Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Dec 2020, 18:13 (Ref:4022216)   #551
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice one Gerard.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4022218)   #552
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Please stop, you gonna wreck my bad reputation! It took a while to build it ya no…

The Talbot Lago pic helped me to stop wandering in the dédale of my memory…
Old 11 Dec 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4022222)   #553
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will have to think of something a little harder now, then find some pictures.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 18:39 (Ref:4022223)   #554
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seriously speaking this kind of puzzle is great because you're bringing back to the front of the scene under considered drivers or shy ones. Please go on and thanks again. En cette période de fêtes, je me permets d'ajouter vive la France et les boudins cuits!
Old 11 Dec 2020, 19:10 (Ref:4022227)   #555
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Try this one, who would have driven all of these types of car?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brabham BT2.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	65739Click image for larger version

Name:	Lotus 59 John Counsell.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	699.8 KB
ID:	65740Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Lotus 61 Dick Dixon.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	65741
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lotus 69 Anthony Wallen   (4).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	65742Click image for larger version

Name:	Lotus 72 (2).JPG
Views:	4
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	65743Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevron B28 Simon Taylor  .JPG
Views:	2
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	65744
Old 11 Dec 2020, 20:06 (Ref:4022235)   #556
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK Gerrymo, here is one for you, try not to blurt out the answer, give evryone a chance. Send me a PM when you have the answer - PLEASE?
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0564.JPG   _MG_0227.JPG   291.JPG  

IMG_0237.JPG   _MG_0610.JPG   IMG_4720.JPG  

Old 11 Dec 2020, 20:15 (Ref:4022239)   #557
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
N'aie pas d'inquiétude mon Ami Robert, I wont spoil your game. With the virus around, what about sending the message avec un pigeon voyageur? Les vents sont portants…*Let me know what else I can do to please you! Your friend Gérard.
Old 11 Dec 2020, 22:02 (Ref:4022251)   #558
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
N'aie pas d'inquiétude mon Ami Robert, I wont spoil your game. With the virus around, what about sending the message avec un pigeon voyageur? Les vents sont portants…*Let me know what else I can do to please you! Your friend Gérard.
Soon, Gerard (there's a clue) we will not be able to use un pigeon, as it will be against the EU rules to export birds to France without a permit.

Let us hope that fraternal relationships will not be affected by the completion of Brexit.

Ami Robert.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 00:32 (Ref:4022269)   #559
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Try this one, who would have driven all of these types of car?

Attachment 65739Attachment 65740Attachment 65741
Attachment 65742Attachment 65743Attachment 65744

Not at all sure about this one but maybe Dave Walker?
Old 12 Dec 2020, 06:42 (Ref:4022296)   #560
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Let us hope that fraternal relationships will not be affected by the completion of Brexit.
NO worry about that, Ami Robert, no worry at all.
Chris think french first methink…
Old 12 Dec 2020, 08:17 (Ref:4022301)   #561
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not at all sure about this one but maybe Dave Walker?
Well done Chris. Now can you tell me where & when he competed in a Vauxhall Ventora?
Old 12 Dec 2020, 09:38 (Ref:4022308)   #562
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tour of Britain?
Old 12 Dec 2020, 09:39 (Ref:4022309)   #563
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
London to Sydney 68
Old 12 Dec 2020, 09:40 (Ref:4022310)   #564
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
London to Sydney means he was not only a good driver but an experimented sailor too!
This is my answer to "where"!!
Old 12 Dec 2020, 09:49 (Ref:4022311)   #565
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well done Chris. Now can you tell me where & when he competed in a Vauxhall Ventora?
London > Sydney Marathon.
That very car now lives in Aus.

Edit: Did not realise Gerrymo had already answered above Q.
Quote:
London to Sydney means he was not only a good driver but an experimented sailor too!
This is my answer to "where"!!
Hehehe ..... Dave Walker now runs a boat charter business here in Aus.

Last edited by E.B; 12 Dec 2020 at 09:55.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 09:55 (Ref:4022313)   #566
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Well done Gerrard & Chris.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 10:06 (Ref:4022315)   #567
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci Messieurs les Anglais, vous incarnez parfaitement le fighting spirit et le fair play. Quelle classe, quel talent, il me plaît Ã* le souligner. En tant que représentant de la belle France je vous salue bien bas. Pour les haggys et le plum pudding, en revanche, on va éviter…
Old 12 Dec 2020, 18:52 (Ref:4022407)   #568
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Please try to answer bauble's #556 question. If I'm right may be you could refer to a certain friendship displayed here between two men, two friends. Et s'il vous plaît, qu'il ne soit pas question de sexe n'est-ce pas! Messieurs les Anglais, tirez les premiers! Boooom…
Old 13 Dec 2020, 06:28 (Ref:4022518)   #569
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Alors les Britons, il faut vous mettre la cuiller dans la bouche maintenant! WAKE UP. Very nice question, makes my day and week. You all so brilliant on usual you have special needs now???
He drove several types of Cooper…
Old 13 Dec 2020, 08:07 (Ref:4022522)   #570
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Bob will tell us when he is ready but it is much easier when you know the T39 should be a T44.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 08:45 (Ref:4022527)   #571
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ed Hugus was quite a competent driver with several good results at Le Mans, and was a reserve driver for the Rindt/Gregory car and was there just in case! When Rindt came in during the night Gregory got to drive in the fog (& dark) his glasses were steaming up so he pitted but with Rindt asleep Hugus took over. He could not get to the podium in time for various reasons so missed out on the celebrations.

He was also involved with the first AC/Shelby Cobra's.
Sorry to pick up on an old comment, but this was thoroughly debunked in Motor Sport a month or two back. Lovely romantic story but the facts and lap charts don't match apparently.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 13 Dec 2020, 14:39 (Ref:4022618)   #572
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Max? I dont recommend you watch the movie Le Mans 66 then…

Back in the day, we had few scrutineers to watch over our shoulder. How do I know? I did several night laps on a Honda during a famous enduro held at Montlhéry just because we couldn't find the official rider, either asleep or having a love affair in the bushes around!
Now we have electronic devices on the helmet or the wrist to attest who's driving at a given moment of the race.
Je peux le dire maintenant, il y a prescription. Parfois, la réalité dépasse la fiction. Happy days!

What's your answer to #556 question? One clue: not Tintin, not Haddock, not Milou…*
Old 13 Dec 2020, 14:57 (Ref:4022623)   #573
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerard I'll try to find the article online, but basically the author looked at the official journal of the race, and all the laps were at Gregory's pace faster than the other guy had ever driven in his life.

Old 13 Dec 2020, 15:00 (Ref:4022625)   #574
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
!

What's your answer to #556 question? One clue: not Tintin, not Haddock, not Milou…*
Car in picture 2 is an ERA, the rest - I've no idea.

Old 13 Dec 2020, 15:34 (Ref:4022639)   #575
bauble
Veteran

England
This one is exclusively for Midgetnan, as I ty to move him up the rankings of the Stupido Club. See what a nice chap I am?

Can you identify what marque (err .. make) these cars are?
Attached Thumbnails
A MM 4.jpg   A MM 5.JPG   A MM 6.jpg  

A MM.JPG   A mm2.JPG   A MM3.jpg