes teams, and he could be joined by Mario Moraes.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1799936)   #75
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
going on basic thinking, engel would be a bit daft to take his money anywhere but carlin really wouldn't he?