Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Sep 2019, 22:50 (Ref:3929549)   #151
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
A year at Alfa, and then onto Ferrari sounds feasible.
Hulk? Nah. It would be Alfa only unless Vettel retires
Old 23 Sep 2019, 07:41 (Ref:3929595)   #152
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
.... unless Vettel retires
And he seems to have found his missing mojo now so retirement may be less likely.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3929651)   #153
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
And he seems to have found his missing mojo now so retirement may be less likely.
One race helped by strategy?

Let's see if he can continue to challenge over the remaining races and not balls up anymore! I don't see him putting it across Charles, he didn't at the weekend, and Sochi is not a strong track for Seb either.

The flag wave on the podium seemed a bit desperate tbh, bit like saying 'hey i'm back now so all is normal I am number 1 here' No, Seb the normal is that Leclerc is quicker than you and will continue to be so.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3929656)   #154
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
One race helped by strategy?

Let's see if he can continue to challenge over the remaining races and not balls up anymore! I don't see him putting it across Charles, he didn't at the weekend, and Sochi is not a strong track for Seb either.

The flag wave on the podium seemed a bit desperate tbh, bit like saying 'hey i'm back now so all is normal I am number 1 here' No, Seb the normal is that Leclerc is quicker than you and will continue to be so.
Hehehe I was going to add to my original post one nice sunny day maketh not summer, so we are on the same page
Old 23 Sep 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3929657)   #155
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
He and his mojo have been on a trial separation for awhile. The couple counseling has been touch and go, but there are glimmers of hope as we saw this past weekend (even if he was gifted pit strategy that ended up being detrimental to his leading teammate... but a win is a win as his counselor reminds him!)

Lets see if he and his mojo are able to keep it together for the remainder of the season!

Richard
Old 24 Sep 2019, 23:04 (Ref:3929971)   #156
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If he had driven more like that all season, the title would be closer and we’d be praising him a lot more
Old 26 Sep 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3930245)   #157
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If he had driven more like that all season, the title would be closer and we’d be praising him a lot more
We'll see if he can keep it up. He might do. Leclerc is very fast and might get more poles amd wins. But then so might Vettel.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 22:49 (Ref:3930278)   #158
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If Ferrari had brought the Singapore update to the car in Australia it may also have been a very different championship.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3930406)   #159
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Certainly Ferrari seemed to have caught Merc up, just a shame it had to happen after the summer break
Old 2 Oct 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3931455)   #160
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure if this should be it's own thread, but one change in the works that was reported days ago, but I don't think it has been mentioned here is the impending name change for Toro Rosso. Name in 2020 will be "Alpha Tauri" (Red Bull fashion brand)

I am having a hard enough time not calling Racing Point by their old Force India name. I expect I (and everyone else) will have a hard time switching to Alpha Tauri. Wouldn't it just be easier to call them... Minardi?

Richard
Old 7 Nov 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3939054)   #161
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Not seen it mentioned elsewhere - Giovinazzi has signed an extension to stay at Alfa for next year:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50286859
Old 7 Nov 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3939060)   #162
S griffin
Veteran

Yep, saw that too. Means Hulk is almost certain to be off to DTM now
Old 8 Nov 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3939276)   #163
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2020 will be Bottas' year!

Kimi will bring the Alpha to the top of the midfield!

.....and I am NOT being silly.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 8 Nov 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3939284)   #164
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
2020 will be Bottas' year!

Kimi will bring the Alpha to the top of the midfield!

.....and I am NOT being silly.

Unlikely as the Alphas expected to be piloted by The Gasman and The Torpedo! LOL.

The Iceman expected to be in an Alfa.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3940139)   #165
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull and Toro Rosso just anounced they stick with their current line ups.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3940143)   #166
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Red Bull and Toro Rosso just anounced they stick with their current line ups.
Probably the right call I think - although again it's a bit of a kick in the nuts for Gasly.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3940153)   #167
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Probably the right call I think - although again it's a bit of a kick in the nuts for Gasly.
He had his chance and did not really light any fires. Albon on the other hand has grasped the opportunity and outscored Max in their races together. He deserves to have kept the Red Bull seat.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3940167)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

Keeping Albon in the senior squad is probably the best solution. We’ll see what Kyvat and Gasly can do with STR

So that just leaves the seat at Williams to be decided, will probably be Latifi
Old 12 Nov 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3940175)   #169
Richard C
Veteran

I appreciate and applaud the effort. However, if it is just window dressing, I don't think they should bother.

I find the following info (pulled from the motorsports magazine link above) interesting. It is the distribution of the F1 carbon footprint

Quote:
45% Logistics Road, sea and air transport of equipment
27.7% Business travel Transport of staff
19.3% Facilities & factories Offices and factories owned by teams & F1
7.3% Event operations Broadcasting, support racers, circuit energy use
0.7% Power unit emissions From all races and testing
So as everyone would expect the logistics side is the bulk. If you combine material and staff that is 73%. I just don't see that number coming down significantly in my lifetime. Particular the air freight part. And the cars themselves. Less than 1%.

Richard
Old 12 Nov 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3940177)   #170
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had read that article as well. It's funny how my focus was simply on the cars alone. For example, F1 vs FE on the track.

Old 12 Nov 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3940180)   #171
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I appreciate and applaud the effort. However, if it is just window dressing, I don't think they should bother.

I find the following info (pulled from the motorsports magazine link above) interesting. It is the distribution of the F1 carbon footprint

So as everyone would expect the logistics side is the bulk. If you combine material and staff that is 73%. I just don't see that number coming down significantly in my lifetime. Particular the air freight part. And the cars themselves. Less than 1%.

Richard
Lol! Wrong thread. Sorry.

Look here instead.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...81#post3940181

Richard
Old 12 Nov 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3940217)   #172
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Albon will continue to drive for Red Bull next season. That's no surprise given his perfomance this year. I hope the RB system doesn't spit him out if he suffers a poor few races.

The Toro Rosso ( Alpha Tauri next year) drivers are also staying put.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...o-drivers-stay
Old 12 Nov 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3940221)   #173
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i also think its the right decision but at the same time what else could RB have done?

is there anyone in the junior ranks ready for promotion? if there was i suspect Marko would not have been able to resist the urge to turn the flame up another notch.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3940538)   #174
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Albon fits the bill better than anyone else available. Plus he's on quite a rapid upwards curve so it's sensible to believe he will do wven more next year.
Old 17 Nov 2019, 04:17 (Ref:3941031)   #175
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
New dumb F1 rumor supposedly from Germany.

Penske and Mazepin are leading suiters to take over Mercedes program when they leave in 2021. Penske told a couple Indy reporters he's not at all interested. Anyone else thinking Mercedes is trying to spread rumors they're leaving to get a bigger cut?

https://racer.com/2019/11/16/penske-...t-speculation/