Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Sep 2002, 13:25 (Ref:380553)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What another great F1 race that was ! ! ! !

Well that was a great Grand Prix again it was over by lap 2..............
Old 15 Sep 2002, 13:35 (Ref:380557)   #2
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was simply breathtaking........ I am now bored with Ferrari winning all the time. I started to get excited though when TGF slowed down. I was hoping he would go out.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 13:37 (Ref:380558)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey it was a great job by the Ferrari engineers! Formula 1 is about building the best car you can and watching it run, it has nothing to do with racing or entertainment.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 15 Sep 2002, 13:38 (Ref:380560)   #4
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unlucky for McNish, he could have got a few points had his car not failed again
Old 15 Sep 2002, 13:39 (Ref:380561)   #5
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I need to vent!! I apopogise from now.

What the hell was BAR and JV thinking or doing. How does one start in 9th and screw it up so royally? God! Sometimes it is hard work, hard work, being a Honda fan.

Ok, now that I got that off my chest... Nuff props to EI. The Jag was outstanding. He got his points on pace, not just luck it is good for F1 to have all these different factors. Renault also showed asounding launch control and they had good pace. In fact I was also impressed by the Toyotas. Really the only sad state IMO, was JV. BAR was not really that bad it was JV. Fisi even passed him... oh I am going back to that again. Sato sucked too! If he drives like this again I dont want to see him in F1 next year. Then again he will more than likely be in a Jordan Ford so that may be good.

I feel ill!!
Old 15 Sep 2002, 13:39 (Ref:380562)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
A brilliant drive by Eddie.......drive of the day, but that could have gone to Jarno if he'd not stalled (or whatever problem he had) on the grid and finished on the podium himself.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:11 (Ref:380603)   #7
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was as good a race as i have seen all season which would have been a lot better if the tv coverage had managed to see anything happen, e.g. trulli from last to 9th in the first few laps, i didnt see any of it. it was a shame that the williams failed so ferrari had absolutely no challenge, again coulthard was poor, sato was shameful (he must have had a car problem), mcnish was unlucky again. it was good to see eddie on the podium though.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:15 (Ref:380609)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was there ever a time when teammates raced each other in F1? It would seem to me that the Ferraris would have done some racing if they wanted to...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:30 (Ref:380619)   #9
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last time the Ferraris really raced each other was when Berger and Alesi were in cars 28 and 27 respectively.

As for the race..had Ralf's car held up...it would`ve been more interesting ...he looked to have the legs on Pablo and would`ve given the Ferrari a hard run.

Great drive by Eddie. Hope this shuts up those who have been bad mouthing him off late..the guy can still go..all he needs is the equipment.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:34 (Ref:380624)   #10
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For 2002-standards, this one was absolutly breathtaking

*yawn*
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:43 (Ref:380633)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Was there ever a time when teammates raced each other in F1?
Not lately! I did think that it was a shame that TGF dropped back so much after Rubens exited in front after his second stop, i realise that they aren't allowed to race one another, but imo, it does make a mockery of Rubens victory when, by dropping back so much, basically Michael is saying, "here you go Rubens, another one i've let you win!"
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:44 (Ref:380636)   #12
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Mr V great drive from eddie but apart from that it was another boring race its the same old story montoya said shotly after he retired that his tyres where going off fast so once again michelin are nowhere near the ferrari/brigdestone.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:48 (Ref:380640)   #13
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens has got the measure of Michael for sure.......its good to see.

TGF may try to make these things look like that , but Rubens sernt racing either .
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:50 (Ref:380644)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr V, that is one little nagging thing I have at the moment. Apart from celebrating the dominance of Ferrari, and cementing Rubino's second place in the WDC, I can't help feeling Michael is always just doing things in a way that says 'look, this is the team I'm driving for, and the team wants a 1-2 in the WDC, but ain't it funny how I'm always just behind?'...

