Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 Aug 2019, 10:35 (Ref:3922680)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
About the Marathon...

If you read the instruction given, it is open to DMSB HTP cars which are national cars and which would possibly go for general acceptance of national cars of other countries I presume and if so, possibly far away from anything FIA as I know the practices around Europe. Also, it will be considering cars up to 1996 included on invitation.

In my opinion this is the reason the Marathon won't be back, too large, too unrestricted. Whom would like to race against the likes of early 90s DTM machinery or BPR cars as well as 935s and 3.0RSR in a pre-66 car?

I wouldn't but I would be the first to actually put an entry if it looked a little more serious and consistent. Racing on the Ring is interesting but not against anything. I would prefer a simple coaching day for that, already dangerous enough.

It sounds more like a Gruppe H and Nürburgring Classic lookalike with all the funny stuff than the Marathon was...
Coaching day would have to a Trackday. TF is pointless😉