Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Oct 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1138052)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2005 British GT Schedule

The provisional calander for next years British GT Championship has been confirmed and it looks something like this:-

April 2/3rd Donington Park
April 30/May 1st Magny-Cours - GT2 only
May (T.B.A) Croft - GT3 only
May 21/22nd Knockhill
June 11/12th Thruxton
June 25/26th Castle Combe
August 13/14th Silverstone GP Circuit
September 17/18th Mondello Park
October 8/9th Silverstone International

The Magny-Cours round will be part of the FIA GT Race and the race on the Silverstone GP Circuit will support the LMES as this year.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1138073)   #2
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to be pedantic, the calendar is still provisional, some dates could still change.

But what I don't like is that Thruxton and Combe are either side of Le Mans. Not funny if you are either a driver in both or running a car in both, or want to be at both. You could be at LM/Thruxton/LM/Combe on consecutive weekends not good for the pocket either!

Its a guess that the Croft round could be on the 15th May as then the teams are halfway to Knockhill. The downer is that the 15th is the same weekend as the FIAGT race at Silverstone. None of the Cup (sorry GT3) carsw would be at Silverstone, but agin a big GT clash in the UK.

Last edited by jase; 27 Oct 2004 at 18:53.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 18:53 (Ref:1138078)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tell me about Jason, as I have just said in the Single Seater forum I would love to do Thruxton and Castle Combe, but I really can't afford to with them being either side of Le Mans.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 22:46 (Ref:1138337)   #4
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BGT is dire IMHO.

Come on guys, let's face it, would you go an watch an International Gt race of similar regs??

i.e. No 550, 575, S7R, Storm, Viper Gts-R????

Clearly,the missus does not understand the scope of unfinished jobs at home!
Old 27 Oct 2004, 23:15 (Ref:1138352)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by simon c
BGT is dire IMHO.

Come on guys, let's face it, would you go an watch an International Gt race of similar regs??

i.e. No 550, 575, S7R, Storm, Viper Gts-R????

The cars are part of it but the way they are raced is a bigger part still

We have had some unbelievably good racing in Brit GTs in 2004 - Easily right up there with the best I've seen this season (which included FIA GT, LMES, LM and ALMS.

Dire it most certainly is not
Old 27 Oct 2004, 23:27 (Ref:1138360)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree Graham, the racing in the British GT championship has been fantastic since the demise of the GT class in 2002, the series IMO of course could be potentially better with GT entrants, but not if we only had 2 or 3 GT class cars turning up.

BTW, Graham, any news on whether FIA GT's will adopt the GT3 class in FIA GT for 2005? I remember a couple of months back Ratel apparntly suggested it as a idea, according to AUTOSPORT magazine. Have u heard anything since?
Old 28 Oct 2004, 06:36 (Ref:1138537)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
My guess would be that this will be entirely dependent on grid levels - ie if they are shakey we might see signs of it

One indication that we won't is that the Magny Cours race looks like being open to the Brit GT N-GT runners but the Cup (GT3) guys will run separately elsewhere (Croft)

I think its a "hedge our bets" sort of plan!
Old 28 Oct 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1138581)   #8
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the BGT support package for 2005?
Old 28 Oct 2004, 07:34 (Ref:1138582)   #9
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any hope of salvaging Oulton & Brands?
Old 28 Oct 2004, 07:50 (Ref:1138591)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The key word here is "provisional". As for the support package the British F3's and British Formula Ford's will be running alongside the BGT, as for the rest not sure.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 11:01 (Ref:1138734)   #11
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what stefan ratel said in the motorsport press last week no agreement had been made with johnathon palmer so brands and oulton will left off the calender,castle combe has always followed le-mans several of the teams going straight to combe still covered in the fly splats,morgan and tvr being just two who did
Old 28 Oct 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1138737)   #12
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jasongore

But what I don't like is that Thruxton and Combe are either side of Le Mans. Not funny if you are either a driver in both or running a car in both, or want to be at both. You could be at LM/Thruxton/LM/Combe on consecutive weekends not good for the pocket either!
Worse than that for a driver - they would have to be back in Le Mans for scrutineering etc. on the Monday after the Thruxton weekend!

I know where I shall be.........
Old 28 Oct 2004, 12:09 (Ref:1138781)   #13
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
And with far fewer Portsmouth ferries the run to LM is going to be more knackering than before for many too
Old 28 Oct 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1138807)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
My guess would be that this will be entirely dependent on grid levels - ie if they are shakey we might see signs of it

One indication that we won't is that the Magny Cours race looks like being open to the Brit GT N-GT runners but the Cup (GT3) guys will run separately elsewhere (Croft)

I think its a "hedge our bets" sort of plan!
Thanks for the information Graham. In some ways Id like to see the GT3 class in the FIA GT's, as it would add some variety. 3 classes are better than 2, in the LMES/ALMS however Im not sure thered be room for the GT3 class as well as the regular grids, I dunno why but Ive always had a soft spot for the GT3 class machinery, they always seem there, but left out a bit if u know what I mean lol.

Dont worry I wont hijack the thread further Rob.