Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jul 2000, 23:43 (Ref:21728)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look out Australia! Lock the doors because Muller is coming to town! Apparently he has signed with the gun HRT team for the Bathurst 1000 in November....well i guess this would be one reason to be happy about being 2000km away...i couldn't get taken out by a flying red commodore!
Old 6 Jul 2000, 03:02 (Ref:21751)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
you have to be joking right ???

what are HRT up to..signing Muller..hes never driven a V8 never been to Bathurst and likes running into people...

and they spent a heap of money testing a couple of guys a few weeks ago..like Nathan Pretty ( who would be an excellent choice)..I carnt remember who the other bloke was but he impressed the team as well..give our young blokes a go first i say.

not that I dont want any other nationalities there as that is always great to see but Muller...I predict he will write the car off ..maybe even in practise.
Old 6 Jul 2000, 06:06 (Ref:21766)   #3
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait till you get to see him Mr G. He does have his moments but, if told to look after the car and get it home, he's a hell of a driver. I for one can't wait for Danielsun to arrange copies of this years race to be flown over for us...!
Old 6 Jul 2000, 16:28 (Ref:21847)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
rather formal of you Mr B :)

well i guess he is a damm site better than me fatbloke..but we have so many talented drivers over here just waiting to get their chance in a V8...and HRT are the best team ever to race in the series and for them to get a few guys hopes up and then sign Muller seems a bit nasty ..but hey they can have whoever they want in the car and im sure muller will do Ok..im a big HRT fan but lately have not taken kindly to the way they run things..they are kinda like the Mclaren (oops am I allowed to say that) of V8 racing and will do anything to win...at least the team manager doesnt favor one driver over another though .

one thing I might add is a while back i was talking to Nathan pretty and he said he was planning to sell all his cars ( VS commodore,2 or 3 auscars and a Nascar) to buy a VT commodore and go full time next year..maybe he was just testing the car as a prospective buyer..im not sure but being a guy that has come up through the same kart club as me i tend to lean in his direction a fair bit..but hey the guy has buckets of talent.
Old 9 Jul 2000, 00:51 (Ref:22213)   #5
Troy
Racer

Troy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with marcus, HRT should give a young Aussie a chance. Look what happened when they gave Lowndes a go.
Old 9 Jul 2000, 12:00 (Ref:22264)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You know what he starting thing in the youth push in Australia was? Rickard Rydell's wife!! I hear you say "WTF??"

Ok, here goes..Rydell was due to race at Bathurst (and Sandwown) for HRT, but chose to stay home with the pregnamt wife.

As it turned out, Clowndes got the drive. Remember Bathuurst? He stuck it in the wall during the warm up, and then had a massive spin the race...but with the hard work of Brad Jones and qucik HRT pitwork, the car was out in the front. Lowndes was then overtaken by Bowe, but then apparently accidently missed his breaking point and went back by. Bowe retook him and won the race.

Jones later said that Lowndes cost him the race. I wonder if Rydell would have been good enough to keep in front?

We will never know...

Of course after that, everyone wanted a young gun....
Old 9 Jul 2000, 17:11 (Ref:22285)   #7
Ross
Rookie

Ross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muller is an awesome driver, I saw him yesterday at Sneterton going sideways through the bombhole during qualifying, he looked 100% in control and set a very quick time despite his rally car style.
Old 12 Jul 2000, 01:41 (Ref:22660)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muller drives like a racing pilote is supposed to drive. It's nice to see somebody out there who wants to win because he likes what he's doing, not because he'll get more product endorsements or a better drive next year.

I'd love to see him in rallying. He'd scare the sox off most of those boys. (Not Burns, of course.) And he'd win!
Old 12 Jul 2000, 07:40 (Ref:22694)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
PLLLLAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOO!!

Apparently Jason Plato will the the drive at Bathurst with Yvan in the second best V8 seat in the land....predictions anyone??

Remember Plato (i think he still has it) the fastest lap ever of Bathurst in a Super Tourer....
Old 12 Jul 2000, 09:04 (Ref:22704)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SSSHHHUUUTTT UUUPPP!!!

People please: can we stop this bullshyte on MY Forum!!

