Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Nov 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4083897)   #26
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Giovanazzi came, he farted, and he left. He's been in F1 a long time, but apart from crashing a lot in his early races and having nice hair, I cant remember any standout performances. I think that even if you have a terrible car, your chance to make a name for yourself will still come along at some point, maybe a wet race, or a gutsy overtake, or by making a different strategy work, or by dominating your teammate.
(Maybe that says more about my own memoy?).
Old 16 Nov 2021, 23:14 (Ref:4083909)   #27
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
It's an underwhelming addition for me. But at least he's guaranteed rookie of the year!

Illot or De Vries based on talent would have been nice. Piastri obviously tied up with Alpine.

Zhou may just be a placeholder for Pourchaire anyway.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4083957)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Antonio has probably looked the most convincing this year, so it is a bit of a shame for him. But he hardly makes you stand up and take notice either, so maybe it is time for a change
Old 17 Nov 2021, 11:35 (Ref:4083967)   #29
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to admit that Gio added nothing to F1 apart from the Italian flag on the driver list.
Will Zhou add anything more than just having the Chinese flag on that same list? He's showed he has talent, though Facebook and Twitter have already written him off (of course).

Nothing against Piastri, but part of me would like Zhou to beat him to the F2 title this year, if only to keep the 'he's only there because of money' idiots a little quieter.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4083970)   #30
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Antonio has probably looked the most convincing this year, so it is a bit of a shame for him. But he hardly makes you stand up and take notice either, so maybe it is time for a change
Funny how drivers seem to up their game when unemployment beckons....
Old 17 Nov 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4083974)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Antonio had some good races this year, most notably at Monaco when he came home 10th. I think it’s more he’s finally got to grips with F1, but probably has hit his peak at the same time
Old 17 Nov 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4084133)   #32
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don't mean to be contrarian but I actually think he has regressed this year. He has done a couple of decent qualifying performances but he always gets involved in incidents or falls back during the race.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 22:55 (Ref:4084134)   #33
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I have to admit that Gio added nothing to F1 apart from the Italian flag on the driver list.
Will Zhou add anything more than just having the Chinese flag on that same list? He's showed he has talent, though Facebook and Twitter have already written him off (of course).

Nothing against Piastri, but part of me would like Zhou to beat him to the F2 title this year, if only to keep the 'he's only there because of money' idiots a little quieter.
Nothing Zhou has done has made me stand up and notice, he's okay in F2, not terrible but one of about seven guys about the same level. More than happy to be proven wrong though by F1 performances.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:59 (Ref:4087940)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tribute messages on the Alfas this weekend.

Old 9 Dec 2021, 14:11 (Ref:4087943)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hahaha wonderful!
Old 9 Dec 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4087947)   #36
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I particularly like the Kimi message.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4087948)   #37
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I particularly like the Kimi message.
That is great, I would buy that on a shirt, even at F1 prices
Old 10 Dec 2021, 10:54 (Ref:4088107)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

Those are brilliant messages. F1 will be a duller place without Kimi
Old 27 Aug 2022, 07:08 (Ref:4123846)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
In answer to the thread title - I guess they have one more season after this to improve on their 8th place in the WCC.

This year might be their best based on current standings.
Old 27 Aug 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4123853)   #40
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
change title to "Audi F1"?
Old 27 Aug 2022, 09:21 (Ref:4123858)   #41
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
change title to "Audi F1"?

Is it not a little early for a full title change maybe something like

Alfa Romeo: is there best ever season coming as Audi?
Old 27 Aug 2022, 10:10 (Ref:4123861)   #42
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Sauber, constant tryers. Nearly 30 years under different names and manufacturer badges. Only 1 gp win in all that time, but they never give up
Old 31 Aug 2022, 05:08 (Ref:4124366)   #43
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Sauber, constant tryers. Nearly 30 years under different names and manufacturer badges. Only 1 gp win in all that time, but they never give up
Why did Mercedes leave them for McLaren in the first place?

Old 31 Aug 2022, 07:39 (Ref:4124367)   #44
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Why did Mercedes leave them for McLaren in the first place?

"Mercedes was dissatisfied with the progress and left the team at the end of the year, enticed by an offer from the McLaren team which was still looking for a new works deal since Honda withdrew from the sport and an also-disappointing partnership with Peugeot (whose engines went to Jordan)."
Old 31 Aug 2022, 22:18 (Ref:4124431)   #45
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
"Mercedes was dissatisfied with the progress and left the team at the end of the year, enticed by an offer from the McLaren team which was still looking for a new works deal since Honda withdrew from the sport and an also-disappointing partnership with Peugeot (whose engines went to Jordan)."
Why the need to quote out of interest?
Old 1 Sep 2022, 08:32 (Ref:4124449)   #46
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Why the need to quote out of interest?
It was in response to the question 'Why did Mercedes leave [Sauber] for McLaren in the first place?'
Old 1 Sep 2022, 15:48 (Ref:4124477)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Honda withdrew from the sport
agreed, doesnt need to be quoted as thats apparently their official F1 motto!
Old 2 Sep 2022, 08:50 (Ref:4124539)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

Manufacturers will always pick and choose when to be in F1. Only when it suits them to do they enter
Old 26 Oct 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4131556)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sauber will cease being Alfa Romeo in 2026 and will go back to being Sauber, as Audi's works team.

https://racer.com/2022/10/26/audi-co...-team-in-2026/
Old 26 Oct 2022, 21:31 (Ref:4131580)   #50
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sauber will cease being Alfa Romeo in 2026 and will go back to being Sauber, as Audi's works team.

https://racer.com/2022/10/26/audi-co...-team-in-2026/
But Sauber will cease being Alfa Romeo at the end of 2023 .....Alfa Romeo have already confirmed they will end their title sponsorship of Sauber when their current arrangement expires at the close of the 2023 season....
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...01%20campaign.

....so what do the team formerly known as Sauber run as for 2024 and 2025 before becoming Audi in 2026?