Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2018, 11:07 (Ref:3850045)   #151
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Just checked during the session: onboard views are blacked out on F1TV when the car is in the pits. Exception currently: Magnussen's car. The feed is live but the view is obscured by some kind of device.
Speculation - have Haas received an update that allows them to use the same feature Ferrari have benefited from recently, but only if they can keep up the Camera diversion?
Old 4 Oct 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3854469)   #152
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Ferrari sporting a new sponsor (on engine cover) and livery in Japan.

A new sponsor, or a cryptic message?

Old 4 Oct 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3854470)   #153
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
An interesting article in German (auto-motor-und-sport.de) on where (or why) Ferrari's power boost has disappeared to since the Italian GP. The FiA has asked Ferrari to fit additional sensors to monitor the Ferrari ERS since Singapore. Coincidence or other, Ferrari have not had the "boost" since Singapore.

"GPS data from Singapore & Sochi shows Ferrari doesn't deploy that exceptional power "boost" on the straights anymore. According to our information FIA fitted a 2nd sensor to monitor battery energy output. Is there a connection?"

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...power-vorteil/

Old 4 Oct 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3854471)   #154
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
A new sponsor, or a cryptic message?
Neither - it is a Philip Morris brand/initiative.

https://www.missionwinnow.com/faq
Old 4 Oct 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3854498)   #155
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
It looks good though
Old 5 Oct 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3854620)   #156
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Peter Windsor and Craig Scarborough talk Ferrari engine / ERS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1g...ature=youtu.be

Legal, illegal or a grey area?

Seems like Ferrari have lost their advantage on PU over the last couple of rounds. And the FiA may have something to do with it.

Old 5 Oct 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3854631)   #157
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Maurizio Arrivabene is not happy about information on the second sensor being leaked to the public.

Maurizio Arrivabene: "We agreed with the request from the FIA to work together with them and to facilitate their work we added a second sensor. But it doesn’t change in any case the performance of our car.

"Despite that I think it’s strange that everybody knows about the second sensor. I said that our battery layout is quite complex but it’s also an intellectual property of Ferrari.

"I hope that as everybody knows about the second sensor in future everybody they are not going to be informed about our projects. That could be a serious matter."

Old 5 Oct 2018, 11:26 (Ref:3854641)   #158
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Peter Windsor and Craig Scarborough talk Ferrari engine / ERS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1g...ature=youtu.be

Legal, illegal or a grey area?

Seems like Ferrari have lost their advantage on PU over the last couple of rounds. And the FiA may have something to do with it.
Thanks for that - good video and interesting to listen to.

A couple of points I noted:

Everything Ferrari have done has been legal. This is outlined by Scarbs at 4:50 when he says 'All we can assume is that Ferrari are doing something legally' (with the stress on legally).

'How they're doing it, nobody knows'.

At 7:40, FIA are quoted as saying 'we can see nothing illegal'.

So what does that video tell us - well in Scarbs' opinion - Ferrari have been perfectly legal all season, but they may not have interpreted the rules in the manner that was intended. Therefore, having been requested to modify their PU by the FIA, they have obliged.

Any talk of Illegal is ludicrous though.
Old 5 Oct 2018, 12:05 (Ref:3854648)   #159
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That's only just your own opinion, and you are making an assumption based on someone who is simply also assuming that the Ferrari ERS is legal, or.. to use his own words, 'questionably legal'.

Old 5 Oct 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3854649)   #160
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tech expert: It's legal

FIA: We see nothing illegal

Forum member: IS IT ILLEGALZ?
Old 5 Oct 2018, 12:19 (Ref:3854655)   #161
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
One of the more mainstream sites running a story now, THIS on motorsports.com just 15 minutes ago.

Old 5 Oct 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3854666)   #162
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Thanks for that - good video and interesting to listen to.

A couple of points I noted:

Everything Ferrari have done has been legal. This is outlined by Scarbs at 4:50 when he says 'All we can assume is that Ferrari are doing something legally' (with the stress on legally).

'How they're doing it, nobody knows'.

At 7:40, FIA are quoted as saying 'we can see nothing illegal'.

So what does that video tell us - well in Scarbs' opinion - Ferrari have been perfectly legal all season, but they may not have interpreted the rules in the manner that was intended. Therefore, having been requested to modify their PU by the FIA, they have obliged.

For a start he has no idea if Ferrari have fielded an entirely legal car at all times, all he can do is sift through publicly available information and spout what he thinks is the best response to a question. It is unlikely he has any greater insight to what Ferrari has been doing either illegally or legally that the rest of the world and is just another unqualified commentator on all levels. At least a few other commentators have the technical expertise or have worked on F1 teams in the past to give their comments at least a modicum of respectability.
Old 5 Oct 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3854669)   #163
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
If Ferrari did something illegally they would be disqualified. Simple as that.
Old 5 Oct 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3854672)   #164
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
How dare you bring logic to an F1 forum when it comes to Ferrari good sir, that is NOT allowed here.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 5 Oct 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3854674)   #165
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I'm not sticking up for F1 Guy here, but I think the important couple of words you are missing here are were caught in place of the word did.
In fact, I think to make it even more fairer, the word Ferrari should be replaced with any teams...

(I know the sentences wouldn't be grammatically correct then, but I'm sure you see my point).