Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Feb 2023, 21:19 (Ref:4144429)   #1376
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I don't normally pay much attention to teaser videos, but did look at the clip NAPA have posted to their social media accounts
https://twitter.com/naparacinguk/sta...04488446414848

Sutton and Cammish are obviously clearly in view but there's a brief shot showing the shadow of three people. 3x NAPA cars? Maybe with the 4th Motorbase car under a separate team name?
Old 21 Feb 2023, 21:33 (Ref:4144430)   #1377
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another awful MB livery, they could've done so much more with that. The Rokit one was boring but at least it had some impact.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 05:04 (Ref:4144444)   #1378
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
If you asked 100 people to draw a laser tools livery that’s what they’d draw. Bit dull, innit?
Isn't that the point though?

Or to look at it from another angle - if you showed the livery to 100 people they would instantly recognise it as being Laser Tools.

Being the obvious design for the title sponsor suggests to me a strong brand identity....
Old 22 Feb 2023, 07:03 (Ref:4144448)   #1379
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Or to look at it from another angle - if you showed the livery to 100 people they would instantly recognise it as being Laser Tools.

Being the obvious design for the title sponsor suggests to me a strong brand identity....
That is true, I'm not sure what else your could expect. I'm also going to add that personally I think it's a great livery. Very striking. I love the fact that they've managed to incorporate the traditional BMW styling on the bonnet and wings
Old 22 Feb 2023, 07:54 (Ref:4144451)   #1380
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

My thoughts exactly!
Sponsors are in this for one reason, and that is to promote their brand or products, not to please random spectators with pretty colours that they might like.
No sponsors means no racing, I really don't understand why more people don't understand these simple facts.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 08:51 (Ref:4144457)   #1381
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
My thoughts exactly!
Sponsors are in this for one reason, and that is to promote their brand or products, not to please random spectators with pretty colours that they might like.
No sponsors means no racing, I really don't understand why more people don't understand these simple facts.
Seconded

I have to say I have pretty much no interest at all in liveries. They could be all pink with yellow spots for me. On track product that I'm interested in.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 08:51 (Ref:4144458)   #1382
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
ISutton and Cammish are obviously clearly in view but there's a brief shot showing the shadow of three people. 3x NAPA cars? Maybe with the 4th Motorbase car under a separate team name?
I don't actually think the shot you refer to is three people - but the same person with three light sources.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 22 Feb 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4144460)   #1383
Squiggs
Rookie

Squiggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't actually think the shot you refer to is three people - but the same person with three light sources.
I would say that the video does clearly show Cammish and Sutton suiting up, together with a third unnamed driver...
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4144461)   #1384
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
I would say that the video does clearly show Cammish and Sutton suiting up, together with a third unnamed driver...
I did see one person ask if this mysterious third driver is called Carl Ivery
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:06 (Ref:4144462)   #1385
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Napa
Sutton
Cammish
Osborne
AND
ROWBOTTOM
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4144463)   #1386
Squiggs
Rookie

Quote:
I did see one person ask if this mysterious third driver is called Carl Ivery
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4144464)   #1387
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if TPR will make a comeback, especially as there is space on the grid.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4144465)   #1388
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Drivers and Livery:

Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4144472)   #1389
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Drivers and Livery:

What a shame they stuck with the same old livery with Cataclean coming in they could have gone Green/white/silver .....
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4144475)   #1390
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords?Civic????Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1One Motorsport?Civic???’One’ Reported as looking to expand to four Civics ???
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborneConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Motorbase-4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus ST RowbottomConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra LeónButelConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkingtonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press release - MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023Inel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall AstraHandConfirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic FK8MoffatConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-2 Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic FK8CookConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-3One MotorsportCivic FK8???Reported as looking to expand to four Civics???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???HARD.Cupra LeónTaylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4144477)   #1391
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NAPA Racing UK/Motorbase have put together a very strong team. Looking forward to seeing how they get on this season.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:22 (Ref:4144480)   #1392
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
My thoughts exactly!
Oh I understand it. Doesn’t mean I have to think it looks good though.

Corporate colours don’t have to mean a copy and paste livery.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4144481)   #1393
Squiggs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
Seconded

I have to say I have pretty much no interest at all in liveries. They could be all pink with yellow spots for me. On track product that I'm interested in.
Thirded...
Old 22 Feb 2023, 09:42 (Ref:4144484)   #1394
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Dynamics with Adrian flux?
Old 22 Feb 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4144487)   #1395
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What a shame they stuck with the same old livery with Cataclean coming in they could have gone Green/white/silver .....
With the money that NAPA is putting in I'm sure they'd prefer blue and yellow. It's possible to produce a good looking corporate livery (Motorbase) to satisfy sponsors etc without just resorting to sticking the main sponsor on the side at a funny angle (MB). At least there's some stripes on it this year.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4144488)   #1396
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
NAPA Racing UK/Motorbase have put together a very strong team. Looking forward to seeing how they get on this season.
Personally think this year’s livery is an improvement even with the extra sponsors kinda tacked on. Rowbottom is a good signing too, that’s 3 drivers you’d expect to be finishing in the top ten regularly. Same with WSR, going to be busy at the front! Excerl8 not looking so good in comparison.

Would say Osborne really needs to improve otherwise he’s going to be made to look a little silly by his teammates, but I guess his seat is fairly safe! For a 4 car line-up you can’t expect more than that though.

Strong seat open at Dynamics… although is it as enticing as it once was?
Old 22 Feb 2023, 11:52 (Ref:4144496)   #1397
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Personally think this year’s livery is an improvement even with the extra sponsors kinda tacked on. Rowbottom is a good signing too, that’s 3 drivers you’d expect to be finishing in the top ten regularly. Same with WSR, going to be busy at the front! Excerl8 not looking so good in comparison.

Would say Osborne really needs to improve otherwise he’s going to be made to look a little silly by his teammates, but I guess his seat is fairly safe! For a 4 car line-up you can’t expect more than that though.

Strange Rowbottom stepped away
Old 22 Feb 2023, 12:14 (Ref:4144500)   #1398
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Strange Rowbottom stepped away
Stepped away - or followed his sponsor's move to a partnership with another brand?

As he mentioned - 'An AMAZING opportunity came along for @catacleanuk'. As with (almost) all seats on the grid, the choice is down to finances.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 13:12 (Ref:4144509)   #1399
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

I think it does look a little better, I'm pleased they removed the NASCAR-inspired driver numbers from the rear doors of the car. I'd hope Osborne can score points more consistently this year - he's not a bad driver, I think the strength and depth of the field was possibly behind his lack of points last year.

I think it could be a very competitive season up front. Lots of very competitive drivers and cars - with the return of different tyre compounds we could see a lot of drivers running up at the front.

I hope we see a decent lineup at Dynamics - this was in Autosport's coverage of the NAPA announcement;

"Rowbottom’s departure from Dynamics with his coveted Cataclean backing leaves one of the heritage teams of the BTCC still working on its 2023 programme, with three-time champion Gordon Shedden hoping to remain on board with the Honda squad.

“There’s a lot going on behind the scenes, and we’re all working to try and piece something together,” Shedden told Autosport."

I hope they can work something out - not long to go until the season starts.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4144520)   #1400
InYourMirrors45
Rookie

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strong line up that. Would expect Sutton to be there or there abouts, Cammish with a heap of podiums and some wins and Rowbo to more than likely chip in with a podium or two.