Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jan 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3350479)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brno Historic Festival

http://www.themastersseries.com/event-information
Old 30 Jun 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3428683)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe the clash with LMC was one too far, combined with GTSCC being at Brands last weekend and HSCC there weekend after. Poor grids for Masters, entry list on their website for anyone interested. Not sure how many in Lurani FJ but suspect also lower than wished for.

I have no idea what cars would be eligible for the 'local' races, but maybe they could have been promoted in UK as well?
Old 30 Jun 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3428759)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
What a nonsense to have it clash with Le Mans Classic.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 02:21 (Ref:3428826)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

I have no idea what cars would be eligible for the 'local' races, but maybe they could have been promoted in UK as well?
One of yours would probably fit well Mike!

Quite a good, simple to use web site for the event.

http://brnogp.com/?page_id=398&lang=en

Cheap tickets - under £6 to get in.

Click the links on the right for race info, entries and some pics for what one might see in each group ... some look, er, interesting.

The Juniors and HGPCA people seem to have decent numbers.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 05:15 (Ref:3428857)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going . Looking forward to a new challenge . Going to be busy as assisting two cars and driving my lotus 22 FJ . Will report in next week
Old 1 Jul 2014, 06:00 (Ref:3428868)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
What a nonsense to have it clash with Le Mans Classic.
If they want to improve on the grids next year the Czech promoters will have to study the calendar a bit more! Will be interesting to see if Masters repeat the meeting on their 2015 calendar, I was expecting small grids for pre 66 stuff but not F1. I see one LMC Morgan regular has jumped ship, but then he is chasing Masters championships points!
Old 1 Jul 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3428896)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
A few have jumped ship and I have lost my Talbot driver a certain rotund Bristolian.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3428910)   #8
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I'm going . Looking forward to a new challenge . Going to be busy as assisting two cars and driving my lotus 22 FJ . Will report in next week
Hope you're taking a camera - would be nice to see some photos from this one. Have a good trip & race!
Old 1 Jul 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3428914)   #9
Jan Biekens
Rookie

Jan Biekens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
See you Thursday at London Stansted. Hope you speak better Czech then me Iain
Old 1 Jul 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3429128)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
One of yours would probably fit well Mike!

Quite a good, simple to use web site for the event.

http://brnogp.com/?page_id=398&lang=en

Click the links on the right for race info, entries and some pics for what one might see in each group ... some look, er, interesting.

The Juniors and HGPCA people seem to have decent numbers.
Yes, well done (again) HGPCA and Lurani!

Strange to see the name MTX mentioned so many times in one place! Most, if not all looking at the lists, will be single seater formula cars.

I presume the 'interesting' comment was when looking at some of the 'Czechoslovak formulas' entries! Agree, but thinking about it, they are no more 'interesting' than some of our F3 500s from the same decade. Don't forget that these cars were built and raced behind the Iron Curtain, using domestic production car and home produced special parts only. I found it quite fascinating during the short time I spent over there sorting out my MTX, certainly some impressive engineering given the raw materials they had to work with! Really disappointed now that am not making the trip, fingers crossed for next year....

Jan and Iain, I've got a Czech translation App on my phone- text me what you want to know (keep it clean) and I'll see if it still works!

Old 1 Jul 2014, 20:01 (Ref:3429162)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks mike but the old rowley sign language has got me by through most countries . When talking football any language is the same all over the world . Me and Jan will be watching sat night
Old 1 Jul 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3429164)   #12
Alan Cox
Rookie

Alan Cox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All round, a truly dreadful weekend for clashes - as well as the noted gatherings, there is VSCC Shelsley and the small matter of the British GP where, I believe, there is going to be a celebration of the 50th British GP at Silverstone.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3429542)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I think in fairness to the event that it is fundamentally a Czech meeting, so clashing with British GP and LMC probably wasn't a prime consideration during the planning. I maybe wrong, but that is how I read it. If it a success with the invited grids from outside The Republic, maybe next year they take more note of the European race calendar when deciding a date. Obviously no LMC next year, so that will make it a bit easier for them! I'm sure Masters, HGPCA and Lurani will be making the point about clashes.....

