Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 18 Dec 2002, 19:00 (Ref:452852)   #1
Ralt Racer
Rookie

Ralt Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Budget Single Seater Series

The BARC SE centre are putting together a single seater challenge at Lydden and Silverstone to enable club racing in a cost effective manner. £120 entry fee 10min practice, 10min qual race and a 20 min challenge race with a reverse grid. Entry fee assistance and a prize for a club racer to have a race in an F3 car in 2004.

Question .... Do forum members see this as good thing, getting sprinters, those on a budget and those with not enough time to do a full season would be attracted to running in the challenge ?
Old 18 Dec 2002, 19:11 (Ref:452857)   #2
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that as a good thing. That is always an option. What cars are eligible?
Old 18 Dec 2002, 22:48 (Ref:452999)   #3
les beer
Rookie

les beer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full details will be posted as soon as Regs finalised but Cars that are eligable will be Formula First,Ford 1600,Honda,Vauhall junior,Vauxhall Lotus,Single seaters with Motor Cycle engines,Formula 4,Formula 3,any other formula car upto a maximum of 2ltres.Entry fee's around £120.00 to be confirmed subject to M.S.A changes to insurance requirements.We are also looking at running front engined Clubmans cars.Rounds will be run at Silverstone Stowe,Lydden and Snetterton.We may try to get an extra round at Brands but this is subject to the BRSCC.Any one wishing to register for details can email me and I will forward as soon as regs are available.We intend to run a low cost series run by the drivers for the drivers.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 09:29 (Ref:453253)   #4
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go for it - it sounds very good.
How many rounds??
Old 19 Dec 2002, 12:00 (Ref:453352)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sounds like a good idea Les. I guess with such a disparity in engine sizes and performance the gris will be a little spread out, but great on you for trying to get loads of people interested. What we need are full grids and battles for position right through the field.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 12:01 (Ref:453355)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sounds like a good idea Les. I guess with such a disparity in engine sizes and performance the grids will be a little spread out, but great on you for trying to get loads of people interested. What we need are full grids and battles for position right through the field.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 20:42 (Ref:453742)   #7
les beer
Rookie

Thanks JR. We intend to run the series over 8 rounds not including any for Brands.I forgot to mention we may select the main race grid by ballot.We also intend to elect a 4 man drivers committee to oversee driving standards before any one gets to the C.of.C the committee will also look at cars that are outside the spirit of the regs.Anyway lets spread the word and get back to full single seater grids that make for good close fast racing.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 22:25 (Ref:453806)   #8
Ralt Racer
Rookie

Runnin an F3

Les, I am gagging to try an original 1984 RT3 f3 car with an original Alfa novamotor the car is almost as quick as my ralt rt35.
Its just too old for arpf3 but not allowed in the historic f3 or Derek Bell Trophy and to run in monoposto I have to cut the car about to accept a standard engine. Is it possible to come out and play in this car?

There must be loads of quick single seaters out there that do not quite fit anywhere and drivers do not want to crash and bash with wannabees in national series.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 22:29 (Ref:453812)   #9
Ralt Racer
Rookie

Picture of the rt3

If anyones into ralt race cars, here's a pic of the rt3, 'the italian job' !
Attached Images

Old 19 Dec 2002, 22:49 (Ref:453827)   #10
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this are very good competitive cars for that

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/cars/d...?id=3436&cat=3
Old 20 Dec 2002, 08:18 (Ref:454036)   #11
les beer
Rookie

Ralt Racer will be able to run this car as will any other early F3 car or Atlantic.I might have to draw the line at 300 BHP formula 2 cars though.And with low registration fee's the series will allow people with odd or rare cars to enter as they see fit.One point to make clear is that we have a good response to this series and early registration is advised so we can get things moving fully.

Last edited by les beer; 20 Dec 2002 at 08:20.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 08:25 (Ref:454040)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I hope you get the grids you hope for Les, but I'm sad you won't be visiting Brands
Old 20 Dec 2002, 18:59 (Ref:454420)   #13
les beer
Rookie

We may get rounds at Brands but it will be subject to agreement with BRSCC as BARC se have a full calender.
We will be working on it though.The biggest single factor in both the Snetterton and Brands rounds will be the size of the grids.If we have only half a dozen or so cars to make up the grid then clearly the races wont happen.The whole point of this series is to encourage the guys with odd cars or even odd work schedules to come and play as and when they can.Having said that the response so far has been very good.I believe we create a good series for the south east which we need.
Old 23 Dec 2002, 08:41 (Ref:455995)   #14
JR Ewing
Veteran

Hmmm, isn't Silverstone Stowe a bit short for some of the cars intended?
Old 23 Dec 2002, 10:41 (Ref:456028)   #15
les beer
Rookie

We have heard some whispers that Octagon are planing to increase the length of the Stowe circuit but regardless of that we have to look at tracks that will enable us to keep cost down for the competitor.I havnt yet had a request from you for regs J.R. and would be interested to hear what type of car you run as I am sure with the interest you have shown you must be eager to get out there.We accept Stowe is quite short but it should give us some close racing and with large open spaces around the track it will give an extra margin for error to the newer drivers we hope to encourage from sprinting.And as we intend the first round to be at Stowe we feel we have made a sound choice.
Old 23 Dec 2002, 11:11 (Ref:456034)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I don't think Octagon will be doing ANY work at Silverstone or any other circuit from now on!
Old 23 Dec 2002, 12:09 (Ref:456074)   #17
JR Ewing
Veteran

I didn't think Silverstone Stowe circuit has a lot to do with Octoagon, has it?
Old 23 Dec 2002, 12:58 (Ref:456099)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Given Octagon have the lease and operating rights at Silverstone (for the time being) I thought it had very much to do with them!
Old 23 Dec 2002, 13:44 (Ref:456129)   #19
JR Ewing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Given Octagon have the lease and operating rights at Silverstone (for the time being) I thought it had very much to do with them!
Yes, you are right, of course.

*Bows respectfully*
Old 23 Dec 2002, 14:08 (Ref:456148)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
no problem dear chap.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 08:57 (Ref:472787)   #21
JR Ewing
Veteran

Anyone know anything more about this yet, dates etc??
Old 13 Jan 2003, 09:15 (Ref:472799)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I haven't heard anything personally. It might be worth looking at BARC's web site to see if they have posted any fresh news?
Old 5 Dec 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1477538)   #23
Steve Mead
Rookie

Steve Mead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,put me down for the serie s looking forwardto it
Old 5 Dec 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1477543)   #24
Steve Mead
Rookie

Steve Mead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought it would give you all a laugh as I was faster in 2003. so anyone know whats happening in 2006
Old 5 Dec 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1477612)   #25
Larry J-Croft
Rookie

England
Glastonbury
Larry J-Croft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Les,

We have spoken about your series before and I think its great - would have raced last year but as luck would have it every round either clashed with Mono races or other pressing social engagtements. Two observations:
I know that Lydden and Stowe are your main venues but a lot of us find Lydden a long tow and Stowe a tad simple, if you could get more venues it would really help. As you running under the BARC banner - surely you could get a Thruxton round - you would have to beat us all off with a stick if you could!! Secondly please don't mix grids by ballot or reversing them. This is Ok with cars of reasonably similar performance but your grids could have some seriously different cars. We raced at Mallory last Boxing Day, they tried this and the result was a couple of horrid accidents. They have agreed not to do it again. Good luck and how do I register??