Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jul 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4062717)   #1251
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes but you have to pay 40 euro's to gain access even for members
I have that included in my membership, plus up to 3 guest passes at 20 euros each.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4062718)   #1252
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not in mine but i only have the basic membership now rather than the old one, but after the last few years quite happy i saved my money.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4062720)   #1253
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes but you have to pay 40 euro's to gain access even for members
It depends on the options you subscribed as a member.
oops, I didn't see James has answered it.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4062724)   #1254
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep you pay extra for all sorts of things, but i just pay the minimum as i never usually use any of the other stuff.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 20:20 (Ref:4062748)   #1255
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yep you pay extra for all sorts of things
May be you'll have to pay and extra to have cut grass at Mulsanne. May be worth to open a new thread asking "who will bring the lawnmower?" The way we go, dont hesitate and go for a turbo charged one! After all its a Brit' forum!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4062753)   #1256
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i do remember on year (nineties i think) when there was a large area on houx annex roped off for a corporate type of gathering, we watched them unload a large lawn mower, cut the grass then erect about 20 large tents and one huge one for hospitality, unfortunately that year the storms arrived later in the week, so the efforts just meant the grass not covered by tents could not absorb all the rain and it was more like glastonbury with all the mud and water.
Old 23 Jul 2021, 08:09 (Ref:4062814)   #1257
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hoped to come back with some more data cause i crossed the border again last night. but as hand luggage only i skirted the check-in paperwork examination and the guy at the gate checking my queue had no idea what he was looking for. then border control just weren’t interested in anything but passports. completely went against my experience at two other french airports. otoh, a young black lad was nearly sent packing because the woman checking his queue didn’t know the rules well enough. thankfully he stood his ground but i bet she didn’t apologise.

long story short, no issue travelling on just a vaccination certificate into france, the variation seems to be in how hard they look at your documents rather than interpretation. unless you’re not white. then i would carry a copy of the french border flow chart just in case the gate attendant is having a bad day…!
Old 23 Jul 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4062828)   #1258
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our ACO Member and guest wristbands arrived in the post this morning
One less thing to queue for, and they sent a voucher for the pack to collect.
Old 23 Jul 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4062829)   #1259
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
What are those wristbands for?
Reminds me to renew my ACO membership
Old 23 Jul 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4062834)   #1260
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
What are those wristbands for?
Access to the member areas at La Chapelle and the members grandstand
Old 23 Jul 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4062838)   #1261
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's very good. Having those in advance without the need to queue for them on the first day at the circuit is a real bonus. I hope they do that again!
Old 23 Jul 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4062914)   #1262
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I got the same, still waiting for my 'letter' though I guess it will not arrive. Will try to call and sort out my tickets on monday.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 09:04 (Ref:4062950)   #1263
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I got the same, still waiting for my 'letter' though I guess it will not arrive. Will try to call and sort out my tickets on monday.
Yes, the best to do is to call and all will be quickly done by phone.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4063123)   #1264
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
short Info for non- French but EU citizens:
I was able to upload my native (Hungarian) EU-CovidPass QR code into the French App 'tousanticovid'. It accepted it and displays it as valide with a green hook. So all fine, it will be valid to enter the venue.
I know the majority here is from the other side of the channel but still I hope it helps for some of you.
I have downloaded this TAC app (tous anti covid). scanned my Duch QR code and it displays my name, date of birth and like you said a green hook (V) with the word 'valide'.
Now I'm confused, is this app to check if my Dutch QR code van be scanned by the French government?
Old 25 Jul 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4063124)   #1265
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
One thing not yet mentioned (I believe) is that the ACO entry requirements include wearing masks at all times. This is also now the (re-introduced) law in at least some parts of France.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4063125)   #1266
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Now I'm confused, is this app to check if my Dutch QR code van be scanned by the French government?
It means your vaccine status has been accepted by the French system and you can use the French app to prove your vaccine status anywhere in France where scanning the QR code is required.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 20:20 (Ref:4063131)   #1267
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
It means your vaccine status has been accepted by the French system and you can use the French app to prove your vaccine status anywhere in France where scanning the QR code is required.
That means I'm good to have access to the circuit han,covid wise?
Old 25 Jul 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4063133)   #1268
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
One thing not yet mentioned (I believe) is that the ACO entry requirements include wearing masks at all times. This is also now the (re-introduced) law in at least some parts of France.
yeah, it's public places where i am atm as well. common sense for the big events, even if they are lousy when it's raining or roasting hot!

Quote:
That means I'm good to have access to the circuit han,covid wise?
yes, you're correct, it means you don't need to take a pcr test to enter the circuit, you can use this qr code in the app to do so. you can also use it at border control on arrival and departure too if you're flying in. my suspicion that the uk vaccination code may time out after 3 days was a poor reading comprehension moment - that's just the test results.

unrelated to all of the above, but as a foreigner in france, is the 49€/29€ price a flat rate? i'd go to a pcr test centre to avoid the awkward conversation in a pharmacy but uk entry is 72 hours for antigen tests, i'm tight fisted and that 20€ is useful
Old 26 Jul 2021, 08:29 (Ref:4063168)   #1269
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now then.

For those of us not going, does anyone know what the tv coverage schedule is going to be? Is there going to be additional coverage on the WEC App beyond what is on Eurosport, and where does something like Motorsport.com fit in?
Old 26 Jul 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4063186)   #1270
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Last year when I was camping in Malmedy I was streaming from my phone to my TV set. Eurosport had a 24/24 hour stream, so did the WEC app.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4063189)   #1271
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Pays de Loire now Orange on the EU map:
https://reopen.europa.eu/nl/map/DEU/7011
Old 26 Jul 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4063195)   #1272
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Last year when I was camping in Malmedy I was streaming from my phone to my TV set. Eurosport had a 24/24 hour stream, so did the WEC app.
Yep. I plan to use Eurosport Player again this year with RLM audio hopefully synced and hooked up to my guitar amp....
Old 26 Jul 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4063219)   #1273
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Pays de Loire now Orange on the EU map:
https://reopen.europa.eu/nl/map/DEU/7011
What does that mean in practice?
Old 26 Jul 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4063230)   #1274
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
For the vaccinated ones amongst us, not much. But I see the change from green to orange as a forboding for a change to red, and that might throw a few spanners in the works.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4063235)   #1275
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
For the vaccinated ones amongst us, not much. But I see the change from green to orange as a foreboding for a change to red, and that might throw a few spanners in the works.
Definitely a glass half empty type of guy aren't you!