Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jun 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3828429)   #46
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
GT Open was best around 2012-13 when GTE and GT3 ran together. I think the series should open up to GTLM cars once more A need for more diversity is needed I think. The best sprint series in GT racing today is ADAC Gt Masters. But I actually would rank GT Open ahead of Blancpain GT Sprint which is in a sorry state right now. And we all know that PWC in North America is just about dead.
I'd also put British GT ahead of Blancpain Sprint right now. The Sprint series is just awful this year.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 01:01 (Ref:3828542)   #47
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'd also put British GT ahead of Blancpain Sprint right now. The Sprint series is just awful this year.
The Sprint Series level is higher than GT Open and British GT. I hope you agree with that.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3828888)   #48
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know what is different in BOP between GT Open and SRO?
Old 13 Jun 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3828959)   #49
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
The Sprint Series level is higher than GT Open and British GT. I hope you agree with that.
It is a higher level...for drivers and teams. As a spectator, it's a significantly lower level. It's not even worth watching this year tbh.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3828972)   #50
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think part of the Blancpain sprint race problem is the tracks they run at.
Zolder, Misano, Brands Hatch ?

IMO they don't offer many overtaking possibilities.

Put drivers of comparable ability in cars of comparable capabilities (all BOP'ed) and lets them race nose-to-tail on a track with limited overtaking possibilities and what do you get?
Not that exciting races, as far as I am concerned.

In the mean time, GTOpen races at Spa, Paul Ricard, Monza and Silverstone. I think those tracks offer better opportunities for race action.

OK, I'm not convinced about Hungaroring (Blancpain Sprint goes there too) or Barcelona, and I have no idea about Estoril.

Furthermore GTOpen works with success seconds instead of BOP. A well-driven successful car is put back, but can still be the fastest and come through the pack or try to get as high up as possible.

I'm not saying everything is perfect but IMO there's a lot more action in the GTOpen races than there is in Blancpain Sprint.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3846867)   #51
LC2guy
Veteran

LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

25 Cars for Silverstone this weekend, with 6 different manufacturers, Lambo, Ferrari, Merc, BMW, Bentley & Audi, so i'll be going. Just hope it's not rained off .....