Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Aug 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3294604)   #2401
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyybKmNu7jI so we actually see the thing move - and, apparently, we can hear its engine.

I've decided it's not some Peugeot-style fake engine note to make the car sound more exciting and it genuinely sounds like a real engine.

It sounds a bit too deep and throaty for an I4. Maybe they're testing the chassis with a 911 engine? Sounds far-fetched, I know, but that's an interesting sound being made by the car.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3294605)   #2402
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyybKmNu7jI so we actually see the thing move - and, apparently, we can hear its engine.

I've decided it's not some Peugeot-style fake engine note to make the car sound more exciting and it genuinely sounds like a real engine.

It sounds a bit too deep and throaty for an I4. Maybe they're testing the chassis with a 911 engine? Sounds far-fetched, I know, but that's an interesting sound being made by the car.
Sounded a lot like 6 cylinders to me, definitely. Whether it's a flat-6 or an Audi- or TAG F1 1980s-style V6...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3294613)   #2403
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
the sound that can be heard at the end of video is definitively a mid-revving boxer engine, from a road 911 for sure because the 997/991 RSR doesn't sound like this. I have no doubt about this. Anyway I think is just a sound sample inserted in the videoclip, it is not the real sound of the porsche lmp1.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3294618)   #2404
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Hehe, maybe someone more familiar with audio editing can try to clean up the audio track a bit

Last edited by deggis; 27 Aug 2013 at 10:06.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3294640)   #2405
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
the sound that can be heard at the end of video is definitively a mid-revving boxer engine, from a road 911 for sure because the 997/991 RSR doesn't sound like this. I have no doubt about this. Anyway I think is just a sound sample inserted in the videoclip, it is not the real sound of the porsche lmp1.
+ 1, not the real sound
Old 27 Aug 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3294644)   #2406
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Was not so hard to understand. Anyway exhausts can completely alter the sound of the engine. Think about the lola aston and DBR9, same engine but completely different sound, or DTM cars that revs max to 7500rpm but sound much more louder and screaming. The only markable sound that you can't get wrong is from a flat cranck V8.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3294645)   #2407
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The (mockup) tub in the video seems to have big holes for front driveshafts. So that suggest a front hybrid system, maybe in combination with a rear hybrid system.

Old 27 Aug 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3294682)   #2408
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
If that is true , then at least we wont see some hideous colors (ahem .. horrible DHL yellow)
Yeah , that was a sad livery ..... totally boring , and the white didn't work for it , truly disgusting . And they had to odasity to run 3 cars like that in some races ..... what were they thinking ?

IF its true about the Mobil 1 being title sponsor ..... then it could look nice with a base color of white , which I think it will .
Old 27 Aug 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3294683)   #2409
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The (mockup) tub in the video seems to have big holes for front driveshafts. So that suggest a front hybrid system, maybe in combination with a rear hybrid system.

A pity we cannot see much about suspension geometry, but still the hole you mentioned look really something allowing a front hybrid system to be mounted. Although it seems pretty small compared to Audi ones...

Like if Audi had to protect for halfshaft vertical movement and Porsche had not to...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3294690)   #2410
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post

Early days ..... but its white .
Old 27 Aug 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3294692)   #2411
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
My guess (hope) is that the livery will be similar to where they left off with the 911 GT1-98...

You can even see a poster of the 911 GT1-98 in the background in the video. The engine sound being used (inserted ?) also sounds very similar. I think they are picking up where they left off.

Last edited by CyberMotor; 27 Aug 2013 at 12:18.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3294693)   #2412
Flo aus N
Rookie

Flo aus N should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Early days ..... but its white .
The parts are covered with white powder. It is used for optical measurements of the geometry.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3294698)   #2413
The Badger
Veteran

Oh , cheers for that . That's interesting ..... do they graph it or what ?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3294704)   #2414
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was it ever mentioned the kind of energy recovery they are using? Will it be Flybrid like that 911 they raced a while back?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:08 (Ref:3294717)   #2415
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yeah , that was a sad livery ..... totally boring , and the white didn't work for it , truly disgusting . And they had to odasity to run 3 cars like that in some races ..... what were they thinking ?

IF its true about the Mobil 1 being title sponsor ..... then it could look nice with a base color of white , which I think it will .
I actually really liked the Penske colours.

Personally, I won't be complaining if it is a yellow livery. Would make it stand out compared to being white.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3294719)   #2416
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah! Imagine the shock when I found out people had it out for DHL haha...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3294730)   #2417
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I'm looking for a simple, minimalistic paint scheme with Mobil 1 and a few other sponsors. That's it... mostly white, a bit of gray, a bit of dark red, a bit of yellow, and perhaps a streak of blue.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3294736)   #2418
avvelenamento
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Was it ever mentioned the kind of energy recovery they are using? Will it be Flybrid like that 911 they raced a while back?
I've read that will switch for lithium batteries and 2 more conventional electric engines on front and rear.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3294740)   #2419
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
To yellow haters

Last edited by deggis; 27 Aug 2013 at 13:39.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3294742)   #2420
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'm looking for a simple, minimalistic paint scheme with Mobil 1 and a few other sponsors. That's it... mostly white, a bit of gray, a bit of dark red, a bit of yellow, and perhaps a streak of blue.
A some Adidas stripes I guess, since it appears as a sponsor on this shot:
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3294744)   #2421
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
To yellow haters

Apparently, Shell sponsoring is not "politically correct" at the time, at least not in the eyes of Greenpeace
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3294746)   #2422
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
I've read that will switch for lithium batteries and 2 more conventional electric engines on front and rear.
Any source for this ? It was my understanding that, as far as the energy recovery system is concerned, Porsche and Audi would share the same technology.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3294748)   #2423
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
A some Adidas stripes I guess, since it appears as a sponsor on this shot:
Those same three sponsors including Adidas were there in the very first shakedown photos too (http://i.imgur.com/n0SgxQc.jpg). All these are also "partners" of Porsche so purely based on that neither of these should be likely title/main sponsors.

But speaking of which, black dominated Adidas livery would be something different too.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3294752)   #2424
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another black or white LMP car? Please no! I miss the days of seeing that shot of the start of the race at Le Mans being an explosion of colour. They're all white or black these days.

Really hope they go for something different. Or an actual colour.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3294757)   #2425
avvelenamento
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Any source for this ? It was my understanding that, as far as the energy recovery system is concerned, Porsche and Audi would share the same technology.
just this italian site for now

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/300...wolfgang-hatz-