Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Jun 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1640308)   #51
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a shame. I quite like Bright in the CAT car. Here's hoping we get Briscoe (if he again is screwed overseas )
Old 24 Jun 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1640569)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
To get the said GM into a Ford would require the whole Tasman operation inc. Sir Ron to change their philosphies and ideas and, in some cases, businesses.......although one shareholder races a Mazda, which is close to Ford...but....!
Would Ford really throw $5m at the wall to get another driver's team up and running in Fords?

The switch from Holden to Ford isnt that hard these days, engines are the biggest cost of a changeover, especially if they both have new models coming!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Jun 2006, 01:53 (Ref:1640602)   #53
pink_bits
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
pink_bits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklehorse
If bright gets the money he will pinch winterbottom.
He will not!!!!!!!
Old 25 Jun 2006, 02:01 (Ref:1640604)   #54
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Ha
That's a shame. I quite like Bright in the CAT car. Here's hoping we get Briscoe (if he again is screwed overseas )

Could not agree with you anymore Thanh Ha, As a FPR fan I just cannot understand how they cannot keep driver's for more than two years, their cars are goging well at the moment, with both Frosty & Bright diving well. It is just a pity for FPR fans.IMO.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 25 Jun 2006, 02:52 (Ref:1640609)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_bits
He will not!!!!!!!
Trying to pinch and being successful in pinching are 2 different outcomes entirely...
Old 25 Jun 2006, 03:06 (Ref:1640616)   #56
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Would Ford really throw $5m at the wall to get another driver's team up and running in Fords?

The switch from Holden to Ford isnt that hard these days, engines are the biggest cost of a changeover, especially if they both have new models coming!
Don't go contradicting yourself now aye Why would Murf drive at FPR unless it is to benefit Tasman?
Old 25 Jun 2006, 05:04 (Ref:1640644)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Why would Murf drive at FPR unless it is to benefit Tasman?
A shot at the title? Isnt that the reason Mr Murphy gives every time he changes something??
Old 25 Jun 2006, 05:30 (Ref:1640647)   #58
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Could not agree with you anymore Thanh Ha, As a FPR fan I just cannot understand how they cannot keep driver's for more than two years, their cars are goging well at the moment, with both Frosty & Bright diving well. It is just a pity for FPR fans.IMO.
There was an upper management problem with Lowndes and Seton.......looking through rose coloured glasses has this happened again with Bright.

I saw an interview with Bright somewhere a while back where he said he is in motor sport for life...that's going to be his job.

Either driving or as a team owner.

So thats the reason for Britek.

You would assume (insert cliche here) he is moving to his own team.

btw I don't know the answer.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 25 Jun 2006, 06:18 (Ref:1640659)   #59
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bright may well run his own team, and employ 2 drivers.

He may drive overseas for Prodrive, and come home and race V8's for the enduros at Britek.

Sound like a plan ?
Old 25 Jun 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1640694)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Bright may well run his own team, and employ 2 drivers.

He may drive overseas for Prodrive, and come home and race V8's for the enduros at Britek.

Sound like a plan ?
Bill Woods confirmed on RPM that Mr Bright shall drive for Britek in 2007, however there has been no press release from the Britek equipe to confirm this.

Presumably all the ducks are already in a row regarding sponsorship for the Britek operation. However I would doubt the FPR 'technical partnership' that has broken surface this season shall continue...
Old 25 Jun 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1640720)   #61
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why does everyone say a driver by the initials of... or adriver with a big pesonality just say the guy's name.

i have heardthat fpr are hunting todd kelly contract or not as the believe they can offer him more than sbr did weather todd likes it or not or wants to go to ford is another thing if he does apparentlly skaife and walkinshaw think murph is a good replacement as he has shown what he can do with the hms equipment murph.

another one hunted by fpr is steve johnson.

steve richards name is on the table.

and one of the overseas drivers is david brabham.

heres one markwebber after being snubed by renault decides to come back home and race for fpr.now that would be funny.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1640724)   #62
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RPM said that Jason Bright will race for Britek.

They did not say whether it would be a full time or part time drive.

