Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Feb 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4035728)   #4301
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wish I had been standing next to you, Peter in 2014, it was much nicer than where I was;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7526.JPG   IMG_7527.JPG   IMG_7529.JPG  

IMG_7630.JPG   IMG_7869.JPG   IMG_7549.JPG  

Old 18 Feb 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4035741)   #4302
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed I think I got the better day.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4035758)   #4303
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Thanks.
Dont mention it!
I wonder how the Capri owner satisfies scrutineering with such a front track. in principle the wheel arches are supposed to cover at least one third of the tyre. Anyway, good looking, great corner attitude.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 21:29 (Ref:4035796)   #4304
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yep, nice shots. Are the two Auto Onion 2-Stroke engined?

Yes, 2 stroke. Not very quick but sound great. Also a nice change from the usual HistoricTouring Car fare of Mustangs, Minis and Cortinas.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4035845)   #4305
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Of course there's no comparison with our "market" but what is noticeable and enjoyable is that anything can be raced in England. Huge difference. With five pages of this thread you could fill ten years of wonderful grids here. If not more!
Old 20 Feb 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4036083)   #4306
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Croft, July 2017:
Attached Thumbnails
C1.JPG   C2.JPG   C3.JPG  

C4.JPG   C5.JPG   C6.JPG  

Old 21 Feb 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4036195)   #4307
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Spa 6 Hours meeting 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0167.JPG   DSCN0163.JPG   DSCN8832.JPG  

DSCN8837.JPG   DSCN8825.JPG   DSCN8869.JPG  

Old 21 Feb 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4036204)   #4308
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Yay - fame! Our car at the top of post #4306 - think that must have been quali as the race was somewhat wet! And me - in the black race suit in the bottom shot
Old 21 Feb 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4036211)   #4309
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci Malcolm, nice shots. Is the GTV Bertone pedaled by the pair G Allen/ D Roberts as seen in some PA events?

You look great Richard, tea time is serious, more than the pads or fluid bleeding it seems.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4036210)   #4310
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
And me in the bottom shot
when I read that my whole life flashed in front of my eyes. Scary.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4036213)   #4311
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MGDavid is that you in 8837?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Feb 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4036215)   #4312
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dunno if its David red car but assuming Malcolm was sitting at the entry of Pouhon, he must have used a very long focal length. Up the hill, near a baraque Ã* frites, Malcolm?
Old 21 Feb 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4036229)   #4313
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
when I read that my whole life flashed in front of my eyes. Scary.

I could possibly have phrased it better
Old 22 Feb 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4036283)   #4314
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Quote:
Merci Malcolm, nice shots. Is the GTV Bertone pedaled by the pair G Allen/ D Roberts as seen in some PA events?
Gerard, the GTV is David Erwin, HSCC competitor for many years.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0231.jpg  
Old 22 Feb 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4036285)   #4315
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Quote:
Dunno if its David red car but assuming Malcolm was sitting at the entry of Pouhon, he must have used a very long focal length. Up the hill, near a baraque Ã* frites, Malcolm?
Found a couple more of car 68 - entry list confirms it is MG David.

I was near entry to Pouhon with Nikon bridge camera, best 300 Pounds I have ever spent. Quality not the best but very long lens.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN9855b.JPG   DSCN8773.JPG  
Old 22 Feb 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4036289)   #4316
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci pour les réponses, Malcolm. I recognized Pouhon entry and guess you were standing rather far, overhanging the track. So, good pics, long length. If my memory serves, behind you on the right, the Kart track, on your left a baraque Ã* frites serving fricandelles and below a small hut to host marshals. Hope I'll be there again, one day…

David, your trajectories are absolutely stunning! Perfect apex. Bien joué, Professeur!
Old 22 Feb 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4036317)   #4317
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I the only one here who's raced both the GP track and the kart track? Actually I've done more laps of the kart track than the road course.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Feb 2021, 06:29 (Ref:4036369)   #4318
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Et maintenant, c'est l'heure des poseurs! Theeeeeere you go…

Am I the only one on here who's raced at Spa both the GP track and the real original, for men only, big guts needed, no BX allowed, track of the seventies? Should I add bus stop version, with and without?

Mind you, I can ask the same question about Le Mans, cose I raced the three, real thing, Bugatti and kart.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4036378)   #4319
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Mind you, I can ask the same question about Le Mans, cose I raced the three, real thing, Bugatti and kart.
I drove down the Mulsanne straight in a road car, driving to Spain. Does that count?
How do go with Mt Panorama Bathurst, GerryMo?
Old 23 Feb 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4036406)   #4320
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bathurst, I had a talk with Yvan Muller he said it was crazy but loved it. I recall he had to race once after the loss of the windshield of his Holden. What the crew did in the pits was to remove the rear window! Happy to wear a full face helmet with visor he said.

Do you remember how fast you were in the Mulsanne straight? With my 505 T the cops caught me at 253 kmh in the morning, a category record. No fine tho, it was during Q of the support race!
Later, the best speed achieved in category was 267 kmh for a Pug 309 T and 304 kmh for a 944 T. No chicane for those.

I can't recommend enough you check your sat nav settings, from Australia to Spain doesn't give Le Mans as a step!
Old 23 Feb 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4036413)   #4321
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Muller, now there is a legend. That was in 2005 when he lost his windshield, but he kept on going. Only in Bathurst are you likely to see a driver not bothered by the loss of a windscreen. Muller's had a lot to cope with in his career, from ice racing to tin tops, so something like that would have been a minor inconvenience to him

Do love these stories. How long ago did you drive that 505 down Mulsanne? I'm intrigued. Those speeds sound fun. Especially with no chicanes

And yes Sat Navs can be misleading, but to get from Australia to Spain, now there's an idea
Old 23 Feb 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4036448)   #4322
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mmmmm the 505 I'd say 1986. We had a a one make series, organised by PTS (Peugeot Talbot Sport) the boss was Jean Todt. We had to purchase a full kit, mechanical and body parts, to fit to a road car. The result was very fast cars, door to door racing and last but not least a lot of money for the 1st to 10 th place. The engine was a Chrysler 2 litre overbored to 2.2 and the engine parts had been studied by Danielson, a french company located near Magny-Cours.
A rare opportunity for Sunday drivers to race at Le Mans and Monaco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek-fCpq66-c
https://www.facebook.com/OldtimersYo...7313640597428/
Old 23 Feb 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4036509)   #4323
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to see Malcolm keeping things alive when I have been busy elsewhere, with some fabulous images.I hope you have plenty more M.

No Pom this year, but here is a reminder of what we are missing;
Attached Thumbnails
298.JPG   325.JPG   356.JPG  

331.JPG   369.JPG   393.JPG  

Old 23 Feb 2021, 22:30 (Ref:4036511)   #4324
bauble
Veteran

England
Something from sunnier times, a mixed bag;
Attached Thumbnails
179.JPG   244.JPG   245.JPG  

David Bishop MG TC.jpg 2.jpg   IMG_1646.JPG   img_5857-1_15504046237_o.jpg  

Old 23 Feb 2021, 22:38 (Ref:4036515)   #4325
bauble
Veteran

England
The President's Race WHT.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0669.JPG   IMG_0672.JPG   IMG_0679.JPG  

IMG_0691.JPG   IMG_0693.JPG   IMG_0703.JPG