Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3912161)   #1826
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm tired enough to take a nap after that one. And that's with a couple of stints in bed during the race this year.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:24 (Ref:3912162)   #1827
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
F1 drivers always change their hats for the podium. Bernie put it in the rules that they would be shot if they did not.
Shot? That was all? Figured Bernie would take their money, salt the land and burn them in the media if they dared to impact his money
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3912163)   #1828
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just remembered I have Denso tire pressure sensors on my truck.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3912164)   #1829
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso needs to now get the real Triple Crown and get the Indy championship too, screw just the 500.

At least both Alonso and Buemi know the lucked in to a win and the 7 was much faster
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3912165)   #1830
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm pretty sure that TMG used whatever sensors that Michelin gave them. When you consider how many teams run Michelins in the WEC now and how long this season was, this is actually a pretty good record, especially given how fickle electronics can be.

Not glad about the presence of SC FCYs and stuff like that, but glad that those who got involved in accidents walked away without serious injury.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3912166)   #1831
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I just remembered I have Denso tire pressure sensors on my truck.
And I had 2 fail on replacement, no idea what brand Discount Tire uses though
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3912167)   #1832
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Still a Toyota win at the end of the day (afternoon), that's all the company could ask for. No more Alonso next year either, so if the same car wins again will the conspiracies still take place?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3912168)   #1833
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'm pretty sure that TMG used whatever sensors that Michelin gave them. When you consider how many teams run Michelins in the WEC now and how long this season was, this is actually a pretty good record, especially given how fickle electronics can be.
Doubtful Michelin has anything in the sensors, they're a wheel part not tire. It's your electronics and Michelin would just give you the tire specs
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3912171)   #1834
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I think that Michelin's system is proprietary to them. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's kind of a racing version of their PAX system or whatever the current version of it is called.

Same with Dunlop/Goodyear probably, too. However, I'd like confirmation on if the tire supplier supplies the pressure monitor or the teams.

I do believe that the first generation of that system was jointly developed from 2000-2001 by Audi Sport/Volkswagen Group and Michelin in response to punctures from LM in '00 and for performance cars like the Bugatti Veyron.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3912172)   #1835
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Lopez, whose car had led from Hour 11, pitted with a suspected right-front puncture with 1 hour and 3 minutes to go, only for it to turn out to be an issue with the right-rear tire, in a suspected sensor issue.

It forced the Argentinean to limp around the track for a second stop, after the crew opted to initially change only the right-front.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...orld-champion/

Doesn't sound like a "sensor issue", but a human error. Someone read the sensor wrong, or had them the wrong way around or whatever. Had they changed all 4, it would've been caught and the 7 would've won.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:36 (Ref:3912174)   #1836
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...orld-champion/

Doesn't sound like a "sensor issue", but a human error. Someone read the sensor wrong, or had them the wrong way around or whatever. Had they changed all 4, it would've been caught and the 7 would've won.
I was trying to remember the exact details. What was the gap after the first stop when they changed one tyre? It had a couple of minutes just before.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3912175)   #1837
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Just compare the time between a four tire stop vs one tire, a slow lap, and another one tire stop. The #7 lost by less than 20 seconds. The math is pretty simple, and it seems to be just a bad luck error on the part of the #7 team at the most inopportune time.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3912176)   #1838
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Still a Toyota win at the end of the day (afternoon), that's all the company could ask for. No more Alonso next year either, so if the same car wins again will the conspiracies still take place?
Yes, probably.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3912177)   #1839
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not to mention, he would have been massively quicker on 4 brand new Michelins...
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3912179)   #1840
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I was trying to remember the exact details. What was the gap after the first stop when they changed one tyre? It had a couple of minutes just before.
It cost approx 1.5 minutes per stop. It was still leading after the first stop.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3912180)   #1841
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Doing pit lane delta at LM for say a 1 second stop and go penalty alone approaches 30 seconds. A full service stop approaches 30 seconds.

Had they changed all four tires first shot, they probably would've won the race by a margin similar to, if not larger, than they lost by.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3912182)   #1842
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Doing pit lane delta at LM for say a 1 second stop and go penalty alone approaches 30 seconds. A full service stop approaches 30 seconds.

Had they changed all four tires first shot, they probably would've won the race by a margin similar to, if not larger, than they lost by.
It's as near as makes no difference 65 seconds for a full service for Toyota, including in and out of the pits. The Toyota pit stops were shorter due to less tyres and fuel, but included slow laps back to the pits.

Was 2 minutes ahead, and then 1 minute behind. 1.5 minutes per stop, including recovery to the pits.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3912183)   #1843
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Yes, just doing the stop and going down pit road alone will cost about 1 minute itself. I forgot to factor in in/out laps.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3912184)   #1844
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Good on Nick Daman for telling it like it is with regards to Rusinov. G-Drive cheated last year, and unfortunately, they lost this year.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3912185)   #1845
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
At least SMP didn't cheat or screw around with stuff. They seem to have gotten third on merit and showed that though right now privateers still are no match for a factory team like Toyota, they got the best result they could with a trouble free run. Six laps down to a factory team at LM by a privateer team isn't a bad result at all in my book.

Also showed that just because you're engine has an AER badge on it, doesn't mean that it'll nuke itself when built and tuned right.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3912186)   #1846
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Top race people. Thanks
Old 16 Jun 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3912187)   #1847
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Well, parents are visiting. I'll probably head off to bed for a while. And try and return to some normal stuff in a day or two hopefully LOL.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3912192)   #1848
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I was just perusing through my Facebook groups and I think it's neat that the ACO now have all the class winners in the winners circle this year beneath the podium.

Is this the first year they've done this?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3912196)   #1849
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would there be any tyre rule restriction to justify not changing all four tyres? If not, then they screwed really bad. I remember back in 2011 when the leading Audi changed all four tyres just to be safe when they had a slow puncture with 1h remaining.

Last edited by ederss7; 16 Jun 2019 at 14:38.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3912202)   #1850
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
once again a sensor destroys toyota #7 race....
good race and epic battle in GTE. Anyway too many unnecessary FCY... guess the 2010 397laps records will last for many years yet