Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 28 Nov 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2343262)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think having three people in his sidecar probably isn't helping!

Fantastic picture, though.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2343520)   #17
ROGER JORDAN
Rookie

United Kingdom
NORTH DEVON
ROGER JORDAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a blast from the past, West Cornwall Motor Club with the much missed Harold Luke-Dunne scrutineering, what a gentleman.
Did you run at Trengwainton Jamie ?
Judging by the angle of the trees a bit scary on a bike for sure, a bit like the tree that grew out at an angle just after the gate at Wiscombe, I`ve seen many a sidecar passenger move their head to miss that one !! a breed apart from us four wheelers that`s for sure.
Superb picture, any more ?
Best regards Roger.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 07:10 (Ref:2343708)   #18
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

You can still see these 'shots' at Loton and Shelsley etc thank goodness, just select Monochrome!
I thought another enlarged pic here would be good!

Last edited by 911thillclimber; 29 Nov 2008 at 07:12.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 13:11 (Ref:2343830)   #19
High Speed Diesel
Rookie

High Speed Diesel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never got to ride at Trengainton Roger, but it was my first recollections of motor sport, my father held the 350cc record there and back in the 70's I used to walk to the top and get a lift down on the tank of his Velocette, as I also did at Wiscombe and any other hill we could gat away with it. I had to wait until 86 before I could ride, Trengwainton was long gone by then.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2358997)   #20
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Speed Diesel
Thanks Roger, Tregrehan is two miles down the road for me, hope it's back next year.
As for the 2CV, my Uncle, Phil Williams has already tried, anyone remember "Kermit"
Jamie, might sound a strange question but did you live at the top of Cormorant drive in Holmbush??
Old 21 Dec 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2359276)   #21
High Speed Diesel
Rookie

Correct
Mitchell Road actually, mother still lives there.
Old 21 Dec 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2359282)   #22
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought so! Sent you a PM.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2984715)   #23
High Speed Diesel
Rookie

Sorry to open old threads, but just came acorss these pics http://www.panoramio.com/photo/50468622 of Trengwainton earlier this year, seems the old course was cleared for access. Probably by the National Trust.

Concrete doesn't look that bad so I might have to take a trip 40 miles eastward sometime.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2984762)   #24
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Best take your bike Jamie!!...and an onboard camera..
Old 12 Nov 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2984824)   #25
High Speed Diesel
Rookie

Hi Steve
Gonna pop down tomorrow and take some pics, will post what I see.

Try and pop into Hayle on route and pick up a philps pasty
Old 12 Nov 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2984865)   #26
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Speed Diesel View Post
Hi Steve
Gonna pop down tomorrow and take some pics, will post what I see.

Try and pop into Hayle on route and pick up a philps pasty

You lucky b*gger!
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2985841)   #27
High Speed Diesel
Rookie

Popped into Trengwainton today and the track and foliage had been cleared. The concrete looks amazingly well preserved, but still rough. I have added the 2011 pics to the other pics I have and posted them here in some order.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2985844)   #28
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valence near Sevenoaks, the school is still there but a golf course is in the way, Such a shame, I don't even like golf
Old 18 Nov 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2988159)   #29
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Speed Diesel View Post
Popped into Trengwainton today and the track and foliage had been cleared. The concrete looks amazingly well preserved, but still rough. I have added the 2011 pics to the other pics I have and posted them here in some order.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Superb Sir! Just showed my parents as they are up to stay, and as NT members they regularly walk down there but were gobsmacked to see pics of bikes running down there. Dad said take a few MX bikes up there and it will soon be clear.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2988187)   #30
Ardmore Racing
Rookie

Ardmore Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Westbrook Hay, nr Hemel Hempstead - this is now the driveway to a prep school. (My wife used to work there - nobody at the school remembered the hillclimb). The track is now lined on either side by a stout fence to keep the Belted Galloway cattle in.

Great Auclum, nr Reading - The track is mostly still there, including the banking, but is in a terrible state. I took a Mallock there a few years ago for a tv programme and there was no way you could drive on it. A large housing estate has been built right up to the edge of the track.