Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Sep 2006, 02:20 (Ref:1710651)   #51
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
I know I may be living in a dream world, but surely it could be done.
Looking at your new avatar compared to your last one I think you probably are.
Didn't there used to be an event similar to the event you describe.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1711156)   #52
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Run it at Brands in the beginning of December, get MSV to organise it, with help from the BRDA and RPL, get Grandstand to film it with commentry from Murray Walker and Arthur Debenham.
I'm not sure but I think the problem may lie with MSV's business priorities. Is it worth them focusing on a one-off event? They have broken with the Formula 3 / GT championship organisers and seen to be focusing on a fairly narrow band of events for which they have exclusive control. They'd probably want a series or nothing...

Bottom line is that rallycross needs a serious commercial promoter. (Would F1 or NASCAR got where it is if it was just run by the drivers?) The problem is that whenever a commercial promoter has been brought into rallycross its caused a BIG row! So what can you do?
Old 15 Sep 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1711327)   #53
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why not just bring backurope the British Rallycross Grand Prix. It was always one of the biggest meetings in Europe. Rallycross once again has the cars and drivers to get terrestrial TV interested.
Run it at Brands in the beginning of December, get MSV to organise it, with help from the BRDA and RPL, get Grandstand to film it with commentry from Murray Walker and Arthur Debenham.

Its been tried in recent times, £35 000 to hire Brands (5 years ago)

an a massive figure quoted by Mr Ecclestone to use the title Grand Prix
Old 17 Sep 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1712381)   #54
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie
an a massive figure quoted by Mr Ecclestone to use the title Grand Prix
I've never figured out how the MSA (or FIA?) managed to get hold of the 'copyright' for the term 'grand prix'. Its a common term thats been used by so many sanctioning bodies throughout the world down the years without any need for 'authorisation'. It predates F1 by about fifty years!

Its originally a horseracing term so if anyone has the rights to it its the (French) Jockey Club or the British Horseracing Board...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1712444)   #55
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was like when DDMC done all the groundwork in getting the Rallycross Grand Prix at Croft and then the MSA wanted them to take on a 3 year deal I think it was to use the name hence the decision to go with the Superprix name
Old 22 Sep 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1716746)   #56
RampItUp
Rookie

RampItUp has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The entry list is looking pretty good now. Plus they appear to have a new sponsor. Should be a great weekend. I really want to see how the British and european drivers square up to each other!
Old 23 Sep 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1717173)   #57
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are the 'TBA's' in Division 1 definate entries?
Old 24 Sep 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1717458)   #58
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampItUp
The entry list is looking pretty good now. Plus they appear to have a new sponsor. Should be a great weekend. I really want to see how the British and european drivers square up to each other!
I think we all do but at the moment theres only 3 or 4 top british drivers and only 1 european driver to get excited about in div1. Come on RSS announce those TBA's.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 14:11 (Ref:1717613)   #59
M.Lowe
Veteran

Lets see if Per Eklund comes back but it would be nice to see one of the Fabias there
Old 24 Sep 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1717723)   #60
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe
Lets see if Per Eklund comes back but it would be nice to see one of the Fabias there
Yeah it would be great to see Larssons Fabia and Jokinens Peugeot too is a spectacular sight not to mention Rustad and Jernberg etc etc.The entry certainly needs some more top names if it is to be as good as last years event, and we were promised it would be better so fingers crossed.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1721393)   #61
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie Ecclestone has nothing to do with Rallycross Grand prix, the MSA do not have copyright on the Title "Grand Prix" they do however have title to the "British Rallycross Grand Prix" and if you want to use it, it will cost you about 25k for 3 year deal. This I think is shortsighted as a small figure like a couple of grand a year is better than what they get at the moment, ie nowt!
Old 28 Sep 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1722082)   #62
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibson
Bernie Ecclestone has nothing to do with Rallycross Grand prix, the MSA do not have copyright on the Title "Grand Prix" they do however have title to the "British Rallycross Grand Prix" and if you want to use it, it will cost you about 25k for 3 year deal. This I think is shortsighted as a small figure like a couple of grand a year is better than what they get at the moment, ie nowt!
Take your point. Yes, the whole MSA GP thing is crazy - and very unbusinesslike on their part. After all the term 'Grand Prix' isn't going to bring in another 10,000 spectators!
Old 28 Sep 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1722228)   #63
M.Lowe
Veteran

I think the MSA where either hoping DDMC would pay the money to have the British Rallycross Grand Prix name but they ****ed on their bonfires and now have the name Superprix and the event is still an excellent one even without the Grand prix name in it