It is more likely that Jason Bright will race Aston Martins and come home to race enduros.

Steve Johnson will stay with dad, and David Brabham may come home, but that is unlikely.

Depending on how he goes with enduros, Steve Ellery might be at FPR next year.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1640759)   #63
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The driver for FPR in 2007 will be overseas born and bred.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1640862)   #64
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
more info needed Pete
Old 25 Jun 2006, 23:40 (Ref:1641202)   #65
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete...if this could be Yvan Muller or Jason Plato I would be over the moon.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 Jun 2006, 01:14 (Ref:1641241)   #66
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
***link***

Quote:
Bright future with Britek Supercar team

Quote:
BATHURST winner Jason Bright has parked his overseas dreams to drive a home-grown reality in V8 Supercar racing in 2007.
Quote:
He has turned his back on a potential Aston Martin sports car drive brokered by Ford Performance Racing and will leave the Ford factory squad to lead his own Britek team next year.
Bright made his decision at the end of last week in a surprising move which will take him from a $1 million salary and a race-winning Falcon to the tail end of the V8 Supercar pit lane and a team which is struggling to establish itself.

But he says it is what he wants and he is committing the rest of his V8 Supercar career to Britek.
Quote:
"I was not sacked. It was a tough decision but this is what I need to move my team forward."

Bright originally dreamed of driving in Formula One and raced Formula Ford 2000 and Indy Lights in the US before becoming a full-time V8 Supercar contender
Quote:
"The thing that everyone needs to keep in mind is that this is not a one-year thing. I'm moving there for the rest of my career," Bright said.

Old 26 Jun 2006, 01:30 (Ref:1641244)   #67
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does he get to take this years toy with him?

Good on him for trying but I have the suspicion he should have spent some time talking to Mr. Seton and Mr. Jones before committing. No matter what you say, Bright has always been willing to take risks.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 01:52 (Ref:1641249)   #68
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Brighty is looking long term at what he will be doing when his driving days are over and being a team owner appeals to him. Some of the older team owners will probably be retiring and he will hope to fill the void.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1641340)   #69
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know the ownership breakdown at Britek? is it 100% Jason Bright owned, or is brighty a frontman in the Team Brock / PWR style?
Old 26 Jun 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1641350)   #70
pete55
Veteran

My informant hasn't told me who it is as his lips are sealed but he is sure that the driver is European. He may have had some sucess in Sports Cars if i am on the right wave length.

Last edited by pete55; 26 Jun 2006 at 09:03.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1641415)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
I think Brighty is looking long term at what he will be doing when his driving days are over and being a team owner appeals to him. Some of the older team owners will probably be retiring and he will hope to fill the void.
Whispers from the powder room suggest that a one time Britek driver now enjoying the relative comfort of a PMM-built Commodore shall return to the Britek squad in 2007 to drive along side Mr Bright in a 2 car equipe.

The powder room also suggested that Britek is building up its infrastructure to manufacture its own chassis in the new 'Orion' world... such that the existing BA's would be the staple until the switch occurs....

Presumably these negotiations actually happened
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1641439)   #72
pete55
Veteran

I think he would fit in well there too GTR.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1641443)   #73
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
steve richards name is on the table.
Would consider it unlikely that Richo would be interested, considering he has been burnt twice by Ford. Firstly when he had his contracted Gibson Motorsport drive pulled from under him by the Gibson/Lowndes/Ford deal and then again at the end of 2001 when Ford pulled the plug on Tickford Racing.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1641463)   #74
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Whispers from the powder room suggest that a one time Britek driver now enjoying the relative comfort of a PMM-built Commodore shall return to the Britek squad in 2007 to drive along side Mr Bright in a 2 car equipe.

The powder room also suggested that Britek is building up its infrastructure to manufacture its own chassis in the new 'Orion' world... such that the existing BA's would be the staple until the switch occurs....

Presumably these negotiations actually happened
But this would be at the expense of a current driver who brings considerable wedge to the table through his connections with the major sponsor...would this be acceptable to all parties?
Old 26 Jun 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1641467)   #75
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If CAT take up the slack it would be.