Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jun 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2220780)   #1
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FG V8 Supercar now on Vmag

Pics and details of the all-new Ford FG Supercar are online at http://www.vmag.com.au

The front end is massively different to the BF - the chiselled Cheekbones of last year's Bathurst winner are long gone.

Check it out there now!
Old 5 Jun 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2220782)   #2
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or right here

Old 5 Jun 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2220846)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ummmm.... jury is still out.... quick, fetch me the Crayolas so I can whip them up a wicked paint job!
Old 5 Jun 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2220882)   #4
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, looks just like a VE from the front and side!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 00:25 (Ref:2220910)   #5
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I have no problem with that, it looks good to me. Performance wise, should there be any advantages over the current model?
Old 6 Jun 2008, 04:57 (Ref:2220990)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
paint jobs pretty **** house i could of whipped up something better, i agree it does look a little like the VE but the front under the headlights looks boring as bat**** maybe just for the unveiling they could of added the black like on the FPV's, sponsership will fillit up normally though, the back i think is abit the same there seems to be no shape to it at the front or back. otherwise nice.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 05:41 (Ref:2221003)   #7
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me it looks good , a fresh face .
Saw a Black G6E yesterday on the SE Freeway Brisbane , I first saw it from side on from about 50 metres and I couldn't pick what car it was until it turned towards me and saw the badge , I think they have done a good job and hope for Ford that they sell well.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2221286)   #8
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it looks... Stunning. This is coming from a Holden fan...

Rather large boot it's got isn't it?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 6 Jun 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2221307)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i got to drive a new FG today (after my post above) and i have to say they are quite nice if i wasn't a Holden man and didn't care for a brand i might go for one.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2221323)   #10
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks good, hope its fast.

technically it should be identical to the current car if the parity formula is working properly. /disclaimer
Old 6 Jun 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2221325)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i got to drive a new FG today (after my post above) and i have to say they are quite nice if i wasn't a Holden man and didn't care for a brand i might go for one.
Exclusive- First photos of Pro Racer's FG Falcon debut!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 6 Jun 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2221350)   #12
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont like it all that much. It'll probably look alot better once its in the full FPR kit with something special done with the paint around the headlights like the current model, or in full Vodafone livery etc. Blue and white is boring though.

Front on, the flares and the area under the headlights dont look right. Side on is worse with those tiny wheels and huge guards. The sooner they move to a full silhouette/control chassis the better. Hopefully then they'll match the radius of the wheel and arch for the race car DTM/Sports Sedan/JGTC style.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2221809)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like the clean look of the front spoiler, but I also agree with your comments about moving to a silhouette/spec chassis formula.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:11 (Ref:2221945)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Exclusive- First photos of Pro Racer's FG Falcon debut!
Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2222004)   #15
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just did a quick MS Paint mock up of how the car would look with the arches matched to the wheels

Even looks good with the small wheels like that now.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2222337)   #16
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many pics from the FG's 1st on track experience

Here and here