Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jul 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3275414)   #2051
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One more year I did not attend... :-( Been a bit away from the whole endurance/gt racing thing for a while now, not keeping updated as before, but anyway... (still catching up on this thread)

Managed to watch only a bit of the live race on Eurosport; watched the whole race from the videos posted on youtube a few days later.

I have to say that it was a bit of a strange race, with mixed emotions; sadness for the Allan accident, joy for the Porsche performance, amazement for the ACO´s competence (of lack of), etc...

Irish Road Racing/Isle Of Man TT being my favorite form of racing, I do not have a fixed idea of what could have been done in regards to Allan´s accident and what led to it. Danger/risk is part of motorsport, so one must accept such consequences.

Safety/security measures, most of them any way, are reactionary, which usually means someone has to die before anything is done. If I recall correctly, did not Rocky have an accident on the same spot? Why was not something to minimize injury in this area? I am not an expert on the subject, but I find it hard to believe that the use of softer material in this area, whether simple piles of tyres or F1-style barriers (as suggested by one of commentators on Eurosport, Damian, I think) would not reduce the risk of injury.

Regarding the ACO, I am still puzzled by its reticence to employ more efficient means in general. For example, to clean up debris, why not get a few street-sweepers/blowers? I do not think thay are too expensive for ACO´s pockets. If they are, at least get WIDER brooms for the marshalls. The broom I used to clean up my garage/shop is at least twice the width of the one used at the Circuit de la Sarthe, ffs. The safety car is another issued yet to be properly resolved. I am not sure of the best solution, but even the one used in the ALMS might be a better option.

Racing, in general, was entertaining, thanks to professional and spirited performance of some and comical theatrics of others (no.39, and no.51). Can not wait for Porsche to come next year in LMP1! Audi and Peugeot (or Toyota? ) need a serious rival.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3305148)   #2052
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autosport are reporting that Delta-ADR's exclusion has been upheld.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109921
Old 13 Nov 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3330954)   #2053
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thread 'unstuck'. Time to think of 2014.......
Old 14 Nov 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3331145)   #2054
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thread 'unstuck'. Time to think of 2014.......
I think you have been think about 2014 since June Andrew
Old 14 Nov 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3331257)   #2055
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who hasn't!?
Old 14 Nov 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3331259)   #2056
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think you have been think about 2014 since June Andrew
Yes, very true Simon!