Weather set for scorchio, so hope you intrepid adventurers have packed the sun cream!

Old 3 Jul 2014, 11:40 (Ref:3429888)   #14
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

I presume the 'interesting' comment was when looking at some of the 'Czechoslovak formulas' entries! Agree, but thinking about it, they are no more 'interesting' than some of our F3 500s from the same decade. Don't forget that these cars were built and raced behind the Iron Curtain, using domestic production car and home produced special parts only. I found it quite fascinating during the short time I spent over there sorting out my MTX, certainly some impressive engineering given the raw materials they had to work with! Really disappointed now that am not making the trip, fingers crossed for next year....
True Mike but if the gallery represents the likely "on track at the same time" mix then it could be very interesting I would have thought. Of course there is the possibility that all the engineering is very similar and only the covering bodywork looks different. And maybe the tyres ..

Whatever it should be fun and a fascinating mix of events and cars in the paddock.

There is a Google Translate App that seems to be highly functional and includes 2 way speech synthesis. Not sure if it is available for iPhones but Apple probably have something.

The thing to remember is that you should NEVER consider handing your phone to the helpful young man wearing trainers who wishes to type his answer into your phone so you can hear the result in English ...

Of course one has to hope that the translation the app produces is in fact somewhat accurate and does not insult the other party's family, intelligence or, in some cases, pet donkey. No doubt one can trust Google to get things right every time.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3429990)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
So far so good . Great place and everyone very friendly . Can't wait to get out on track tomorrow . I will take done photos and post when I get.back
Old 4 Jul 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3430357)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
From the texts received from our man at the front, all is going well at Brno. At the moment sounds as if all the race cars are in the town centre surrounded by thousands of people, having been driven the 10 miles from the circuit! Saves getting a taxi to the hotel, I guess?

From Iain's comments, the track is great, there are some lovely cars, the location is great and the people are even better. Guess he is rubbing it in as, I am sitting at home....

Rumours are that he will be joining the orange army tomorrow evening as Jan's national team are still in some footy competition somewhere!

Old 5 Jul 2014, 04:06 (Ref:3430445)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dobri dehn Iain, have fun and keep it safe.
Old 5 Jul 2014, 13:39 (Ref:3430570)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I think he was almost too excited to text, but P6 in race 1 for Delta, despite concerns after qualifying with engine oil surge. Must have been the tape subsequently stuck over the gauge that sorted that....

Nice one, boss! Go well tomorrow.....
Old 6 Jul 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3431042)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Not so good today . Lost sight of the leaders after a couple of laps but had a great 4/5 car battle for 8 th place . Very tough and very hot but I came out on top . So p8 today but p6 overall. I could feel the center thrust bearing getting worn for some reason the clutch was getting longer as the crank was moving . Lost fair.bIt of power as well . I have taken lots of pics for all the anaracks out there . Some am amaising cars . Lots of skoda engine machines and they even race fiat 126 cars . If you ever get the chance to go then please do . This has been one of the best weekends racing and fun I have ever had
Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3431484)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	181.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	422.2 KB
ID:	42902
1949 Skoda 1101 sport.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3431485)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
attach]42903[/attach].
Skoda 1958 Never knew a Skoda could be so lovely
Attached Thumbnails
183.jpg  
Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3431488)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	184.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	42904.Skoda F3 car.1965
Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3431491)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
attach]42905[/attach] Drak F3 cars.
Attached Thumbnails
189.jpg  
Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3431495)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
attach]42906[/attach Not a clue what this is but sure was eye catching
Attached Thumbnails
190.jpg  
Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3431496)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	196.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	500.6 KB
ID:	42907