Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Jul 2004, 12:45 (Ref:1052653)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ETCC: Spa

What a fantastic first race, great driving and competition from both the Muller's...and Seat for a podium.

Second race, well, again god result eventually for the Muller's, bit of aggressive blocking from Thompson on Priaulx - will wait and see what the Stewards say but nothing untowards I think really happpened (Priaulx not impressed, he clearly flashed James at one point).

Shame for Garcia only getting third. Tarquini seems a bit down about how much he can't beat the BMW's any more.

Now, as for Farfus, I bring myself to the attention of this forum's rules which are

Quote:
You agree, when you originally registered for the forum, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
And as such, am effectively censored from making any comment!
Old 31 Jul 2004, 13:06 (Ref:1052667)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good lad.

Martin Haven didn't hold back though. Thought he was going to start screaming at the pictures.
Old 31 Jul 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1052694)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suppose it's safe to say that I share Martin's opinion
Old 31 Jul 2004, 15:22 (Ref:1052737)   #4
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't think there was anything wrong with what Thompson did to Priaulx. I think the flash of headlights was probably Priaulx just reminding JT he was there. Farfus, however ... the swerve on Garcia at the start was late to put it mildly. Then, to have a BMW on the grass all the way up Kemmel, was ridiculous (wouldn't mind another look at those incidents, though - in either case, was there a big enough gap for either BMW driver to get properly alongside). What he did next, though, stacking up the field while knowing he'd been called in for a drive-thro' so Tarquini could get back on terms, was really ugly. I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall inside the Alfa motorhome afterwards.

Re. Thommo: good job he wasn't in trouble with the stewards afterwards. Not the day he'd want to miss his flight ...
Old 31 Jul 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1052867)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suppose what everybody is wondering - did Farfus do that on his own accord or after the team told him ?
Old 31 Jul 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1052871)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I'd like to think it was of his own accord, but based on some of Alfa's past tactics...looks like in instruction from Sipps to me.
Old 31 Jul 2004, 20:43 (Ref:1052885)   #7
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2001 Estoril clearly in memory.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 1 Aug 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1053129)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect the team told him.

But putting someone on the grass at Spa isn't clever.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 15:12 (Ref:1053319)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the only bad thing that Farfus did was at the start . all the other "moves" were legal .. he didn't push any car of the track . didn't swerve during braking ..
as Muller said . it's touring car racing

of course IMHO

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Aug 2004, 17:56 (Ref:1053405)   #10
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Well...

At the start he got a black and white flag for unsportsmanlike driving - weaving to block Garcia.

Then he got a stop and go for pushing Muller onto the grass.

Then he slowed up to block Muller into Tarquini before his penalty. That still seems unsportsmanlike to me, and he hasn't been punished for that action.....yet.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 18:54 (Ref:1053443)   #11
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw on crash.net that Thompsons car is called a 156 S2000. Was it a true ETCC car? I thought BTCC cars were classed as S2000?
Old 1 Aug 2004, 19:13 (Ref:1053453)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
ETCC = Super2000

The Seats (and Edenbridge BMW) in BTCC are also S2000 cars

Last edited by FIRE; 1 Aug 2004 at 19:14.
Old 4 Aug 2004, 10:05 (Ref:1055946)   #13
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow two fantastic races last weekend, thoroughly enjoyable and there were close action all the way down the field. Unfortunately I couldn't see any big screens showing the action where I was stood and I haven't seen the races on TV either so I can only go on what I saw coming past my spot but where I was there were some fantastic action going on. Its a shame Priaulx has lost the lead of the championship (for now at least anyway ) but with 6 races left to go anything could happen, I think its going to be a great end to another spectacular year.

I also now have my photos up from Saturday’s races. You can see them
here

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice