Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Mar 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4037561)   #201
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having Rowe confirmed is a very good info, the one I'd been really anticipating. As far as I understand it, Rowe has already confirmed two cars, with third being a chance.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4037833)   #202
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haupt Racing Team confirmed for 2x AMG GT3s drivers TBC
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4037838)   #203
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team Rosberg confirmed in Audi’s with Nico Muller and Dev Gore
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4037841)   #204
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Having Rowe confirmed is a very good info, the one I'd been really anticipating. As far as I understand it, Rowe has already confirmed two cars, with third being a chance.

Your right, I posted after the news first broke with everything saying number of cars tbc but looks like everything since is sure it’s two! Good news

4+ cars from Mercedes, BMW, and Audi has to be a win
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4037854)   #205
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haupt confirmed with two cars and Maxi Götz being a favourite to one of two seats. According to Motorsport Total, soon there'll be announcements from HTP and Mücke. This, with one GruppeM Mercedes, makes it 7 AMG GT3s. Quite a good number. Among candidates for Mercedes seats are Lucas Auer and Gary Paffett.

Team Rosberg announcement is a bit of surprise, fantastic to have Nico Müller confirmed but, I must admit, I've never heard of Dev Gore. It seems he's the one to supply the team with necessary backing. But it's the young gun so we'll see how he develops.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4037855)   #206
Matt K
Veteran

This is how the 2021 grid looks like now:

CONFIRMED
Abt Sportsline - Audi - TBA
Abt Sportsline - Audi - TBA
Team Rosberg - Audi - Nico Müller
Team Rosberg - Audi - Dev Gore
Walkenhorst Motorsport - BMW - TBA
ROWE Racing - BMW - TBA
ROWE Racing - BMW - TBA
GruppeM Racing - Mercedes-AMG - TBA
Haupt Racing Team - Mercedes-AMG - TBA
Haupt Racing Team - Mercedes-AMG - TBA
AF Corse - Ferrari - Liam Lawson
AF Corse - Ferrari - A. Albon/N. Cassidy
Jenson Team Rocket RJN - McLaren - TBA

RUMOURED/POSSIBLE
HTP Motorsport - Mercedes-AMG - TBA
HTP Motorsport - Mercedes-AMG - TBA
Mücke Motorsport - Mercedes-AMG - TBA
Mücke Motorsport - Mercedes-AMG - TBA
Team RMG - BMW - TBA
Team RMG - BMW - TBA
ROWE Racing - BMW - TBA
Walkenhorst Motorsport - BMW - TBA
Jenson Team Rocket RJN - McLaren - TBA
RacingOne - TBA - TBA
Old 2 Mar 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4037974)   #207
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its good news to see HRT confirm to DTM although now they are no longer confirmed to GTWC Sprint Cup. Either way clashes remain so I'm wondering exactly how AMG will staff all these cars with factory drivers (as many as 7 cars in DTM). I suspect some of these cars are going to have to be filled with former DTM drivers or others who are not already members of the factory roster.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4038170)   #208
Matt K
Veteran

There are some rumours regarding the drivers. Allegedly Maxi Götz, Lucas Auer and Gary Paffett are close to the deal. AMG confirms there'll be a mix of experienced and young drivers. Among the candidates there's also Luca Ghiotto and Dani Juncandella. On the other hand, Maro Engel and Raffaele Marciello are ruled out.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 11:22 (Ref:4038215)   #209
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
There are some rumours regarding the drivers. Allegedly Maxi Götz, Lucas Auer and Gary Paffett are close to the deal. AMG confirms there'll be a mix of experienced and young drivers. Among the candidates there's also Luca Ghiotto and Dani Juncandella. On the other hand, Maro Engel and Raffaele Marciello are ruled out.
Its going to be an interesting one for the factory driver pools, we have clashes a plenty between DTM, GTWC, British GT etc. Thats off the top of my head, before looking at IMSA, ADAC calendars and more.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4038730)   #210
VermillionRed
Rookie

