Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Mar 2008, 08:27 (Ref:2152257)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa Summer Classic

This is an excellent opportunity for a pre-Six Hour Weekend,plenty of choice's of events .Details are available from Vincent on www.roadbook.be.
The 100Mile Cup look's like it will be popular,but then again,theres also a 4 Hr Spa Long Distance Cup as well,this is one for GT and GTS cars,could be a very busy weekend with FJ,Sports Racing,GTP,Touring Car[Top Hat]and Sports 2000.Qualifying starts on 13thJune ,anyone going?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2152380)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Alan and Vincent deserve all the backing with the problems they have had on Liege/Rome etc but does it not clash with Dijon and is getting close to LMC window
Old 15 Mar 2008, 13:37 (Ref:2152455)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm entered in the 20 mins top Hat sprint on the Saturday.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2152515)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I'm entered in the 20 mins top Hat sprint on the Saturday.

Long way to go for 20mins!! It takes longer to get the car out of the trailer.

[Yeah,I know, It's a nice weekend away for you both]
Old 15 Mar 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2152523)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A point that has already been made thank you!

However I'm flying in on the weds morning and because its on a Saturday I can fly back on the Monday thus not losing too many work days. And I still think its better than a 45 mins thrash around the Brands club circuit.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2152550)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Sorry for the hijack but does anyone know what's happening with the Spa Classic 16th May? I thought the roadbook site listed it but it seems to have gone now.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2152606)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Its still on Falcie,Its RMU Classic you need to look at although Vincent or Barry Slippery-Diff can give you full details.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2152609)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
A point that has already been made thank you!

However I'm flying in on the weds morning and because its on a Saturday I can fly back on the Monday thus not losing too many work days. And I still think its better than a 45 mins thrash around the Brands club circuit.

Oh! FLYING IN are we,splendid.Point taken about Brands,must be nice having a wife who's willing to tow a trailer over though.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2152615)   #9
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim, see here.

Oh, I should be there for the Summer Classic.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 16:39 (Ref:2152635)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Thanks for that Eddy.
Terry, we're still waiting on BSS although I faxed and emailed him weeks ago.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2152667)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Oh! FLYING IN are we,splendid.Point taken about Brands,must be nice having a wife who's willing to tow a trailer over though.
Twonk! I use the Grand Cherokee to tow the trailer!

No, I mean I can keep earning this unfeasible amount and still enjoy my racing, by landing in the UK on the Weds then arriving in Francorchamps on the Friday morning (the usual hotel is reserved I understand).
Old 15 Mar 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2152724)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Twonk! I use the Grand Cherokee to tow the trailer!

No, I mean I can keep earning this unfeasible amount and still enjoy my racing, by landing in the UK on the Weds then arriving in Francorchamps on the Friday morning (the usual hotel is reserved I understand).

Twonk? Spell checker buggered again?

Last edited by terence; 15 Mar 2008 at 18:32.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2152725)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Thanks for that Eddy.
Terry, we're still waiting on BSS although I faxed and emailed him weeks ago.

Why do you E-Mail someone who has'nt got a computer.??
He's up at Stoneleigh for the weekend,I'll speak to him on Monday and try to get an answer for you.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2152844)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Sorry, faxed BSS, emailed Brian Playford. Anyway, if I email BSS now I would be the first to get through if he ever does get a computer.
Old 15 Mar 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2152880)   #15
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, faxed BSS, emailed Brian Playford. Anyway, if I email BSS now I would be the first to get through if he ever does get a computer.
if this happens please advise me that would be a major shock
Old 16 Mar 2008, 06:55 (Ref:2153292)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:

By the time he bought one,they'd be out of date!
He's only just bo ught a tape player for the car,the eight track gave up the ghost.

Last edited by terence; 16 Mar 2008 at 06:58.
Old 16 Mar 2008, 09:12 (Ref:2153387)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Back on topic.

The timetable is here: http://www.themastersseries.com/reso...paJune2008.pdf and I've just realised its a one-hour race. When I signed up it was the 20 mins sprint that I mentioned. Phew!
Old 16 Mar 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2153847)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The comment about "Long way to go " was directed at the 20min thing,I thought you were looking elsewhere.What room's do you need Peter,dates etc?
Old 16 Mar 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2154133)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for this post Terrance. We were going to race in the Yokahama cup only to be told sports 2000 were not invited. Looks like we can race after all so i will see you there.
Thanks for this post Terrance
Old 16 Mar 2008, 23:10 (Ref:2154224)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Thanks for this post Terrance. We were going to race in the Yokahama cup only to be told sports 2000 were not invited. Looks like we can race after all so i will see you there.
Thanks for this post Terrance

My pleasure Delta, Possibly not such a hectic weekend as the Six Hour,perhaps we should all meet up.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 03:01 (Ref:2154319)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
The comment about "Long way to go " was directed at the 20min thing,I thought you were looking elsewhere.What room's do you need Peter,dates etc?
I know.

Hotel booked (confirmed on Saturday). Thursday to Saturday.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2154432)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Great! See you there then.[Not forgetting Snet of course]
Old 17 Mar 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2154475)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep, two weeks to the start of my season.

Donington, Spa, Castle Combe and Spa make up the rest of it.
Old 17 Mar 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2154892)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
What date is Donnington?
Old 17 Mar 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2155102)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Great idea to meet up at Spa.Wonder if Eddie is still up for a tour . I am driving the Westminster at Snett in Top Hat . Maybe catch up and meet some of you there.