Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jul 2007, 11:53 (Ref:1954127)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR666
Just been on NZ Tv3 news that hes having talks with the likes of Toll for the enduros
More than talks... MN confirms the deal is done....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Jul 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1954341)   #52
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss
Radisich talked (in some motorsport mag) about overseas drives in different categories he's always wanted to do, and drive V8 enduros.

It not and remains in V8s , maybe BJR or Britek in 2008

Hope he goes for his wish and drives other categories he's always wanted.
In the BTCC there are openings if he wanted to go back. SEAT have entered a third car which doesn't have a driver and Vauxhall have a spare Vectra (Tom Chilton got a new car after Croft for some reason, he didn't crash it). After all, Ford have kinda ****ed him off re the non supply, maybe he will go back to GM but this time in the UK?
Old 5 Jul 2007, 01:29 (Ref:1954765)   #53
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see him racing overseas full time again to be honest......... moving the whole family over to England at this stage of his career would be a big decision.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 02:51 (Ref:1954783)   #54
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can't see him racing full-time over there either but in eNews a few weeks back he did say a few races he wanted to compete in, so maybe a few one offs like Le Mans etc.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 07:38 (Ref:1954893)   #55
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
if WP get to suply cars etc or buy PWR i will be extremly mad.
Why's that? I thought you weren't [a] PWR fan anymore...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 5 Jul 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1955214)   #56
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i'm not but it is bad enough having a four car superteam dominating, it would be bloody big farse if we went back to a 6 car superteam and have them winning all the time.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 06:20 (Ref:1956683)   #57
HRT16
Rookie

HRT16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
There is a TVC currently running in NZ showing Murph pulling into the pits in this Tasman Car (Shadow Car)...
Has anyone noticed that the car is a VY Commodore and it takes the "pit crew" 4 hours to work on the car?
Old 7 Jul 2007, 07:22 (Ref:1956696)   #58
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the car is a VY Commodore and it takes the "pit crew
Who the hell looks at the car ? ...and how do they get out of that latex ?....

On Topic :The Rats still on a promise for an F1 test that never happened.....Benetton I think it was.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 06:24 (Ref:1957293)   #59
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
test was supposed to be with mclaren
Old 8 Jul 2007, 09:20 (Ref:1957379)   #60
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Nah,it was when he won the BTCC last century,it was with a Ford powered team,and Maccas havent had a Ford donkey for some years.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 09:22 (Ref:1957382)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Nah,it was when he won the BTCC last century,it was with a Ford powered team,and Maccas havent had a Ford donkey for some years.
Isnt Mr Radisich the 1993 & 1994 World Touring Car Champion?

McLaren ran a Ford-engined car in 1993...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Jul 2007, 09:33 (Ref:1957397)   #62
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great post GTR - yes .......
Paul Radisich was The World Touring Car Champion for 1993 & 1994
Do any OZERS get a world rating in touring cars around this time ?
Old 9 Jul 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1958432)   #63
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead
test was supposed to be with mclaren
It was Benetton....and straight from the horse's (Rat's) mouth when I was quite a bit closer to being a pup. He was running a Telstar at Manfeild on that glorious summer day. Talked to him for ages, and he was flippantly open with a keen young fella....as was Bairdo and Brett Riley on the same day.

Julian Bailey may have been running a Toyota that year.

It was quite a period in NZ motorsport and I remember it with clarity
Old 9 Jul 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1958443)   #64
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
It was Benetton
I know I 'm old,but I've still got some marbles left..

McLaren could be an option for the Rat,I'm sure that Hamilton guy's just a flash in the pan.........
Old 9 Jul 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1958503)   #65
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
maybe he is a shot for the McLaren B-team Prodrive .
Old 9 Jul 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1958550)   #66
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone who thinks that Paul Radisich can debut in F1 at his age - particularly after the Bathurst crash - either has rocks in their head, is trying to bolster theie post count, or both.

