Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Jun 2003, 07:56 (Ref:641150)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Chevy Grand Prix of Atlanta - ALMS

The next ALMS event is planned for next sunday (06/29) ; any news about it ?

Where could we find the entry list ?

Is there a link to follow the race (classification board and radio) ?

Any news and comments are welcome !

This guy should be here...
Old 24 Jun 2003, 09:48 (Ref:641204)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Fab - did you try IMSA's website? They always have the information that you are looking for.

http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm.../entrylist.htm

There will be live timing.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 14:22 (Ref:641490)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been watching this list for a couple of weeks....

Interesting to see Joest back with an Audi again on the track with Biela and Werner, and the Herbert/Lehto driver combo for Champion is a solid lineup....

Note:

As of today, there are more total prototypes at Monza (11 SRP1s and 5 SRP2s -- 16 cars) than there are at Road Atlanta (7 LMP 900s and 7 LMP 675s)....

Missing from both fields: Audi UK, Team Goh, factory Courage, Matthews R&S, Kondo Dome, Lister...

Back in the fray: Doran Lista's Dallara and the American Spirit R&S in Atlanta, and Promec, Taurus, Ascari and R&M in Monza...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 Jun 2003, 15:12 (Ref:641537)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry about the wrong count on Monza....

The original list has 6 SRP2s -- 4 Lucchinis and 2 Pilbeams

That would make 17 protos in Italy this weekend and 14 at Atlanta...

Old 24 Jun 2003, 16:56 (Ref:641627)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Why is Jim Matthews missing Atlanta?
Old 24 Jun 2003, 17:11 (Ref:641645)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The usual reasons.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Jun 2003, 18:45 (Ref:641789)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Which would be???

If they are going to run Petit like they did last year, I would think they would want to be there...they've made plenty of changes to the car since last October...

And he doesn't seem to be short of $$$...

Old 24 Jun 2003, 18:57 (Ref:641811)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My understanding is that, yes, it is the money. Bill Riley had said that a full schedule was a possibility, as there were sponsors and drivers showing interest. I'll find the quote from dailysportscar and post it anon.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Jun 2003, 18:59 (Ref:641814)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks! I do recall him saying that earlier...

Old 24 Jun 2003, 19:24 (Ref:641831)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
And after Le Mans? The news is good for ALMS fans. Bill Riley has had a great deal of interest in the team, from drivers and sponsors. Nothing definite yet, but a full ALMS program is a good possibility.

-Russell Wittenberg, dailysportscar, May 20 2003.

-Bill James
Old 24 Jun 2003, 19:31 (Ref:641841)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I'd like to see them run more races....and I wish that they were in Atlanta this weekend....

They need to get track time with the Yates engine to develop it further and with their new aero changes over the past year, the chassis is a lot better....

that would be a Panoz challenger for certain and I believe a Panoz beater...and in Europe, they would run with RFH...sure did it at LM this year....especially when you look at the hour by hour breakdowns before R&S dropped out...

Old 25 Jun 2003, 05:09 (Ref:642222)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Fab - did you try IMSA's website? They always have the information that you are looking for.

http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm.../entrylist.htm

There will be live timing.
Just perfect !

Lots of thanks, Fogelhound !
Old 25 Jun 2003, 05:17 (Ref:642225)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I'm surprised to see so few LMP 900... or is it because we hust come back from LM ? I'm glad to see the Dallara on the track, it missed a lot at LM. But the Domes, Courages, black R&S, Audi UK, and... Bentleys are missing...

The MGs are back in LMP 675, hopefully, but the DBA is missing.

The GTS grid is good, even if a little numerously weak though ; but great great cars (Olive Garden Maranello ! Why is there no red color any more on the Olive Garden painting ?)

A bunch of GTs...
Old 25 Jun 2003, 06:03 (Ref:642241)   #14
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nearly half the field is GT3-Rs. Still, while their are very few protos, there are now three teams with an honest to goodness shot at taking the overall victory. Seems alot better, huh? In the best of rest status, the Dallara, R&S, and JML will be a stout fight. I wouldn't cry too much about the JMR R&S, we've got our full season R&S now. I'm especially pleased to see the Dallara on this track. I beleive Road Atlanta to be where it will have it's best performance. I'm too anxious to see where everyone will qualify.

The race itself will be extremely tumultuous. It has taken about six hours for PLM to settle down these past couple of years, and have you seen better racing? Truly the best choice for the replacement race, and I hope to see a sprint race at Atlanta next year. I say all this without even seeing the race yet, I hope I'm not disappointed.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 25 Jun 2003, 09:45 (Ref:642429)   #15
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like the Panoz LM-LM, looks great. any plans for this to race at Le Mans in 2004?
GTS is a bit thin but GT is nice and large.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 14:11 (Ref:642696)   #16
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
The GTS grid is good, even if a little numerously weak though ; but great great cars (Olive Garden Maranello ! Why is there no red color any more on the Olive Garden painting ?)
There is. Check out this photo (a cropping of a David Lord / dailysportscar photo from Sebring this year).

If you feel it has to be removed, I'll try to get one of my own scanned in and posted tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
olivegarden550rear.jpg  

-Bill James
Old 25 Jun 2003, 14:26 (Ref:642711)   #17
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Note to Fab:

Some of the teams you mention as being absent for Road Atlanta will be racing this weekend -- at Monza...DBA, the RfH Domes, and one of Henri's Pescarolos...

But no Audi UK (probably because Goodyear is the FIA-SCC tire?) and Bentleys are not at either place....

I don't know if we'll ever see the Bentleys again...but I don't have a crystal ball...

Old 25 Jun 2003, 16:44 (Ref:642815)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
For some reason my memory tells me that the JMR R&S was going to do the full season, starting after the Atlanta race. Dunno if that was 100% or not.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 17:18 (Ref:642842)   #19
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
See my post above, for Russell's quote from Bill Riley.

-Bill James
Old 25 Jun 2003, 19:39 (Ref:643000)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
oh and aswell as the live timing on the IMSA site the Radio Web will be on air providing commentry again, this will be provided by John Hindhaugh, as usally......
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:26 (Ref:643050)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I haven't checked the ALMS site, but I belive that in the US one of the Tv networks will carry it...whoever had the deal with ALMS for the Washington DC race...

Does anyone know if that is still the case????

Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:41 (Ref:643065)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
CBS, it's the two hour condensed version that they like to do for broadcast networks (as opposed to on Speed TV).

-Bill James
Old 25 Jun 2003, 21:11 (Ref:643103)   #23
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I'll be tuned in!!!!!

BTW...I've never been to Mosport, but it looks like a great circuit to watch them race from what I've seen on TV...

Old 25 Jun 2003, 21:31 (Ref:643131)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even though I am in the UK, I can confirm that CBS will carrying the race live
Old 26 Jun 2003, 00:28 (Ref:643261)   #25
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Tim, if you're ever lucky enough to get to it, I'd be happy to show you around and feed you BEvERages. Someday when the 500 returns to its former glory I'll look you up in your back yard.

-Bill James