Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Nov 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1773041)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
London Motorsports Show

An expansion of the highly successful London Karting show is coming up in a couple of weeks - I've got to go for my dissertation (The sacrifices I have to make for my degree ), so should be there on the Sunday - looks like it should be fun.

Anyone else?
Old 23 Nov 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1773204)   #2
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me and the rest of Retromotorsport are going on the Saturday. I will be the hung over looking one, as its my works Xmas P@@@ up the night before
Old 23 Nov 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1773470)   #3
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a few DT&R chaps and chapesses will be there on Saturday by all accounts.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1773481)   #4
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will be there both days on the Ready2Race stand. Come visit!
Old 23 Nov 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1773484)   #5
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Quite a few DT&R chaps and chapesses will be there on Saturday by all accounts.
Meet you all in the bar around 1ish then
Old 25 Nov 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1774756)   #6
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there both days on the British Motorsports Marshals Club stand with other club members, all come and say hello. If anyone is interested in marshalling or what we do come and find out.
Richard.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1775226)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well seeing as its in London and having just spent 3 hours stuck on the motorway attempting to go to the CTCRC agm in the Midlands (did'nt make it) I will probably go, about time shows etc were held back in London instead of that awful NEC place.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1775234)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
You didn't try the M1 did you? It has been closed.
BTW, it could take you just as long to get to Excel from where you are.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1775276)   #9
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be on the 2007 RALLYCROSS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP stand both days .
Please come along and say hello and grab some info on our new class regs .
Old 26 Nov 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1775289)   #10
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Excel show has a lot of potential for people based in the south east. I agree with Al about the NEC.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1775383)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
You didn't try the M1 did you? It has been closed.
BTW, it could take you just as long to get to Excel from where you are.
M1 closed as well it was horrendous out there this morning! The meeting was just off junction 12 of the M40 so I thought I would nip on the M25 at Watford and pick up the M40, big mistake they clossed it just after I got on it and I was stuck there for nearly 3 hours so missed the AGM, sort of sums up my season. Oh and it will be easy peasy to get to the London one because I will simply walk down to Bushey station and go by train.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1775684)   #12
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be at Excell with the Good lady; Also Know PacerRacer, Grichie87 and Mr Newton will be there; so see you all there!
Old 27 Nov 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1775736)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I will be there on the Marshals Club stand (88) so as Richard has already said, drop by and sey hello.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1775957)   #14
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
I will be there on the Marshals Club stand (88) so as Richard has already said, drop by and sey hello.
Shouldn't you be at the AGM - being a National Officer?
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1775959)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed I should but the date for the AGM was announced after we had committed to the show. I have to say that recruiting new marshals is probably more important at the moment, and I will be submitting a written report in my absense
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1775962)   #16
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed I should but the date for the AGM was announced after we had committed to the show. I have to say that recruiting new marshals is probably more important at the moment, and I will be submitting a written report in my absense
So, we shall still not meet!
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1775963)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Autosport International in January Mark?
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1775964)   #18
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Autosport International in January Mark?
Nope!
Old 27 Nov 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1775965)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Old 3 Dec 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1780909)   #20
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself and the UDB will be there on the sunday,look
forward to see you all,should be fun.
BB....
Old 6 Dec 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1783096)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will be there on Sat...
Old 6 Dec 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1783113)   #22
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a complimetary ticket I can not use. So if anybody wants it PM your address and I will post it to you.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1786950)   #23
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
What did people think then?
Still very much the London Kart show IMHO, just with a bit added on. Some nice things were added on, but there didn't seem to be that much extra. It's a foundation to build up, but I'd probably have been disappointed if I'd not have got a complimentary ticket.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1786956)   #24
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just got home as went today. Thought the actual karting bit itself was not too good - personally wouldn't pay "show rates" to go karting anyway but for the space they had available, they used less than half of it for the track!

Didn't really look at the karting stuff as little interest there for me, but was better than ASI IMO simply because it was a little more club based - and though I'd heard it was small before going, in some ways it was nice as didn't take so long to walk around! Just like AS though, was nice to catch up with various people and see familiar faces. Asp, think you hit the nail on the head saying it's the kart show with bits added on. I think it needs to establish itself though, and that will take some time.

From an exhibiting point of view, I know a couple of people who were very pleased. Funny looking at the price of karts, then some of the other series on offer, many of which cheaper - eg BARC Tin Tops and Formula Vee. Looks like it already has made some people convert over.

As an aside, I would liked to have seen more DTRC on the BARC SE stand - simply because to me that's one of their bigger series and one I enjoy the most. However, when I wondered over there was no-one on the stand so not to say no-one would have talked about it once wondered over!

750MC stand was good too and nice to see the Radical LMP2 too.

Last edited by Suze; 10 Dec 2006 at 18:18.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1786961)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I quite enjoyed the rear view of the two young ladies on the big stand in the centre aisle near the entrance, can't for the life of me remember what they were selling though.