Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Jul 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3272709)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ALMS Round 4: Lime Rock

This is happening soon.

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

ESPN3 Video (Qualifying and Race)

ALMS Video

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Weather

World Times
Old 2 Jul 2013, 04:45 (Ref:3272735)   #2
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really hope the Corvettes got their engine problems sorted after Le Mans. There's almost no margin of error for GT anymore!
Old 2 Jul 2013, 05:23 (Ref:3272746)   #3
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really wish I could go. LRP sponsored and helped host a 2h45m indoor kart race this past Wednesday in Brookfield, and I want to go party at the real track. Unfortunatly I cannot take weekends off in July due to tournament the bowling center I work at hosts.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3272889)   #4
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
man, I wish this was 4-6h! Nonetheless, looking forward to some serious racing again
(where tires deflate because they're pinched from behind, not on their own).
Old 2 Jul 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3272933)   #5
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there early, for the PWC GT race at 10:30 AM. Hoping the ALMS cars will have the new leader lights that were tested by Flying Lizard at Laguna, but not getting my hopes up.

Looking forward to the weekend!
Old 2 Jul 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3272993)   #6
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
man, I wish this was 4-6h! Nonetheless, looking forward to some serious racing again
(where tires deflate because they're pinched from behind, not on their own).
4-6 hours on that go cart track would be like a demolition derby. I guess kind of appropriate considering that it is state and county fair time of the year.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3273038)   #7
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I figured I have the entire Northeast contingent up in arms with the go cart comment....disappointed...was looking to stir it up a bit
Old 2 Jul 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3273053)   #8
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
I figured I have the entire Northeast contingent up in arms with the go cart comment....disappointed...was looking to stir it up a bit
Haha. I thought you may have been stirring the pot!
Old 3 Jul 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3273186)   #9
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I went to Lime Rock on the 22nd (my birthday) and my race car was wrecked on the second lap of the event. Not to mention a fellow competitor died that day. I'm not sure if I'll go to see the race now. Mixed emotions.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 05:44 (Ref:3273201)   #10
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Can't wait to get to the track on Saturday for race day!

Should be a blast.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3273235)   #11
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Lime Rock Park Spotter Guide is live!

Quick post to say the Ten-Tenths supported Official ALMS Lime Rock Park Spotter Guide is live and includes the very latest entry list as of 5pm Tuesday evening, beating the entry list on the official site for now.

You can download the guide here : http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-alms/

You'll notice the #10 Dempsey Del Piero has been withdrawn while the TBC drivers are now all confirmed barring the regular late decision makers at TRG.

Guide will be updated as driver changes are announced.

If you like the Spotter Guides and you want to continue to see them in 2014, take a note of the message about Tweeting
Old 3 Jul 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3273395)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to getting the ALMS back in my life.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3273435)   #13
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Quick post to say the Ten-Tenths supported Official ALMS Lime Rock Park Spotter Guide is live and includes the very latest entry list as of 5pm Tuesday evening, beating the entry list on the official site for now.

You can download the guide here : http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-alms/
Thanks for the great work as usual Andy! Let me know if I can ever help with anything!

-mike
Old 3 Jul 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3273438)   #14
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Aww, pity. I had hoped Dyson would return to the color scheme of their 962 as they did in 2008. Seems they won't.

Quote:
If you like the Spotter Guides and you want to continue to see them in 2014, take a note of the message about Tweeting
Twitter is evil. How about some cash via snail mail
Old 3 Jul 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3273449)   #15
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
..you know, like this:
Old 3 Jul 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3273521)   #16
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Twitter is evil. How about some cash via snail mail
Fail: my bad. I'll direct some snail mail towards daytona, then.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3273545)   #17
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The good news is that this race will be LIVE ON TV on ESPN2! Starting at 3 PM
Old 3 Jul 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3273591)   #18
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the spotter guide Andy B, great work as always!!
Old 4 Jul 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3273652)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
That actually is pretty good news. Live races on tv are more fun to follow.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3273655)   #20
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We may get close to the track record this weekend.

Track record is 1993 Toyota at 43.1 seconds.

Dyson took the pole last year at 44 seconds flat and Muscle Milk was 44.1 seconds. Muscle Milk's fastest race lap was 45.1 seconds.

The 2008 cars would have broken the track record if they didn't use the extra chicane.

Muscle Milk may be able to break the track record in qualifying, especially with the new bodywork.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3273656)   #21
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Yes, it would have been interesting to see what happened with the 2008 cars if they hadn't had the new, tighter Uphill, and the West Bend chicane.

Time-wise, the Eagle's record might be at real risk. Speed-wise, it probably will still stand. In 1992, the layout, with the old Uphill chicane, was 1.54 miles, while the current layout (new Uphill chicane and old West Bend back) is just 1.50 miles around.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 05:27 (Ref:3273668)   #22
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They didn't have near the same tire grip back then either. Its amazing what these lmp cars can corner like.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3273916)   #23
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And ESPN3 as well, which is awesome for those of us who don't get cable!

Go Corvette Racing, Team Falken Tire and Dyson Racing!
Old 4 Jul 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3273917)   #24
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Thanks for the spotter guide Andy B, great work as always!!
+1
Old 4 Jul 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3274026)   #25
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I wonder why this one and not all the others? Maybe since the track's shorter it's a less expensive deal hiring camera workers?