United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new circuit is in Utah!
Old 22 Mar 2006, 03:06 (Ref:1556941)   #77
Alan 52
Racer

Alan 52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO if Indianapolis can't work then nowhere else will.F1 desperately needs the US for all sorts of commercial reasons.Bernie and the teams should be doing everything short of paying Tony George to run the race.Living in Australia I feel grateful that there has been a variety of governments prepared to underwrite the race with taxpayers money but I know if this subsidy was stopped F1 would leave Australia in 30 seconds because of our relative unimportance economically in the world.Indianapolis is the first proper venue F1 has raced at in theUS since the demise of Watkins Glen.It has everything going for it and if it wasn't for the Michelin debacle last year I doubt this debate would even be occurring.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1557608)   #78
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if it wasn't for the Michelin debacle last year I doubt this debate would even be occurring.

Absolutely true !
Old 22 Mar 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1557617)   #79
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baritone2400
The new circuit is in Utah!
oh yea salt, mormoms, and no alcohol ...sounds like a blast

Why not go to detroit? CART always did well with the cleveland airport race. You could run at detroits airport which is quite large IIRC. You have to consider some aspect of access in this also. Las Vegas probably can't land 747 especially enough of them therefore they would have to land in LA and ship through LA and the desert to LV

Last edited by avsfan733; 22 Mar 2006 at 17:49. Reason: spelling
Old 22 Mar 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1557641)   #80
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan733
Why not go to detroit? CART always did well with the cleveland airport race. You could run at detroits airport which is quite large IIRC.
Detriot does have a good, extremely large airport. But it is also extremely busy with most of the area being used most of the time. I do like the idea of flying in for the race and not having to leave the airport to watch it.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1557702)   #81
Stone Man
Rookie

Stone Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Disneyland......It might be a bit Mickey Mouse but...
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1557807)   #82
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan733
You have to consider some aspect of access in this also. Las Vegas probably can't land 747 especially enough of them therefore they would have to land in LA and ship through LA and the desert to LV
Nellis Airforce base is literally across the street, it handles the largest of Military aircraft including the presidential 747. I'm sure with Bernie's influence and the appropriate coinage in the right places, F1 could be transported through that route, after stopping for a Customs check on the East Coast
Old 23 Mar 2006, 01:54 (Ref:1557964)   #83
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Man
What about Disneyland......It might be a bit Mickey Mouse but...
Now that's Goofy!