Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jun 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3832520)   #2986
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Surprise WEC entry for Corvette in China in November with one car and special paint scheme.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/corve...-shanghai/6019
Well I didn't see that coming, can't wait to see it!
Old 22 Jun 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3832555)   #2987
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Pity they could not do that for silverstone as i can't imagine i will make it to china
Old 22 Jun 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3832557)   #2988
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
lol, yeah that would be cool. Unfortunately, GM doesn't sell 4 million cars in the UK, which is probably why Shanghai is the one-off.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3832565)   #2989
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
lol, yeah that would be cool. Unfortunately, GM doesn't sell 4 million cars in the UK, which is probably why Shanghai is the one-off.
Right. Like it or not, China has nearly 1/6th of the world's population. That's a lot of potential car buyers and these companies know it. That's why China is such a big market and things like this happen. At least there's another GTE racing.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 06:16 (Ref:3832600)   #2990
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Right. Like it or not, China has nearly 1/6th of the world's population. That's a lot of potential car buyers and these companies know it. That's why China is such a big market and things like this happen. At least there's another GTE racing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Pity they could not do that for silverstone as i can't imagine i will make it to china

Shanghai is the only race that does not conflict with the IMSA schedule.

L.P.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3832657)   #2991
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've never liked yellow on cars, so I'm likely to prefer this livery over the normal one...

Wish they would go back to the silver and black checkered paint.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 02:54 (Ref:3868430)   #2992
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The end of an era....and the beginning of a new.

Lanky Turtle aka, "The Man" got some spy footage of the C8.R testing at Sebring recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfg71KgtxO4

https://sportscar365.com/features/vi...UP2iq0qf6umtIk
Old 7 Dec 2018, 03:07 (Ref:3868434)   #2993
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
The end of an era....and the beginning of a new.

Lanky Turtle aka, "The Man" got some spy footage of the C8.R testing at Sebring recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfg71KgtxO4

https://sportscar365.com/features/vi...UP2iq0qf6umtIk
Doesn't have the traditional sound, but I still think it sounds pretty good!
Old 7 Dec 2018, 03:18 (Ref:3868439)   #2994
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Doesn't have the traditional sound, but I still think it sounds pretty good!
Yeah. It sounds alright. Doesn't sound like a Corvette to me, though

Oh well. The times they are a changin
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/Unrealisti...ter-mobile.mp4
Old 8 Dec 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3868732)   #2995
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like the Ferrari 458?
Old 8 Dec 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3868748)   #2996
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have to change to stay competitive, FIA put the kabosh on large displacement and took away the allowance for two valve per cylinder. Iíd much rather see a change than become Aston Martin like, hoping for generosity from the sanctioning body to be competitive, i.e. gifts. Corvette Racingís main goal is still a class win at Lemans and like it or not regulations are going to dictate what they do going forward. Iíll miss the rumble as well, but enjoy the podiums all the same.
Old 8 Dec 2018, 14:25 (Ref:3868752)   #2997
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Sounds like the Ferrari 458?
Yes it does, like a 5 liter flat plane twin turbo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kfg71KgtxO4
Old 8 Dec 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3868770)   #2998
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dunno, if that silly land yacht BMW can be BoP'ed to be competitive, I don't see why the current C7 or a future front-mid-engined (or whatever the hell they call it) sports car wouldn't be perfectly fine.

Not a fan of this new thing. I mean it's cool I guess, but I'd rather see it as a Cadillac running in some other class than as a "Corvette."

GT racing, and GT2/E in particular, used to be my favorite in racing, but I'm having a hard enough time mustering up interest in the class lately anyway, and this won't be helping.
Old 8 Dec 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3868795)   #2999
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
Yes it does, like a 5 liter flat plane twin turbo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kfg71KgtxO4
I know twin-turbo makes more sense, but it is so much louder despite having that soft turbo like sound. Compare to 488 GTE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXT2PdNfmE

But it doesn't have the scream of 458 either, at least not the scream of the GTE version.

There's also this recording of the C8.R: https://soundcloud.com/sportscar365/...sound-revealed

Last edited by deggis; 8 Dec 2018 at 17:46.
Old 9 Dec 2018, 07:06 (Ref:3868900)   #3000
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
They have to change to stay competitive, FIA put the kabosh on large displacement and took away the allowance for two valve per cylinder. Iíd much rather see a change than become Aston Martin like, hoping for generosity from the sanctioning body to be competitive, i.e. gifts. Corvette Racingís main goal is still a class win at Lemans and like it or not regulations are going to dictate what they do going forward. Iíll miss the rumble as well, but enjoy the podiums all the same.
The frankly kind of awful engine in the back of the 911 that dominated Le Mans this year shows none of that is true.