Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Mar 2006, 23:23 (Ref:1549029)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could webber replace alonso in 2007?

could webber replace alonso next year and be fisi's team mate flavio has wanted him before he went to williams so this might be marks biggest chance to shine?WEBBER FOR WDC.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 23:37 (Ref:1549045)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought now it is his biggest chance to shine !

Or are you giving up already the fight with Nico ?
Old 14 Mar 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1549053)   #3
F1 insider
Rookie

F1 insider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault will want a ''top'' driver to replace Alonso. Mark Webber is just an ''average'' driver.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 00:06 (Ref:1549055)   #4
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber will be in with a chance, Flavio does like to have one of his boys in the car. A lot will depend on how Heikki Kovalainen goes in testing. If he tests well and backs up his reputation he may find a race seat. I would not be stunned to see Kimi off to Renault - Flavio would love to stick one back on Ron. That would fill Renault.

More likely he will stay at Williams or possibly end up at either Toyota or Ferrari. I know that will get alot of people hot but there is logic...
Toyota - if the season turns out to be a disaster they will dump their drivers, especially Ralf. They are building a new wind tunnel - there is no way they will pull the pin on the F1 program. Maybe start to scale it down a bit but they will hang around.
Ferrari - If MS does retire they will want a stable, MS clone. A 100% team player while they take a risk in the second car. Like him or hate him Webber has that image in the paddock. He seems to get on well with MS and you can guarantee MS wil have a say and remain involved with Ferrari post his driving days. Rossi is a farce, Button is taken, Montoya will be at McLaren so if Kimi has not already signed up then it might get interesting...

My bet would be:
50% Williams/Lexus
20% Ferrari
20% Renault
10% Toyota
Old 15 Mar 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1549064)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The way things are going, he'll stay at Williams.

...And if Williams start winning, you guys won't want him to go away to other winning teams.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 00:27 (Ref:1549067)   #6
Pirtek_Falcon-1
Racer

Pirtek_Falcon-1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber is an average driver at best, he will be exposed this year by Rosberg.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 01:14 (Ref:1549102)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirtek_Falcon-1
Webber is an average driver at best, he will be exposed this year by Rosberg.
That is right ...That is why Sir Frank Williams who knows absolutely bugger all about driver talent signed him..
Old 15 Mar 2006, 01:29 (Ref:1549105)   #8
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see a championship winning team wanting to sign Webber, especially if he is put in the shade by Rosberg. To be frank, I doubt Williams would want him if they had the bargaining power to attract more top line drivers.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 02:49 (Ref:1549128)   #9
F1 insider
Rookie

F1 insider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
I can't see a championship winning team wanting to sign Webber, especially if he is put in the shade by Rosberg. To be frank, I doubt Williams would want him if they had the bargaining power to attract more top line drivers.
Can't disagree with you on that. It's already quite clear that Rosberg is Williams' new golden boy. Webber, aged 30, has already burned his feathers pretty much.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 02:59 (Ref:1549130)   #10
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year will be the decider for Mark As usual thanks for all of the garbage (the kind the comes up in every Webber/JV/Button thread), none of which relates to the topic.

The car will help both of the Williams drivers shine this year. I think it's a good thing.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 03:08 (Ref:1549134)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Flavio have a hand in with both Mark and Renault, a move to Renault is very possible.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 03:45 (Ref:1549147)   #12
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sam Michael, quote - Auto Action:

"I can't go into the details of Mark's contract, but we don't actually have to fight at all to keep him past the end of this year. I don't think that will be a long discussion with Mark."

"We hope we're in a position where we go forward with Mark because he's got a lot of good qualities that we like about him as a driver. Most importantly, he's very quick. We have an option on him next year. It's legally strong. We've had a bit of practice with that lately."
Old 15 Mar 2006, 06:08 (Ref:1549177)   #13
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Sam Michael, quote - Auto Action:

"I can't go into the details of Mark's contract, but we don't actually have to fight at all to keep him past the end of this year. I don't think that will be a long discussion with Mark."

"We hope we're in a position where we go forward with Mark because he's got a lot of good qualities that we like about him as a driver. Most importantly, he's very quick. We have an option on him next year. It's legally strong. We've had a bit of practice with that lately."
Webber's also said he plans to see out his goals at Williams. Now this is no disrespect to Webber of course, but i dont know too many drivers that got too far, happy with a single 3rd place
Old 15 Mar 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1549194)   #14
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My money is Mark will be at Renualt in 07 Flav will deal with Frank b4 the Silly season Mark will be this year Silly Season key
Old 15 Mar 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1549326)   #15
Sir Bloodfart
Rookie

Sir Bloodfart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to old at 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 insider
Can't disagree with you on that. It's already quite clear that Rosberg is Williams' new golden boy. Webber, aged 30, has already burned his feathers pretty much.
Damon Hill won wdc at 36 I think he was in his 30's when he started
Old 15 Mar 2006, 10:20 (Ref:1549331)   #16
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
after one race uve placed rosberg in front of webber. ill take ur comments with a grain of salt
Old 15 Mar 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1549368)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How does "especially IF he's put in the shade by Rosberg" suggest that he's already put Rosberg ahead of Webber?

