Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jun 2004, 04:54 (Ref:1002302)   #51
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We get lousy coverage of our own F1 race..
Speed Channel gets blocked ,and instead of the usual ITV feed on TSN,we get TSN's own reporter ,Vic Rautner,who is I'll tape the race so I can FF though all the beer ads and turn the volume down so I don't have to listen to Vic the
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:06 (Ref:1002675)   #52
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 races dont start at half past anything! i dont think there showing it live. Canada has always had problems finishing on time so will we see the finish?
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:11 (Ref:1002678)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wahey Jim! Looking good in that cap!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:11 (Ref:1002679)   #54
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"and its straight over to the stadium of light"
arghhhhhh

Last edited by Son of Jor-El; 13 Jun 2004 at 16:12.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:15 (Ref:1002680)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm....can't they leave it for two seconds?!?!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1002682)   #56
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this being broadcast live? :confused:
Old 13 Jun 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1002685)   #57
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:23 (Ref:1002740)   #58
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good grief, don't people get confused easily?!

K-b, you've been a shining light of stability and logic through this self-created mire of blind panic...

Yes it was live, I don't know why it started at half past but it did, and it's not the first time a GP has. And it finished with a full 45 minutes to spare before the big kick-off, so we're all happy, time for a bite to eat, a necessary visit and a few choice words on here before the action starts...
COMEON ENGLAND!!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1002753)   #59
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It started at half past because the FIA knew it would clash with Euro 2004 otherwise.

They've had stick in the past - like when the 1998 French Grand Prix clashed with a world cip game, so this was a sensible move.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 23:25 (Ref:1003006)   #60
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went out and washed the car after the GP...Ball games are for Kids and Dogs!
Old 14 Jun 2004, 10:17 (Ref:1003303)   #61
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had to walk round a mate's house for the football and ended up having an asthma attack as I rushed there....

Generally ITV did an OK job, although the diretror wa terrible, and some of the nationalistic coverage was alittle fofensive, especially on Euroepan Election result day. Jim Rosenthal was clearly mroe itnerestred in the football than the F1, and James kept saying how interesting the press conference will be....
Old 14 Jun 2004, 11:26 (Ref:1003399)   #62
Kicking-back
Veteran

I was riled by Jim's "St George and England - come on Jenson" type stance.

Alienates those of us in Scotland, Wales or NI, who support Jenson as a Brit but probably didn't back the England football team.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:29 (Ref:1003710)   #63
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that's what I thought when I heard it. I am English but found it a bit offensive. He was hyping up the football, which is his job, but he was doing it in a way that was very "over the top".

Overall I'd say they did a good job, but that's about it.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 15:37 (Ref:1003716)   #64
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I got sick of the constant references to the football. It was as if the GP was being used as a 'build up' programme. You may have guessed I'm not a footy fan
Old 14 Jun 2004, 16:02 (Ref:1003737)   #65
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
I got sick of the constant references to the football. It was as if the GP was being used as a 'build up' programme. You may have guessed I'm not a footy fan
Football? What football?

I am blissfully unaware because, having stayed up almost all night (I slept for about three hours from 5am) with Radio Le Mans and the chat room, I took the opportunity to grap a nap after the GP. Funnily enough I slept for two hours and when I woke up there was no sign of people playing with the wrong shaped ball
Old 14 Jun 2004, 16:07 (Ref:1003742)   #66
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least f1 has got one thing which the euro 2004 football has'nt got as far as coverage is concerned.....f1 is broadcast in widescreen.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1003745)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, but that's not that comforting really, is it?
Old 14 Jun 2004, 16:25 (Ref:1003753)   #68
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah before the race i was wondering how many times the football would be mentioned - and the answer at every possible gap itv could find or make!
Old 14 Jun 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1003797)   #69
Kicking-back
Veteran

F1 coverage is 4:3 not widescreen, I'm afraid.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 20:21 (Ref:1003993)   #70
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
and welcome back Jiggles
Old 14 Jun 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1004003)   #71
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on HTV Wales we had the St George's flag flashing on screen between EVERY advert! On HTV Wales! On the whole ITV are doing a better job than the Beeb did, but I'm sure if they still had it the content would have improved rapidly - it had to.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1004041)   #72
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tweed
on HTV Wales we had the St George's flag flashing on screen between EVERY advert! On HTV Wales!
That's the problem with the ITV companies in England and Wales all now being jointly owned.

Someone in London probably didn't think it was a problem.

Thankfully Scottish tv and Grampian tv are still independent of this control and were able to avoid that particular insensitivity.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 14:08 (Ref:1017528)   #73
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A bit off topic, but does anyone know who won Le Mans? I couldn't find coverage ANYWHERE!
Old 27 Jun 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1017541)   #74
Kicking-back
Veteran

It was on ITV and Eurosport.

Le Mans was won by Tom Kristensen/Seiji Ara/Rinaldo Capello.

There was plenty of coverage!

Have a look also at the Sportscar forum here at ten-tenths/