Rat is too old for F1, no doubt there!
Old 9 Jul 2007, 19:29 (Ref:1958974)   #67
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Rat is too old for F1, no doubt there!
Fangio was 47 when he won his last WDC,so theres still time for the Rat to have a crack at F1,it cant be to hard either,that Hamilton guy wins every weekend with little experience,so some one with the Rats experience should blitz them

Bolsters post count by 1 and adds another rock to head...
Old 10 Jul 2007, 00:01 (Ref:1959182)   #68
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
of coarse The Rat is to old for F1 but i would certainly like to see him do the selected sports car events he has wanted to do and then see him return for the enduro's.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 02:36 (Ref:1959228)   #69
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
of coarse The Rat is to old for F1 but i would certainly like to see him do the selected sports car events he has wanted to do and then see him return for the enduro's.
Two posts ago, you were linking Rattie to Prodrive. Make up your mind!

*shakes his head in frustration as he buys Armco Bender a beer for such a great parting one-liner ( )*
Old 10 Jul 2007, 03:08 (Ref:1959233)   #70
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
that was a joke (note the rotating smiley) as he was supposed to test for McLaren back when, so i posted the above post about the B-team as it was a joke that he could now go there to the B-team years on from the supposed test.

my mind is made up he is to old to make his way to F1 now but the supsed sports car events are certainly within his reach.

no rocks in my head, it's all brains...................wakes up out of dream .
Old 10 Jul 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1959761)   #71
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Right. That's it. Ignored...

Back on topic... I get the feeling that unless Radisich finds another drive in the V8 Supercars he may have a very empty calendar in 2008...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 10 Jul 2007, 16:35 (Ref:1959843)   #72
EnZeder
Rookie

New Zealand
Los Angeles
EnZeder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul will land on his feet in 2008. He may not be in V8's, but he will do as much driving as he wants to. With a number of other interests outside of racing these days, maybe his full time driving career is at, or coming to an end, as it should be by now after 30 plus years in professional motorsport. At his stage of his career he does not need to be plugging around fighting it out for 15th place, when he can do less driving for a top team, with a whole lot less aggrivation.

As we have seen recently he is still in demand, being snapped up by one of the best teams out there in V8's for the enduros, and quite honestly when you have driven as many cars in as many different series as he has over the years, and you are still able to be competitive, there are seats available in all sorts of categories around the world.

The question of where he lives is completely irrelevant these days. Plenty of drivers live in different places to where they race, and you see various drivers appearing in different cars in different countries more and more, just look at someone like Tomas Enge, a seasoned veteran these days, he's in Europe one day in a Sports car, then in the US the nest day in another Sports car, then in an A1 Gp car in who knows where. Drivers these days can be citizens of the world, not of a particular country anymore.

Rest assured he will be doing something in 2008. It may not be what anyone is expecting (I'm sure even he right now does not know what he is doing), but it will be what he wants to do, and he will do as much as he wants to. You could liken his approach to that of Mark Martin in NASCAR at the moment, he still has the fire, but wants to mix things up a little in the twilight years of his career.

About his F1 test opportunity, Paul was to have a test drive organised by Ford, with McLaren (when they were Ford powered) and then with Benetton, however with all the demands of the BTCC in those days, and the very strong F1 testing restrictions (remember we are talkign about the era where Michael Andretti failed at F1, mainly due to a lack of testing time) the schedules to get a test in just never lined up, so it never happened. Unfortunate, but one of those things. For things like that to happen everything has to line up, and you have to be in the right place at the right time, and it just wasn't to be in Paul's case.

Last edited by EnZeder; 10 Jul 2007 at 16:41.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1973937)   #73
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
‘The Rat is back’

welcome home
Old 26 Jul 2007, 21:37 (Ref:1974395)   #74
Just Do It!
Veteran

Wow, and in a Ford!!

Where does this leave Besnard and Pete Roberts??

And is Simon Cressey's Birkdale Timber the sponsor or is James driving alongside Rattie??
Old 26 Jul 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1974398)   #75
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
pete roberts isnt with tracer anymore. he's sticking with the "taupo drinking club"
and besnard hadnt confirmed anything, his deal was for one year only