Micheal can't help reminding people that he is Number One. Despite what the commentary team said, I'm sure Michael backed off as Rubens came out of the pits to ensure he just filtered in behind.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 14:59 (Ref:380655)   #15
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
it does make a mockery of Rubens victory when, by dropping back so much, basically Michael is saying, "here you go Rubens, another one i've let you win!"
It was everything you want but NOT a mockery of Rubens win! If you want, that was a further humiliation of the so called "opposition". (ok, I'll retract.... the word opposition Yo, guys, I'm just joking!) Actually we can even take the Austria-gate as a biggest compliment ever made to Williams and McLaren. They really crushed them, trashed them, fllored them and picked the ashes from the track. The way they took the flag, wheel-to-wheel (and provoking a stoke to the flag-man ), the slow down lap with the wheels interwoven, the 5 seconds per lap slower, simply wanted to show everyone who's in charge in Formula 1. I believe that Ron nearly died when the Ferrari's allowed David to unlap himself.......
Old 15 Sep 2002, 16:24 (Ref:380771)   #16
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watching these Ferraris is a bit like the Denny and Bruce show.

North Americans and Europeans over 40 will know what I'm talking about.

The cars are just incredible.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Sep 2002, 16:57 (Ref:380812)   #17
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my God! The humiliation continues:
Question And your car perfect?
Michael Schumacher: No problem. I was maybe a little bit slowish on the first set of tyres, but the second set was really very good.

He was kinda slowish....
Old 15 Sep 2002, 17:12 (Ref:380820)   #18
BoyWunder
Rookie

BoyWunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why the hells JPM been so utterly useless recently...I know he'd have been the best of the rest had he finished, but I expect more of him?
Old 15 Sep 2002, 17:41 (Ref:380835)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I actually enjoyed it. There was lots going on, and most of the racing was close, it was nailbiting seeing whether Renault would have to stop again towards the end, and there was some serious duelling through the field. More action than the last 3 races put together really.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 18:23 (Ref:380857)   #20
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I can't believe (I tell a lie, of course I can believe) that that was another Barrichello "win". TGF obviously slowed down on the straight, just when I thought maybe Ferrari were going to let them do a bit of racing.

BMW evidently can't build a decent engine - 19,000rpm isn't much good when it can't even go 5 laps.

The only good thing was seeing a few different drivers in the top 6, but had Ralf's engine lasted perhaps we would have seen a different result. Would have been a nice change, too.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Sep 2002, 18:56 (Ref:380879)   #21
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Was there ever a time when teammates raced each other in F1?
Senna and Prost, simply because neither would ever have given away to the other no matter what the team said!

Now i haven't seen the race yet, must watch highlights tonight, though it doesn't sound like there are any!
Old 15 Sep 2002, 20:11 (Ref:380926)   #22
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As expected, with a Ferrari 1-2, the victory would go to Rubens. He's now guaranteed 2nd place in the WDC unless Juan Pablo wins both of the remaining races (hardly likely).

Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Despite what the commentary team said, I'm sure Michael backed off as Rubens came out of the pits to ensure he just filtered in behind.
You're absolutely right. That was pretty obvious, and if the commentators said otherwise, they were probably just trying to create the illusion for potential new viewers that there's actual racing going on at the front of the field.

I'm pretty tired of this. OK, Monza was a party for the tifosi, Rubens won and Eddie came a refreshing third. But I don't like the way the Ferrari drivers are simply toying with the field. They are too dominant, and it's killing the excitement. I knew Rubens would most likely win this race. I would be more happy if I was watching races where I couldn't say with 99% certainty before the start who was going to win.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 20:13 (Ref:380932)   #23
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Hey it was a great job by the Ferrari engineers! Formula 1 is about building the best car you can and watching it run, it has nothing to do with racing or entertainment.
Yes thankyou Jay I noticed that even if nobody else did. Sort of hard to deny though.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 20:17 (Ref:380936)   #24
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
The way they took the flag, wheel-to-wheel (and provoking a stoke to the flag-man
I'm not sure what you mean by provoking a stoke. Was it a misspelling and you meant he needed a toke to calm down after the way they veered at him?
Old 15 Sep 2002, 20:32 (Ref:380947)   #25
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ITV commentary team gets excited so easily. I'm jealous.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"