Frank Williams has spotted talent in drivers who have been overlooked by other bosses several times in the past - Mansell, Damon and Keke are particularly good examples. However, if he does join Renault it would be primarily on the Flavio connection - he doesn't seem to have the same spark of genius as Fernando, and you'd be doing well to find many non-Australians who disagree. Unless Flavios feels that Fisichella and Kovalainen is a strong enough line-up, I think Kimi or JPM will be the top targets.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1549397)   #18
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 insider

Thats GOLD! better start putting M Schumacher out to paster too eh?
useless old bugger is what 37 now

Geez 1 race in and its started already about Webber. Lets look at some facts.

1. Webber outqualified Rosberg
2. Webber finished ahead of Rosberg
3. Nico set a faster lap all of .252 of a sec faster

Thats all we can really go on at the moment and so far it doesnt look like Webber is being destroyed like everyone is is saying.

Dont get me wrong I dont want to take anything away from Nico he did an absolutely superb job on his debut, the guy LOOKS like he will be a super talent, but I think all this crap about him being the teams new golden chil after 1 race is a little far fetched.

Mind you if I was Webber I would not be worried at all if there was a media scrum around my teammate that has just finished BEHIND me, I would love to rub that in........................... Just something to think about people.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1549408)   #19
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is a distinct chance if mid year Williams have not got any pace and the Toyota engines look to be dogs...Webbers career may flash before his eyes and he may take Flavio up on any offer.

I see Webber sticking with Williams. I think he needs to be seen as the driver that tuffed it out and helped the team get results/back on top.Thats what he wants to accomplish in F1 .

Whether that happens, time will tell.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1549434)   #20
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but Michael had achieved something when he reached 30. Webber has achieved little compared to drivers like Kimi and Alonso, who are younger than he was when he stumbled into F1 despite failing to win the F3000 title in a team far superior to Wilson's Nordic team.

If Flavio stands to gain financially from hiring Webber, he will. If he finds that all the top drivers are signed up fo 2007, he will. But on talent? No chance.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1549925)   #21
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is the most likely scenario that we'll see Mark stay on for a 3rd season at Williams in 2007.

He is not "key to silly season" - that's a perfect example of Webber's presence in F1 being grossly overrated.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 04:05 (Ref:1550010)   #22
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Yes, but Michael had achieved something when he reached 30. Webber has achieved little compared to drivers like Kimi and Alonso, who are younger than he was when he stumbled into F1 despite failing to win the F3000 title in a team far superior to Wilson's Nordic team.

If Flavio stands to gain financially from hiring Webber, he will. If he finds that all the top drivers are signed up fo 2007, he will. But on talent? No chance.
Well if thats the case we better get rid of all the drivers then, cause in your opinion they wont be able to achieve anything like what M Schumacher. I was comparing Webber to the likes of Mansell and Hill guys who can drive but arent quite in the leagues of the Sennas and Alonsos and Schumis of the world. He might/will get there on persistance alone like those guys.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 05:57 (Ref:1550040)   #23
fordfan
Rookie

fordfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suck it in all you well informed in the know bottom feeders because someone you love to slag off on a daily basis is earning millions driving the world championship whilst your dreary lives is based on b!tching & moaning about someone else in order to make you feel good about yourselves.
Whilst all the detractors here seem to have the answers for everyone else. Can I suggest that if you put as much energy into bettering your own life rather than slagging off someome elses you might just make it at something. Dedication, self belief, and hard work is not something we all have but hey you experts already know that.
Like I said suck it in and enjoy because I know for a fact Mr Webber is.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1550143)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah yes, Webber threads.
Always good for a laugh.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1550180)   #25
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering about a few sticky posts for those that can't help themselves .... especially the first time posters.

1. I think MW sucks, what do you think?
2. I think JV sucks, what do you think?
3. JB is over-rated, what do you think?
4. Jos deserves a seat, what do you think?
5. AD is the worlds best driver (for Rennen )
6. Rossi will kick everyones arse, what do you think?

We could just leave them up to top and ignore them