Y'know, Invader and myself were talking about this on the way to Snetterton on Saturday and I said that if - and only if - the Championship is safe, I'd love to see a Muller-Skaife pairing. They'd kill everyone else out there, if the Commodore teams can find some more pace up and down the straights.

As for Plato, we all know the rumours exist, but who would he drive for? And yes, Crash Test, he does indeed hold the Super Touring lap record. Williams should have ventured back in 1998 - even if it was still with the '97 car, as it obviously is a quick one on Mount Panorama.

Fatbloke, you won't see the videos... I'll reserve them for my friends only!!
Old 15 Jul 2000, 21:16 (Ref:23370)   #11
Bring Back The Cavaliers
Racer

Bring Back The Cavaliers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muller is a genius. He'll do well in something very powerful and more like a real racecar. I saw him 2 years ago at Knockhill in the storm. Only 2 people dared to drift around the corner in the downpour. Muller and James "Shave that goatee" Thompson. Needless to say Thommo lost it and shunted it 1st time, but Muller did it consistently and never threw it off at all.
Old 15 Jul 2000, 22:36 (Ref:23380)   #12
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As he is is possible the worlds best Ice racer, I would expect him to be good in slippery conditions.
Old 19 Jul 2000, 23:09 (Ref:24235)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Mark Nosek will no longer be driving with HRT at Bathurst....so who is going to getthe 6th seat? Pretty is supposed to still be in the picture....

Hmmmm....unlike HRT to announce their line up then decide to change their minds...is there something fishy going on there??
Old 20 Jul 2000, 02:47 (Ref:24273)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
wow..thats an interesting one isnt it ?

I wonder why Noske wont get the drive..hes quick hes gentle on the car and does a very professional job..Of course you should already know that i want Nathan Pretty to get the drive but other than him Im not sure who would drive..possibly .... beats me ..just have to wait and see I guess
Old 20 Jul 2000, 03:21 (Ref:24277)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
The official line from HRT is that they have released him so he can drvie his Ferrari in the Nations Cup decider...but Noske wanted to drive for HRT....hmmmm....
Old 22 Jul 2000, 01:48 (Ref:24684)   #16
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps Tony Noske's pockets are getting thin?
Old 22 Jul 2000, 02:10 (Ref:24686)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
That'll be the day
Old 20 Nov 2000, 00:10 (Ref:49073)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Bring Back The Cavaliers
Muller is a genius. He'll do well in something very powerful and more like a real racecar.
DOH! Ok, enough Plato/Muller/Neal bashing for today, but it was plain and simple: they sucked!
Old 20 Nov 2000, 00:54 (Ref:49080)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I agree they were never in the hunt to do anything at bathurst..they needed alot more time in a V8 before going to bathurst..HRT would have been better with noske in the car and maybe one of the visitors..but what a complete joke they turned out to be not to mention a total waste of money.

Old 20 Nov 2000, 05:03 (Ref:49090)   #20
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
But they have been given a handful of testing days, and IIRC they were offered a few days at Bathurst in road cars before the event, but chose the Melbourne Cup instead...they only first went to the mountain at the start of race week...
Old 20 Nov 2000, 09:32 (Ref:49108)   #21
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A total waste of time and effort on everybodies part. From us discussing it / to the silly team managers who thought it was AGI (a good idea) / to us again for watching them.

Old 20 Nov 2000, 13:53 (Ref:49151)   #22
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yeh sure they had some time in the car down at Phillip Island and i guess thats one reason why we expected more out of them..but it just shows these cars and the bathurst track are not to be taken light heartedly..will this have an effect on other drivers trying to take on the mountain ????
Old 25 Nov 2000, 10:50 (Ref:49830)   #23
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well despite all this I still had my photo taken with him.

MMMMUUUULLLLLEEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~elephino/muller.JPG

img tags don't work so you have to work for it...
Old 25 Nov 2000, 10:59 (Ref:49832)   #24
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure why it isn't working even with url tags...but anyway the pic is there. Enter at your own risk. Quick note, that is me after 3 days of rain, mud, being pushed around by the crowd and many other things...so I don't look my best.