Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 May 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2884496)   #1
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRDC Touring Greats, Grand Touring Greats and AMOC Intermarque, Mallory 30th May

Next outing for HRDC Touring Greats and Grand Touring Greats is at Mallory Park on Monday 30th May, full grids again I gather.
Sadly I can't make it, but fear not, Louise, filming will be in professional hands this time as it's a Motors TV Live day.

There is also an AMOC Intermarque round ( 2x 10 minutes) to increase the historic contingent in a very mixed BARC list.

Timetable is available here:
http://www.barc.net/images/stories/p...115_MP3005.pdf
Old 24 May 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2884989)   #2
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Andrew but I fail to see how Motors TV coverage can be anywhere near as good as your "production". We were showing my sister the dvd over the weekend and it is simply fab!

Sorry you can't make the event. We plan to share the Aurelia in the 45m Touring Greats race although are slightly concerned that we only get 15 mins practice. After much excellent work by Zef (thank you) and Jason my little Fiat will also be making an unexpected appearence in class D of Touring Greats which has again been amalgamated with the Grand Touring guys. An errant valve guide after Brands meant an engine out but the boys have got us all sorted. Just need to learn how to drive the car...

Who else will be out? Should be a lovely day and we're looking forward to more HRDC fun.
Old 24 May 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2885021)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, Televised.

For information ... last time I was at a Motors TV live broadcast event at Mallory there were all sorts of interesting things going on with car immobilisers and alarms until the broadcast equipment was switched off - at which point everything returned to normal.

There are other 10thers who will confirm that.

Unless things have changed on the broadcast front (and they might have done) if your vehicle alarm goes off or your central locking/ignition refuses to work as expected don't panic - it's likely just the broadcast kit messing with the technology.
Old 24 May 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2885044)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck Louise, Fiat sounds healthy again, a broken valve seat very nearly trashed the whole head so it was a lucky escape in some ways. Unfortuntely I won't be there, but having received 'the racer' this morning it looks like 2 bumper grids so bound to be an action packed day.
Old 24 May 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2885049)   #5
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK View Post
Who else will be out? Should be a lovely day and we're looking forward to more HRDC fun.
Louise

I'll be there in the GT race. I've sneaked the Elite in instead of the WSM as I am also at Donington on Sunday in the Classic K race - busy, busy.

Must try and book a B&B for Sunday night, sleeping in the Jeep is not my idea of fun and would go down particularly badly with the wife.

See you in the paddock.
Old 24 May 2011, 13:46 (Ref:2885194)   #6
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be out as well, in the GT greats.

First try of this series, and hoping the driving standards are 'respectful' - It's a hell of a lot easier to get a Sprite front wing than a Giulietta one, and Mallory does tend to bring out the fender-benders!

Looking forward to it, and the Mallory 'death-by-cholesterol' breakfast!

See you and Jason (and Brian) in the paddock and on-track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK View Post

Old 24 May 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2885366)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
If the Brands spectacle was anything to go by James it was only those with too thicker wax on their cars that lost a bit of shine, nothing more that I'm aware of, good clean family fun.
Old 25 May 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2885581)   #8
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for clarifying the engine issue Joe - I knew it was something valve related. Jason does explain things in depth but I fear it doesn't always register. Anyway, a massive thanks from me.

Brian it will be lovely to see you (and Pat) and of course you as well James. If Brands is anything to go by the race pace was pretty fierce but as a person being lapped in GT, plenty of room was given and Jason had some terrifically close battles in the Aurelia with no issues at all (only fun) although I agree that Mallory is always busy.

Is anyone doing the test sessions on the Sunday? We tend not to do these (don't want to wear the cars out) but some extra time in the Fiat might be good and I haven't driven the Aurelia at Mallory so we might consider this.
Old 25 May 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2885601)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Are we allowed in Sun? . . . we're considering heading up Sun in the camper and staying over as JT kindly sent us some Tickets
Old 25 May 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2885616)   #10
LAK
Racer

Hi Joe - I do hope we're allowed in as we'll be staying in George the truck. As there is a test day (still debating whether to do) however I guess we won't get into the paddock until that's finished unless we can get there at lunch time. Can't wait to see your new camper - do you think the weather will be good enough for a BBQ?
Old 26 May 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2885999)   #11
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list

Hello

Can anyone tell me where I can view the entry list?

As Kevin Turner says in Autosport : "there are no fewer than 10 club race meetings planned for this weekend, providing 15 days-worth of action" + "it will be interesting to see where spectators decide to head for their Bank Holiday fix"....

Please help me to choose Mallory!

Sal : )
Old 26 May 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2886015)   #12
Giraffe138
Racer

Giraffe138 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer View Post
Looking forward to it, and the Mallory 'death-by-cholesterol' breakfast!
Thar she blows! The aforementioned Mallory breakfast pictured on a recent Wednesday morning....

By giraffe138 at 2011-04-25
Old 26 May 2011, 08:17 (Ref:2886025)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
50's saloons has 30 on the list and 32 for the GT's . . . . . I think thats enough to ensure sufficient action.

mmm breakfast
Old 26 May 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2886145)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BARC don't generally produce entry lists, but I know that Tin Tops had 35 cars, I would expect Intermarque to be busy, 2CVs and Caterhams won't disappoint... and the only thing I am not sure about is AMOC Intermarque, but I think that is enough to guarantee a good day at Mallory!
Old 26 May 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2886232)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe138 View Post
Thar she blows! The aforementioned Mallory breakfast pictured on a recent Wednesday morning....

By giraffe138 at 2011-04-25
My cholesterol has just gone off the meter looking at that pic.
Old 26 May 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2886264)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
it is a small portion isn't it, one likes to keep it up to 5
Old 26 May 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2886275)   #17
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry sounds excellent & the breakfast looks superb, see you there then!

Thanks...

Sal ; )
Old 26 May 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2886307)   #18
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I heard full grids
Old 30 May 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2888186)   #19
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
First 45 minute race for the 50s and 60s saloons very entertaining - the damp track a great leveller! Excellent win for Nigel Webb's Jag, picking his way through the traffic whilst fighting off the A40s.....
Old 30 May 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2888240)   #20
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw it on Motors - a good race.
Old 30 May 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2888337)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Who was commentator on Motors?

John Brittan,not exact description given.

Bit of a muddle between Nick and John

Good television
Old 30 May 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2888354)   #22
Riley Blue
Rookie

England
Derbyshire
Riley Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Haven wasn't it? With Charlie Butler-Henderson as race driver pundit. We watched all afternoon on MotorsTV, some great racing in pretty poor conditions.
Old 30 May 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2888362)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
it looked foul weatherwise . . well done to all those who worked through it all, the TV covergare was good.
Old 30 May 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2888373)   #24
kkj
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
kkj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
First 45 minute race for the 50s and 60s saloons very entertaining - the damp track a great leveller! Excellent win for Nigel Webb's Jag, picking his way through the traffic whilst fighting off the A40s.....
Can this be seen anywhere om internet (for us on the continent)
Old 30 May 2011, 23:06 (Ref:2888455)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkj View Post
Can this be seen anywhere om internet (for us on the continent)
Well it was on Motors TV - according to the link in the header above the highlights are on Motors TV International on Friday at 5.20pm - according to what I can see it should be avail;able in Sweden on Canal - if you can get that.....not sure if that helps.....