Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 2 Oct 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3931513)   #5026
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Biffa fined £350,000 for shipping 'household waste' including sanitary towels, nappies and condoms to China
Waste management giant Biffa has been fined £350,000 for trying to ship household rubbish to China labelled as waste paper fit for recycling.

What's wrong with that?
It's common practice, a lot goes to Europe.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3931525)   #5027
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's barely a slap on the wrist is it? It goes on, our government doesn't want to admit it. Recycling is largely a sham from.what I hear.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Oct 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3931548)   #5028
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
Perhaps I should start a thread on my RX7s seeing there is some interest in them

Having spent a fair bit of time as a "sack of spuds" in a rallying RX7 - on the Swedish, Welsh, Manx, I have a soft spot for them, so would be interested to hear.....
Old 2 Oct 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3931562)   #5029
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This article regarding the Alan Moffat Group C RX-7 might interest some...

I also recall many stories as to the questionable legality of the 6 speed transmission run on the car. I believe these still are discussed as the car (maybe not this exact car) now appears in Historic Races in Aus.

MAZDA RX7 - ALLAN MOFFAT GROUP C (1983)

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/f...-group-c-(1983)

Also a short interview with Alan Moffat (includes race footage) regarding the car at Bathurst 1981, in which he talks about the Mazda RX7 and his chances of winning the 1981 Bathurst 1000 in this pre race interview. (He qualified 5th overall and finished 3rd overall (1st in 6 Cylinder & Rotary class, which included the JPS BMW 635's and assorted Capris)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwwVlm_Ozv0

Last edited by E.B; 2 Oct 2019 at 19:21.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3931575)   #5030
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Never forget.
Trying to work out what circuit it is . Hmmm...
Old 2 Oct 2019, 19:57 (Ref:3931576)   #5031
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You can tell me all about them at Paul Ricard.....
I look forward to seeing you there Mike.
You and delta sure get around don't you ?
Old 2 Oct 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3931595)   #5032
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Trying to work out what circuit it is . Hmmm...

Good point.

Not a place I can identify at the moment.

Presumably Bob will know.

Also noticeable at that angle is how much of a back seat driver John Cleland was. I hadn't realised the seats were quite that far back in those days.

Maybe they were not?
Old 2 Oct 2019, 22:31 (Ref:3931597)   #5033
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Good point.

Not a place I can identify at the moment.

Presumably Bob will know.

Also noticeable at that angle is how much of a back seat driver John Cleland was. I hadn't realised the seats were quite that far back in those days.

Maybe they were not?
Crikey, people can't even recognise Silverstone when they see it!!!!!!

Approaching Brooklands prior to it being the Wellington Straight.

One of my pre digital snaps.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 22:43 (Ref:3931598)   #5034
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Thought it was perhaps given the blue and white kerbing. For me that was a while back now
Old 2 Oct 2019, 22:51 (Ref:3931599)   #5035
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Must have missed that era.

I don't think I visited Silverstone after 1976 until about 2005.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 04:45 (Ref:3931619)   #5036
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure plane enthusiasts, like me, will be very sad to hear about the B17 crash in Connecticut, and subsequent loss of life. A reminder of the risks involved when keeping vintage aircraft flying in order to give pleasure to many.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 05:19 (Ref:3931621)   #5037
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
I look forward to seeing you there Mike.
You and delta sure get around don't you ?
Robert, I’m a lightweight compared with your man! He fills in most weekends between the long haul stuff with race meetings here. I spend them recovering......
Old 3 Oct 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3931630)   #5038
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just having a full English at Castle Combe . Good to get away from those croissants
Old 3 Oct 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3931632)   #5039
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just having a full English at Castle Combe . Good to get away from those croissants
Oi! You know croissants are not compulsory here, Iain?
Old 3 Oct 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3931637)   #5040
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Aha! I've got a bit of work I have to do but I can put it off. See you in a bit - make sure the kettle's on!

M

Old 3 Oct 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3931685)   #5041
midgetman
Veteran

Well I found a typically busy Delta truck, Delta and Colin McKay. Convivial couple of hours with the team.

Cars sounded superb, looked great on track. Sorry I can't make it Saturday, great to see you.

Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3931737)   #5042
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Me ,Max and Colin. Castle Combe 2019..JPG
Views:	46
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	54010
We had a good day. Thanks Max for all your help.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3931738)   #5043
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Attachment 54010
We had a good day. Thanks Max for all your help.
Bother. Grrrrrrr
Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3931744)   #5044
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Bother. Grrrrrrr
It loads the right way up- must be magic!
Old 3 Oct 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3931745)   #5045
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It loads the right way up- must be magic!
Whoops, it doesnt for me.... must be some antipodean factor, although I thought it was us down here that stand on our heads.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3931747)   #5046
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I downloaded the picture, saved it and rotated it 180 degrees, so it was the right way up, but when I try and add it to a post it always comes upside down.
Er, what kind of camera was used Iain?

Am Australian model?
Old 3 Oct 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3931753)   #5047
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you left-click on the picture to enlarge it, and then left-click on the enlargement, it will open the right way up in a new tab. Or, it does for me using Firefox on a laptop.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3931756)   #5048
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Please dont touch anything, a very "moving" picture… As Chris says, we are upside down like eggs!
Sorry if I mislead you but Bugatti track is at Le Mans. And yes, Andy, it works in any pub!
Old 3 Oct 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3931762)   #5049
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I downloaded the picture, saved it and rotated it 180 degrees, so it was the right way up, but when I try and add it to a post it always comes upside down.
Er, what kind of camera was used Iain?

An Australian model?
Aha, the Elle Macpherson
Old 3 Oct 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3931764)   #5050
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Elle woo? She's lost in "suspension" methink!