VermillionRed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even James Glickenhaus may be tempted by the new DTM with one of his kitcars
Old 5 Mar 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4038844)   #211
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And it seems that Schaeffler might bring Paffett back, mostly to test their steering-by-wire system (article in German) https://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm...tions-comeback
Old 5 Mar 2021, 08:08 (Ref:4038845)   #212
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockenfeller and van der Linde in ABT
Old 5 Mar 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4038852)   #213
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek_aleks View Post
Rockenfeller and van der Linde in ABT

Really solid pairing there, KVDL knows those R8 GT3s better than almost any Audi Factory driver
Old 5 Mar 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4038854)   #214
Matt K
Veteran

That's fantastic news. For quite some time I was thinking of Rockenfeller - van der Linde pairing and there we go. Seems a very strong team. Rocky is a former champion and has been going back to form recently while Kelvin is a very accomplished GT3 driver. Actually that's the ideal pairing for the 'new' DTM. A combination of current DTM drivers, from the previous era, and big GT3 names.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4038967)   #215
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I think they've done well to sign those two. What a combo. Can't go much wrong there. Rocky will probably lead the way, but Kelvin will do a great job too. Let's just hope this new DTM era lives up to it's promise. It's got a lot going for it, especially in terms of drivers, cars and teams
Old 5 Mar 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4039016)   #216
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek_aleks View Post
And it seems that Schaeffler might bring Paffett back, mostly to test their steering-by-wire system (article in German) https://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm...tions-comeback
Is this the same system as was tested in a Porsche a few times during last seasons ADAC GT Masters?
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4039025)   #217
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Is this the same system as was tested in a Porsche a few times during last seasons ADAC GT Masters?

Yep and extensively in GTC
Old 6 Mar 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4039152)   #218
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hope it goes well for them here too then
Old 8 Mar 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4039590)   #219
Bcarr6
Veteran

HTP Windward confirmed with Lucas Auer and Philip Ellis
Old 8 Mar 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4039608)   #220
Matt K
Veteran

Another very good lineup, great to see Auer back in the DTM for 2021. His comeback just for 2020 would've been too shortlived.

Rumours say that Walkenhorst is working on a second car and ROWE on a third with names such as Wittmann, S. Van der Linde, Eng, Glock still in contention for BMW seats in 2021.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4040816)   #221
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Off-topic. I've found this on a racing auction page. Looks like Kissling have built an Opel (?) based stock car with Chevrolet V8 engine. I'd prefer to watch this type of racing instead of another GT3 nonsense. By the way it's said the car costs 100000 euro only. 4-5 times less than GT3. Why nobody looked this way and build some sort of Brazilian Stock Car championship? There're companies capable of building proper cars on budget.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4040821)   #222
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Off-topic. I've found this on a racing auction page. Looks like Kissling have built an Opel (?) based stock car with Chevrolet V8 engine. I'd prefer to watch this type of racing instead of another GT3 nonsense. By the way it's said the car costs 100000 euro only. 4-5 times less than GT3. Why nobody looked this way and build some sort of Brazilian Stock Car championship? There're companies capable of building proper cars on budget.
That's pretty much what V8 Star was isn't it? And that failed. STCC went down a similar route with the Solution F cars and that didn't work out either. Maybe there just isn't the market for it. Shame really as I agree - I'd rather see that than another GT3 championship (I like GT3 cars but DTM shouldn't be GT3).
Old 16 Mar 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4040872)   #223
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
From what year was this car?

EDIT: No year but found the link: https://www.racecarsdirect.com/Adver...racing-technic

To answering your question: Because DTM wanted always big manufacturer involvement. If we look to the 2021 grid so far we can say DTM was wrong.

Something between old DTM (more or less open tech rules) and V8 Star (spec cars). For example spec chassis were manufacturers suppy bodies and engines (like current Stock Car Brasil). No factory teams but professional teams like in 2021 DTM.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4040880)   #224
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Something between old DTM (more or less open tech rules) and V8 Star (spec cars). For example spec chassis were manufacturers suppy bodies and engines (like current Stock Car Brasil).
DTM actually was what you just outlined for the last eight or so years. All the Class 1 cars were based on the same chassis and there were only limited areas for development. The problem was that the manufacturers threw tons and tons of money at those areas for very limited gains.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4040962)   #225
Bcarr6
Veteran

ROWE Racing - BMW M6 GT3 - Sheldon van der Linde