Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 May 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1291014)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlake27
I hope Chilton can race all season, and Arena can get Morrisson in the other car. I believe a second WSR MG will be out very soon too.

With these two Arena Hondas, a second MG, Proctor, two lexus and maybe Jamie Spence in a GA Alfa and we have a potential 17 car field, of which at least a dozen are potential front runners.
If Chilton was able to fund a DTM drive I think he can drive a full season in BTCC. Or did I miss something?
Old 1 May 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1291029)   #27
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he's keeping his options open at the moment. Tim Harvey did mention something about Arena being at Brands, and if they keep going this way I don't see why Chilton won't continue.

To quote Harvey again, Chilton says he loves it in the BTCC paddock, feels right at home for him.
Old 1 May 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1291155)   #28
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Much as I'd love to see Chilton, Morrison and co back for the rest of the year I have to agree with Boots. If Morrison hasn't found a sponsor by now it's not going to happen this year. Chilton will go wherever his sponsor's cheque takes him. He might feel 'happy' in the BTCC paddock but he's always said he wants to race sportscars, so lets see how the Zytek race goes first.
Old 1 May 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1291157)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Chilton can't keep a car on the track for BTCC sprints, what hope does he have in endurance racing
Old 1 May 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1291164)   #30
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
hmmm good point
Old 2 May 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1291685)   #31
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Much as I'd love to see Chilton, Morrison and co back for the rest of the year I have to agree with Boots. If Morrison hasn't found a sponsor by now it's not going to happen this year. Chilton will go wherever his sponsor's cheque takes him. He might feel 'happy' in the BTCC paddock but he's always said he wants to race sportscars, so lets see how the Zytek race goes first.
Sponsor? You mean his Dad?
Old 2 May 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1291709)   #32
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
If Chilton can't keep a car on the track for BTCC sprints, what hope does he have in endurance racing
Tis true. He wiped out a tyre in just a few laps, drove a bit too agressively in race two, and just plain dumb in race three.

If 'endurance' racing means he can just do the qually laps and let the other guy(s) do the entire race, that might work.
Old 3 May 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1291863)   #33
The Bear
Rookie

The Bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Tis true. He wiped out a tyre in just a few laps, drove a bit too agressively in race two, and just plain dumb in race three.

If 'endurance' racing means he can just do the qually laps and let the other guy(s) do the entire race, that might work.
Le Mans/GT type racing is perfect for Chilton or anyone else with a big budget and limited ability.
Old 3 May 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1291971)   #34
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But if you hear about a possible sportscar ride your going to say,' Its something ive always wanted to do'. No one ever says ' well, i dont want to race in this series but its all i could sort out in a short amount of time'.
Old 3 May 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1291996)   #35
redshoes
Veteran

In this case Tom has said previously that he'd like to get into GT/Sportscars. He's not suddenly changed his mind based on a possible offer of a drive.
Old 3 May 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1292053)   #36
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The idea of Morrison comign in at any stage is laughable. He doesn't have a budget, Arena don't have a budget, end of story. Chilton would be will advised to continue in teh BTCC as a fall-back in case he struggles with sportscars, even if he views that as his long-term priority.
Old 3 May 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1292075)   #37
The Bear
Rookie

The Bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
The idea of Morrison comign in at any stage is laughable. He doesn't have a budget, Arena don't have a budget, end of story. Chilton would be will advised to continue in teh BTCC as a fall-back in case he struggles with sportscars, even if he views that as his long-term priority.
If Chilton's future plans are for sportscars it would have been far more sensible to start in something like Caterhams, go to TVR Tuscans and then Porsche Carrera Cup or British GT. I cannot think of any racing sportscars that have front wheel drive.
He may have been a better BTCC driver if he had a couple of seasons in Seat Cupras or Clios. Although I imagine he would have struggled racing in a single make series.
Old 3 May 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1292216)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why not WTCC for Chilton?