Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Oct 2011, 02:40 (Ref:2971762)   #251
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I've read the video description, where's my prize?
Its a signed portrait of RSR Jaguars first win in ALMS, it might be held up in the post so dont wait next to your mailbox.........
Old 16 Oct 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2971930)   #252
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Oooh I'm soooo looking forward to it. I hope the flying pigs will be quick to deliver it.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 14:44 (Ref:2971936)   #253
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And does anyone still want a full field of diesels after listening to those........?
Almost as much as i want a full field of BMW M3 mate .

To me , the cars must sound good , look good and be driven good . Thats what its all about .

Tell ya what , someday we both should go down to the local Tescos and watch a round of the BTCC one make BMW series .

Ayse , in changin . I dont like the BMW , it doesnt sound good although it is driven well . Let touring cars stay with touring cars ...... hell just froze over again !!!
Old 16 Oct 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2972040)   #254
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UzoVih4ZBU
FIA GT3 @ Silverstone 2011 (MT89Motorsport had better quality, but the account got taken down, and the replacement account doesn't have this one back up).

There was also a pretty good GT1 video from the same round, but that video also got taken down with the account

Edit: Here's some footage of the cars rolling out for their warmup lap at yesterday's GT3 race at Zandvoort www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBZBgms0og
Old 17 Oct 2011, 00:32 (Ref:2972327)   #255
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really wish we had the SLS and R8 in ALMS grids...
Old 18 Oct 2011, 01:59 (Ref:2973061)   #256
rdt012237
Rookie

United States
somewhere,I think?
rdt012237 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atM0J0BLFpg

Short but amazing super slow-motion shot after 11:10. (Free tip to ACO... altough I don't know how cheap this is to do in live broadcast, even F1 doesn't do it regularly.)

ps. If you plan to watch that whole video, which is kinda nicely done, there's a part where you can hear radio conversation between the race engineer and Ullrich just after Rockenfeller's crash.

Great Video and that shot your talking about is amazing!
While there I clicked on a related video called "a day in the life of an Audi driver" and I think we all should keep this one handy when the inevitable argument over whether or not race car drivers are athletes comes up with our non race fan friends!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=XzgnipwyZgk

Last edited by rdt012237; 18 Oct 2011 at 02:00. Reason: Spelling
Old 18 Oct 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2973105)   #257
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHOhW...&feature=feedu
Because racing... is life.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 11:34 (Ref:2973226)   #258
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
They focus a bit to much on crashes.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 12:48 (Ref:2973816)   #259
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicely made 2011 6 Hours of Silverstone Highlights
Old 20 Oct 2011, 04:36 (Ref:2974120)   #260
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
No video on that page. It's likely an embedded (Youtube?) video, so maybe it has been removed or something?

ps. Is it the same as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPln4d3shqQ ?
Old 20 Oct 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2974531)   #261
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No video on that page. It's likely an embedded (Youtube?) video, so maybe it has been removed or something?

ps. Is it the same as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPln4d3shqQ ?
The link I posted works for me But yes, that's the same video.
Old 21 Oct 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2974538)   #262
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Yup, just a problem with Flash being not loaded properly.
Old 23 Oct 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2975558)   #263
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This ought to be cross-referenced here (if it isn't already.....)

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1547
Old 25 Oct 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2976476)   #264
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1970 Le Mans http://www.ina.fr/sport/auto-moto/vi...ficiel.fr.html
Links to lots of others as well. Helps if you can understand French, but great vision.
Old 26 Oct 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2977103)   #265
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Links to lots of others as well. Helps if you can understand French, but great vision.
Those were great videos. Seemed to capture the race atmosphere pretty well.
Old 26 Oct 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2977136)   #266
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Wow, wasn't expecting the quality to be that good.
Old 26 Oct 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2977353)   #267
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Wow, wasn't expecting the quality to be that good.
I've often thought that there must be a lot more film from bygone eras of motorsport stashed away in archives, that we haven't seen yet. Don't understand why it wouldn't be released though! What's the point in sitting on it?
Old 1 Nov 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2980249)   #268
deggis
Veteran

Finland

Some nice filmography from Petit.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2988036)   #269
deggis
Veteran

Finland
LMP2 onboard @ Estoril: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDcguNk86lM
Old 18 Nov 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2988214)   #270
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This video is worth just the first 20 and last 20 seconds alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrRcH-M5oP4

One of my all time favourite sportscars, Toyota TS010

Unfortunatley the voiceover gets drowned out by that noisy V10
Old 18 Nov 2011, 13:22 (Ref:2988236)   #271
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That was good, I always like videos where you get to see how the driver is working, whether it is hands or feet.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2988359)   #272
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post

Fixed that for you.
Thanks for posting.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2988367)   #273
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
+1 great post Speedblood. My ears thank you!
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2988382)   #274
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post

For me, quite possibly the best sounding car I've ever heard. If anyone has the 1993 Radio Le Mans video - put it on again and just listen for the TS010. Absolutely incredible. Thanks Speedblood.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2988391)   #275
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be great to see Toyota bring some old friends back to Le Mans next year in celebration of their return.