Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:44 (Ref:3891233)   #201
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Thx Briscoe. Vette in a podium position now.
he won't be as happy about that as you are.

Great race, and the driver pairing in the 31 is possibly unbeatable with Nasr and Derani.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:45 (Ref:3891234)   #202
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What's most important. Is there furniture on fire in the hairpin?
Do you have to ask? Think it's more how much is on fire not whether there's stuff on fire

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:47 (Ref:3891235)   #203
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What's most important. Is there furniture on fire in the hairpin?
Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:50 (Ref:3891236)   #204
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Do you have to ask? Think it's more how much is on fire not whether there's stuff on fire

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sadly, I caught a glimpse of the "normal spot" on the berm inside the hairpin - twas dark
Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:56 (Ref:3891238)   #205
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sadly, I caught a glimpse of the "normal spot" on the berm inside the hairpin - twas dark
Conclusive proof. Sportscar racing isn’t what it once was.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:59 (Ref:3891239)   #206
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Had 1 beer. Now, a little nap; then Melbourne GP...
Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:59 (Ref:3891240)   #207
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Conclusive proof. Sportscar racing isn’t what it once was.
^fact

HOWEVER. Something is getting burnt to the ground tonight in Green Park. Likely, many things.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3891369)   #208
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Penske has not been all that impressive in imsa this time around yet.

Maybe they are not allowing them to cheat this time around. Ooops sorry! The famous Penske unfair advantage, is what I meant to say
Old 17 Mar 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3891377)   #209
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Still enjoying the live races through the incar cameras and Radio Le Mans. My favorite was watching through the camera on the #55 Mazda watching the sunset and listening to the stories from Johnny O'Connell.

Was also working on other things and the smooth sound of that little high-revving Mazda engine going through the gears was a great backdrop. Suddenly, the little engine was quite and I looked and there were a whole bunch of tires in the scene.

Looking forward to the Roku replays. One thing I am wanting to see are all the battle scars, dirt and grime on the cars that they were talking about on RLM. After a weekend of racing with the WEC holding a 1,000 mile race and then with the rain, they said the cars were filthy. Love seeing the cars all nice and shiny, but seeing them all beat up and dirty after a long endurance race with parts missing, taped up noses, cracked windows and big tire prints on the windscreens always adds a special dimension to the sport.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3891394)   #210
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
A Cadillac win again, it's almost becoming as predictable as Toyota in the WEC . At least there's different teams running them I guess. Really thought the Acura had a shot this time around. I did figure at least one Mazda would catch fire, they seem to have at least one car burn. I missed a lot of the race but what I did watch seemed fun with the mixed conditions, wet dry, wet again. I can't say it was a 'classic' but those are hard to come by these days it seems.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 02:44 (Ref:3891489)   #211
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well Cadillac won because they are the best. Can’t really compare to other series. Looks like an action packed race. Conditions probably added to it. I think IMSA has something about it that makes it tick, which is good
Old 19 Mar 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3891866)   #212
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I've written elsewhere about my first Sebring experience and the WEC race so I'll just add here: great event, great fans and I still love DPIs.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3891930)   #213
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it always has been a great race and WEC was a great addition. This season has been no exception in what a great event it is
Old 20 Mar 2019, 00:18 (Ref:3891969)   #214
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Pla says that he felt that the #77 had the pace to win if it wasn't for the crash
https://www.autosport.com/imsa/news/...bomarito-crash

He doesn't mention the noticeable issue with the door, but the reason for that is obvious.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 00:46 (Ref:3891981)   #215
S griffin
Veteran

Well teams always can use the what if story. Certainly this is one of them
Old 20 Mar 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3892062)   #216
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
It was my first visit to Sebring and what an experience it was. Friendly people, open paddock, almost no fences around the track made for many nice photo spots.
45 minutes before the race you could do the pits gridwalk without an extra ticket.
Two races and also some support action meant we had some very busy days,
Old 20 Mar 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3892075)   #217
S griffin
Veteran

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it. Not surprised the paddock was open, why shouldn't it be? It's not a series where money talks to much. And it's a friendly atmosphere too. And of course support races are very important
Old 20 Mar 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3892167)   #218
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gallery from wet to dry day ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaQAg6g

... and night

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmC7BzmE
Old 20 Mar 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3892199)   #219
S griffin
Veteran

What a race it must have been, different conditions, different light
Old 20 Mar 2019, 19:29 (Ref:3892259)   #220
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't quite face going through my photos yet but had an absolutely stunning weekend at Sebring. Such a brilliant track, paddock and atmosphere. Can't wait to go back in a few years.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3892284)   #221
S griffin
Veteran

Bet your photos look great. Seems Sebring delivers. Just what it is supposed to do. Better go there while it’s still good
Old 20 Mar 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3892310)   #222
S griffin
Veteran

So anymore photos? They give Sebring the justice it deserves. Great event as ever. No wonder so many go
Old 21 Mar 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3892407)   #223
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know when the full race replay is likely to be up on YouTube? Missed the race as I was at Albert Park for F1. The ten minute highlights are nice but would like to kick back and watch the whole race even if it takes me a week.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3892421)   #224
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seen at Sebring - a random selection of things seen away from the track ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmwLmbqN
Old 21 Mar 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3892437)   #225
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://www.flickr.com/gp/dwh38/h2J3a5

And a few from pit-lane through the wire.