Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Jul 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1362311)   #1
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC at Mondello park (yeah, and all the other races!)

Was it just my eyes (or my tele) or do all the Marshals out there wear dark green overalls???
they tend to blend in with the tyre walls that have been belted and painted green!!

Lee
Old 24 Jul 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1362320)   #2
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
EP wears orange!
Old 25 Jul 2005, 11:16 (Ref:1362816)   #3
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rescue gang feel they have to be different so they have green overalls. Folks working on the bank are in orange.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1363022)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Green being one of the recognised colours for emergency medical personell
Old 25 Jul 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1363063)   #5
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, ok, My Bad!!!
Still I like the way they paint the tyres green so the drivers don't know what they hit!!
Old 25 Jul 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1363107)   #6
Gonfra
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

United Nations
International Man of Mystery
Gonfra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spare a thought chaps! I'm still driving home from Mondello!!!!!
Old 25 Jul 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1363113)   #7
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CV Racer
Rescue gang feel they have to be different so they have green overalls. Folks working on the bank are in orange.
Green seperates rescue crew from marshals at an incident scene, it helps us locate eachother at a glance, hence improving our ability to work as a team. Its nothing to do with being different as ALL Mondello rescue crew have served time on the bank.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1363192)   #8
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having watched the days proceedings on MotorsTV,I was amused by one Marshals method of sending a greeting to her Mother,with the help of the SC board On a different note,not having been to Mondello,I noticed on the Startline,an access "gate" seemed to be permanently open.Is this standard practise?
Old 25 Jul 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1363316)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You haven't been? You should. Great week-end - interesting circuit and the locals are very welcoming. Just back now (40m from Dublin to Birmingham and 2 hrs from Brum to Wolverhampton. Good old BR!

Gonfra, didn't realise you were there. Where were you?
Old 25 Jul 2005, 23:13 (Ref:1363353)   #10
Gonfra
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

United Nations
International Man of Mystery
Gonfra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Gonfra, didn't realise you were there. Where were you?
Drove the medical truck over, was on med car on Fri and part of Saturday and spectatoring most of Sunday (Best FBMW race of the season - Great drive from Matt Harris- weird that no one decided to run on slicks as track was drying well)

Eventful drive home , a mammoth 14 hours! Part of Dublin sealed off, led a convoy of assorted BTCC trucks through assorted housing estates and narrow roads. 3 hours from Holyead to the M6 then battled down the M6 and M40, pick car up from Thruxton, arrive home at 1045!!

Phew!!
Old 26 Jul 2005, 06:23 (Ref:1363468)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandslammer
Having watched the days proceedings on MotorsTV,I was amused by one Marshals method of sending a greeting to her Mother,with the help of the SC board On a different note,not having been to Mondello,I noticed on the Startline,an access "gate" seemed to be permanently open.Is this standard practise?
The first "Hi Mum" board was made by myself for the first FIA Sportscar round we had, the idea was that the post I was on the back of the board would be facing the TV cameras. Unfortunately the board never got spotted for that round. That then became "my" SC board and would be used on whatever post I was on. Until one day when that board was left in the hut and I had to make a second one. So there's currently two in circulation at Mondello.

Later on when our very own DocH was trying to pull one of the grid girls there was a "Vote Grace" SC board as there was a "Vote For The Winning Grid Girl" contest.

I've still to see any of the footage of the board as I forgot to tape the TV coverage

As for the open gate at start line, there's a gate at the end of the pit wall, just where the armco starts and there is also a section with an offset armco gap just before the start/finish line. This is a fixed "gate" where the angled armco is supported by heavy posts and is actually about 18 inches above track level where it "open"
Old 26 Jul 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1363590)   #12
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON

I've still to see any of the footage of the board as I forgot to tape the TV coverage

As for the open gate at start line, there's a gate at the end of the pit wall, just where the armco starts and there is also a section with an offset armco gap just before the start/finish line. This is a fixed "gate" where the angled armco is supported by heavy posts and is actually about 18 inches above track level where it "open"
Thanks for the info....I did have it on tape,unfortunately,the weather was playing havoc with my reception and decided to record the bike GP instead
Old 27 Jul 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1364793)   #13
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I see Mr Plato was living up to his reputation by blaming everyone bar himself when he cocks up. "The car in front braked for too long forcing me to hit him" was, near enough, the quote I heard him give to Vicky the Henderson.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1364850)   #14
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got it on tape but not yet watched it all, so i'll let you know. I think i caught part of that interview when it was live, and it was something on the lines of "he braked more than i did. i wasn't having any other that, so i hit him"....