Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Oct 2023, 12:48 (Ref:4179780)   #251
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes I'm sure Pierson will probably keep his seat until he's ready. As for Sato, I think he's ready to move up to gold
Old 5 Oct 2023, 19:31 (Ref:4179856)   #252
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And now, with Aston Martin joining the Hypercar fray, let's start that driver lineup going. They said it themselves, that neither Stroll or Alonso will be involved in this.

Since this is the same team but in different championships (WEC, IMSA), which drivers would fit in each car?

Time for prognostication, and some CV's...
Old 6 Oct 2023, 02:33 (Ref:4179900)   #253
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think this might suit Vettel down to the ground!

I could imagine him, Ross Gunn, Charlie Eastwood and a couple of experienced endurance guys or gals being selected?

However Gunn may be expected to continue with the GT3 programme now that Aston have confirmed the new car.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4179996)   #254
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I think this might suit Vettel down to the ground!

I could imagine him, Ross Gunn, Charlie Eastwood and a couple of experienced endurance guys or gals being selected?

However Gunn may be expected to continue with the GT3 programme now that Aston have confirmed the new car.
Do we know who the development driver(s) was/were on the road going Valkyrie over the past few years? If it was an Aston GT driver I would think they have a good shot.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4180008)   #255
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Do we know who the development driver(s) was/were on the road going Valkyrie over the past few years? If it was an Aston GT driver I would think they have a good shot.
Darren Turner for sure but I think he's slipped into a sort of semi retirement now on the racing side. Didn't stop him winning a Rolex recently, but still.

I do think the timeline would fit perfectly with Lance Stroll being turfed out of the F1 team. But I can understand why he wouldn't be linked right now.

Hard to say really who will be in the running at this stage. Calendar clashes will also dictate how many drivers they'd need to contract.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 15:17 (Ref:4180014)   #256
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'Drivers are yet to be confirmed, although James established that talent from the current Heart of Racing roster would be called up to form the lineups.'

Roman de Angelis? He was in AMR Driver Academy. Dude's second name is Senna! No pressure....

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ver-selection/
Old 6 Oct 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4180020)   #257
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure that it's safe to assume that any previous Aston drivers would be involved...
Old 13 Oct 2023, 11:38 (Ref:4181247)   #258
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Fillipe Massa wants to join in on the action...

https://www.sportscar365.com/imsa/ws...ve-with-riley/
Old 13 Oct 2023, 12:08 (Ref:4181252)   #259
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I do think the timeline would fit perfectly with Lance Stroll being turfed out of the F1 team. But I can understand why he wouldn't be linked right now.
IMO - to keep the launch news all positive

But if they did link him now it would let loads of speculation out of the bag about how long he's got and why not replace him now.

The AMPT set up probably needs Stroll in an F1 car until Valkrie Hypercar and IMSA fully up and running for 6 months or so. If you could stretch to a second LM car then maybe a slot if no clash with F1 or no Vettel.

IMSA launch at Daytona probably/especially needs an IMSA experienced driver set up.
Old 15 Oct 2023, 07:43 (Ref:4181623)   #260
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Well, Fillipe Massa wants to join in on the action...

https://www.sportscar365.com/imsa/ws...ve-with-riley/
If he doesn't win is he just going to claim victory a decade later?
Old 15 Oct 2023, 10:17 (Ref:4181635)   #261
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If he doesn't win is he just going to claim victory a decade later?
Old 17 Oct 2023, 13:09 (Ref:4181818)   #262
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few driver updates

Mick Schumacher talking to Alpine
Ryan Briscoe at Vanwall and Liam Talbot at D'Station for Bahrain

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...7-10-2023.html
Old 17 Oct 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4181820)   #263
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
A few driver updates

Mick Schumacher talking to Alpine
Ryan Briscoe at Vanwall and Liam Talbot at D'Station for Bahrain

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...7-10-2023.html
Not sure why anybody with a decent reputation would wanna get involved with Kolles?
Old 17 Oct 2023, 13:35 (Ref:4181826)   #264
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Not sure why anybody with a decent reputation would wanna get involved with Kolles?
Racers want to race?
Old 17 Oct 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4181860)   #265
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And he's not exactly busy doing other racing is he?
Old 17 Oct 2023, 19:57 (Ref:4181863)   #266
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
At least he's going to race. His former employer is taking his toys and going home.
Old 17 Oct 2023, 22:43 (Ref:4181879)   #267
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure where to post this as it isn't a formal announcement, but here goes anyway

https://www.autosport.com/supergt/ne...seat/10533692/

Guess it's unofficial confirmation of Lexus being in the door for LMGT3 as well?
Old 18 Oct 2023, 17:00 (Ref:4181945)   #268
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mick was testing the Alpine (officialy now).
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-laps-in-a424/
Old 25 Oct 2023, 13:54 (Ref:4182957)   #269
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So driver appeals have been heard

Galeal back to Silver, Al Harthy and Bovy back to Bronze

Quinn and Sato up to Gold so UA is screwed in IMSA, Snow to Gold making the GTD Pro move required

Andrade, Huffaker and Pierson remain Gold after their appeals

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...to-silver.html
Old 25 Oct 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4182979)   #270
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Galael/WRT have done well to keep him silver, I'd have had him as gold if Andrade is also gold.

If Quinn can retain his silver rating, he'll probably be in every UA LMP2 next season, given they have run out of silver drivers otherwise!
Old 25 Oct 2023, 19:45 (Ref:4182993)   #271
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
His appeal was denied so he's out, Gold with Pierson so UA gonna be making calls and calls all day
Old 28 Oct 2023, 20:15 (Ref:4183373)   #272
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not happy that Bovy is back to Bronze.
She is no bronze and everybody knows that.

I like the girls to win but now they given an unfair advantage and that I do not like.

If girls want to play with the boys they have to follow same rules!
And not let the girls win because they are girls.

If I compete with the boys I do not win but I am proud when I beat one or two and am not last but I do not get advantage.

So this makes me sad really and not happy.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 03:33 (Ref:4183467)   #273
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Sounds less like you are critical, and more like being a bit... jealous. That they are making strides that you can only dream of. This is not a good place to be, as it will cause you to be embittered.

The Iron Dames are one of my favorite teams, for their determination and race savvy that they show both on and off the track. It's why they're always at the front in GT.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 09:36 (Ref:4183495)   #274
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sounds less like you are critical, and more like being a bit... jealous. That they are making strides that you can only dream of. This is not a good place to be, as it will cause you to be embittered.

The Iron Dames are one of my favorite teams, for their determination and race savvy that they show both on and off the track. It's why they're always at the front in GT.
That's a bit harsh. In the same vein, if someone said you were infatuated with Iron Dames and used that to dismiss your opinion on Bovy's driver rating it would just as big a fallacy as the bolded above. There are better arguments to make without resorting to ad hominem.

Personally, I don't think Bovy remaining bronze is the most egregious error in the driver ratings (that honour goes to Galael), but behind Keating, she is probably the best bronze there is in GT. Iron Lynx/Dames have played the game well to have her silver rating rescinded.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 12:55 (Ref:4183522)   #275
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Rika is maybe jealous but you sound like a fanboy who doesn't accept criticism on 'his' girls.