Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Mar 2018, 07:31 (Ref:3806508)   #26
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Like driving up on your motorbike in the centre of Le Mans, surprising unsuspecting Brits on holiday........
Effectively this could be one of these funny scenes !!

Envoyé de mon SM-A300FU en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 7 Mar 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3806710)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And we would be very disappointed if it doesn't happen again on the scrutineering Sunday this year Eric!
Old 28 Mar 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3811574)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
tonights year is 1984 so looking forward to friday. i was there standing on the terraces near the start line, after over 3 hours standing in the blazing sun in shorts and t shirt i was glowing with excitement as the cars roared past. Well burnt but hooked by something that would become an annual pilgrimage after that first coach trip down.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 00:18 (Ref:3814232)   #29
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I saw the 1987 race last weekend and was glued to it. What a cracking race! The cars looked really good and the original Radio Le Mans team made it so exciting. Cracking stuff.

Out of interest, what's the link between the original Radio Le Mans and Radio Show Limited today?

Overall, I've enjoyed the history series even though I must confess I got rather bored after the early 70s (917s, 512s! ). The cars after that looked a little uninspiring to me, they just seem to get got square and boxy compared to the curvy sculptured things which had come before.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3814295)   #30
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Out of interest, what's the link between the original Radio Le Mans and Radio Show Limited today?
I think 1 or 2 people on the technical side have been there since 1987. Commentary-wise, the longest-running voices still on the air in the current era (Trussers and Hindy) started out in '88 and '89 respectively.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3817397)   #31
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm a relatively new to LM compared to the regulars here; it entered my consciousness as a young teen in the late 90s so this history series has been an education of sorts for me. I attended the race for 10 straight years from 2002 to 2012. I know quite a bit about the late 50s, the 60s and early 70s because I have an interest in motorsport history and my racing heroes are from that age.

Anyway, I watched the 94 race recently and it struck me that even at that point, Toyota had been trying for 8yrs to win the race! You've gotta to admire their perseverance but they have some truly appalling luck at LM. They were very close in 94 too and no doubt countless other years before the modern hybrid era (98/99 springs to mind). The relief, if and when they win it is going to be quiet something.

The rear wings on the cars from the mid 90s were just jaw-dropping for me. Absolutely enormous barn doors. Good lord! Some of the front running prototypes sounded fantastic though, I really miss the sound of racing V10s. They send a shiver down the spine on the downshifts.
Old 26 Apr 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3817447)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I have been enjoying watching all the races in order and it is strange how your view of some cars change, when i first started going Mazda was there but apart from the incredible sound i always wanted the jags or astons to win, By he time Mazda actually won in 1991 i was standing on the start line with thousands of jag and porsche fans cheering the little car over the line. The Toyota's have also seeped into my admiration OK at first i was supporting my usual first loves but the fact that Toyota have continued to try despite everything and continue to support the race i love has made me become a real supporter of all their efforts, i hope they finally achieve a win this year as a reward for the enormous support for the race over the last 30 plus years. Plus i now have my little MR2 which is pure fun for 99% of the time, others here will know about the other 1%.
Old 26 May 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3824709)   #33
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They have broadcasted 2008 again instead of 2009 yesterday evening on the French channel. Was it the same on the English canal ?
Old 26 May 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3824788)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
recorded it last night so will view it later and let you know
Old 26 May 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3824813)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
ok my recording started with 4 or 5 minutes of a screen saying technical difficulties, but then started showing 2009 race hope it does not over run aqs lost last few minutes on several other recordings
Old 26 May 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3824822)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i think i will have to rerecord that one, several times it had technical difficulties and also seemed to loss the whole of saturday until the sun started to go down. was supposed to be over 2 hours but lasted about an hour and a half.
Old 29 May 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3825394)   #37
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn. Just realised my recording of 2009 is missing the start as well and now I've missed the repeats.
Does anyone know exactly how long this one was supposed to be? I've got about 1hr 27mins including adverts, it starts at the end of the grid run-down at Patrick Dempsey's #81 Ferrari, just before McNish's intro.

Anyone got a copy to share? I've been recording from Freesat if anyone wants a swap
Old 29 May 2018, 08:42 (Ref:3825397)   #38
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
French motorsportTV answered on Facebook that they had a network failure last Friday and they will broadcast LM 2009 again on the June 27th at 23h30 loc.
You can ask British motorsportTV on Facebook.

Last edited by PascaLM; 29 May 2018 at 09:01.
Old 29 May 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3825398)   #39
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, but.... I hope you mean 27th June otherwise I've missed that repeat as well!
Old 29 May 2018, 10:08 (Ref:3825408)   #40
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
...they will broadcast LM 2009 again on the June 27th at 23h30 loc....

Thanks for the edit Pasca, satellite receiver already programmed.
Old 29 May 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3825450)   #41
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport.tv UK keeps changing programmes without explanation.Just got to see South African GTC after at least one failed attept
LM 24hrs films are sometimes 2hrs others only one hr-guess thats how the French producer made them?
Old 1 Jun 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3826042)   #42
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
In case you don't already know it, the whole series will be broadcast again, backwards. After this year's Le Mans week-end they will broadcast 2017, then 2016, 2015...
Old 1 Jun 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3826045)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In the UK they have speed up with 2013 on last night
Old 1 Jun 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3826048)   #44
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In the UK they have speed up with 2013 on last night
Same thing for French language channel.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3826109)   #45
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Is there anybody who has recorded the whole English spoken series and is able to make copies of it on DVD? I would be very much interested to get copies of the series at cost of blanc DVDs, postage costs to Belgium and a few beers at Tertre Rouge at my world famous red gazebo .
Old 1 Jun 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3826111)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simon has to be your man Vincent, surely?
Old 1 Jun 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3826116)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i have them all in order on my sky box, but not a clue how to transfer them onto dvd, will ask Helen if it can be done.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3826117)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
However just thought i think you can get them all on the motorsport TV web site, or that is what they say the show
Old 2 Jun 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3826165)   #49
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i have them all in order on my sky box, but not a clue how to transfer them onto dvd, will ask Helen if it can be done.
I recorded them on DVDs but in PAL definition with my old Philips recorder.
You can try Video Downloadhelper on the web browser.
Old 2 Jun 2018, 08:50 (Ref:3826167)   #50
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Is there anybody who has recorded the whole English spoken series and is able to make copies of it on DVD? I would be very much interested to get copies of the series at cost of blanc DVDs, postage costs to Belgium and a few beers at Tertre Rouge at my world famous red gazebo .
I have everything from 1983 (+'68-'71) recorded from satellite. I couldn't be bothered with most of the 50's, '60's and 70's as the highlights were a bit crap. I mean why film the race when you can show twenty minutes of the funfair and people eating frites?!

I can't supply them to you on dvd but if you know how to edit .ts files then you can have them all raw. Otherwise at some point in the not too distant future I will be editing out the adverts and converting them to .mkv to keep. You can have those instead if you like.

They aren't very good quality as Motorsport.tv only seems to broadcast squished SD but they are watchable. Certainly from 2010 onwards the picture quality is pretty good.
They aren't very big files put they are too big to WeTransfer or put on ge.tt, so if you are interested I can share them one or two at a time via dropbox.

I also recorded the WSC 1988 Jarama and Jerez events, and the In Car 956 if anyone wants them.