Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Mar 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3716155)   #2451
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Ok maybe not Plato but you know what I mean, it seems like no one's allowed to have a bad word to say about anyone on here.
Stop playing the victim here, because you're not. Everybody is allowed his opinion here, but if you make a bold statement (TD spending their time on fixing Simpsons car rather than running Neal's and Sheddens) you can expect some bold reactions. Man up I'd say.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3716174)   #2452
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Stop playing the victim here, because you're not. Everybody is allowed his opinion here, but if you make a bold statement (TD spending their time on fixing Simpsons car rather than running Neal's and Sheddens) you can expect some bold reactions. Man up I'd say.
I get what you're saying, all opinions are equal just some are more equal than others. Rightio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Nice to see Toyota GB tweeting about the BTCC - https://twitter.com/ToyotaGB/status/837408693792739333
They've provided quite a lot of social media support since the early days of NGTC. Was it not April fools day one year when they mocked up some Hiace vans in the Wrathall, Morgan and Hughes liveries and talked about the start of the BTVC (British Touring Van Championship)?

Then they had a nice photo shoot a couple of years later with one of the United Autosport cars on a trailer trying to recreate the old Corolla ad from the 80's.

I guess they get to reap the benefits of Speedworks, Handy and Hard's efforts without having to shell out a Manufacturers entry fee.

Not a bad thing at all as at least it shows they're interested, just would be really good if they could step up and back one of the teams to recreate Toyota Team GB or similar. (Just think if they backed Ingram how well they could do with a bit of cash and input).
Old 3 Mar 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3716222)   #2453
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
WSR / BMW mentioned a new engine. Is this still being prepped by Neil Brown and does anyone have any info on it?
Old 3 Mar 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3716223)   #2454
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
WSR / BMW mentioned a new engine. Is this still being prepped by Neil Brown and does anyone have any info on it?
Sure they said it was still being worked on by Neil Brown still so wasn't used in this weeks test.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 22:35 (Ref:3716241)   #2455
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Sure they said it was still being worked on by Neil Brown still so wasn't used in this weeks test.
Is this the modular engine?
Old 3 Mar 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3716242)   #2456
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice to see Toyota GB tweeting about the BTCC - https://twitter.com/ToyotaGB/status/837408693792739333
Another post now by Toyota with some pretty official looking stills of the facelifted car.... could we have another suprise at Media Day?
Old 4 Mar 2017, 02:43 (Ref:3716273)   #2457
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Securicor Toyota Team GB
Old 4 Mar 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3716385)   #2458
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Another post now by Toyota with some pretty official looking stills of the facelifted car.... could we have another suprise at Media Day?
The pics do look well polished, more so than the usual testing shots. Could be something or nothing. I can't see a Manufacturer entering as a one car team though?!
Old 4 Mar 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3716394)   #2459
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I get what you're saying, all opinions are equal just some are more equal than others. Rightio
Feel free to quote the bit where I said that, as I didn't. What I'm saying is that you're free to post your opinion, but others are free to disagree with you. Hence the name 'discussion forum'. Now stop being a cry baby.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 09:57 (Ref:3716397)   #2460
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The pics do look well polished, more so than the usual testing shots. Could be something or nothing. I can't see a Manufacturer entering as a one car team though?!
BMR TBL to Speedworks (being far too optimistic )
Old 4 Mar 2017, 10:01 (Ref:3716400)   #2461
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Quote:
Race-winning Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship team Ciceley Motorsport unveiled its new sponsor and livery ahead of the 2017 campaign at Silverstone on Saturday.

The Accrington-based squad has secured a three-year deal with Mac Tools to be the headline sponsor of its Mercedes-Benz A-Class, which will be driven by tin-top star Adam Morgan.
http://www.btcc.net/2017/03/04/ciceleymac/

Old 4 Mar 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3716401)   #2462
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
I'm going to miss the WIX livery, but the Merc does look good in red.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3716402)   #2463
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked like a huge launch - just seen these pics from Silverstone this morning

Old 4 Mar 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3716403)   #2464
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it still has some WIX stickers, so I guese they either scaled down or MAC Tools offered more money to be title sponsor
Old 4 Mar 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3716404)   #2465
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
it still has some WIX stickers, so I guese they either scaled down or MAC Tools offered more money to be title sponsor
If you read the official article it states WIX have scaled down their sponsorship and MAC have stepped up.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3716405)   #2466
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Cosmic livery on the new Merc, the season is now only less than a month away and everything seems to be going well. I'm looking forward to it more and more
Old 4 Mar 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3716413)   #2467
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post

Wow, that's really nice to see! Big effort activating the sponsorship.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 11:16 (Ref:3716416)   #2468
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some details are within Team BMW launch at 1:54 and 3:44 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1SgwfISb7c

Race version developed by Neil Brown and it's the recent B48 BMW engine. 2.0 inline-4, direct injection, variable valve lift and interestingly, twin turbo. Whether or not the twin turbo element passes across to the race car, I'm not sure.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3716423)   #2469
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Some details are within Team BMW launch at 1:54 and 3:44 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1SgwfISb7c

Race version developed by Neil Brown and it's the recent B48 BMW engine. 2.0 inline-4, direct injection, variable valve lift and interestingly, twin turbo. Whether or not the twin turbo element passes across to the race car, I'm not sure.
have to use the spec single turbo like everyone else.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3716426)   #2470
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Twin-scroll, not twin turbo. Although as said, spec turbo is needed under NGTC regs.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3716431)   #2471
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Thanks for the info.

What exactly are the engine rules? Teams keep mentioning "developing engines" however aren't all the engines "balanced" by TOCA anyway?
Old 4 Mar 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3716435)   #2472
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsCarsCars View Post
Looks great

MAC Tools Mercedes vs Laser Tools Mercedes
Old 4 Mar 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3716446)   #2473
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

What exactly are the engine rules? Teams keep mentioning "developing engines" however aren't all the engines "balanced" by TOCA anyway?
they are only balanced as far as top horsepower at a certain rpm. but teams still develop their engines to give better torque or power delivery at different rev ranges to suit their own cars and drivers.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3716454)   #2474
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsCarsCars View Post
BMR TBL to Speedworks (being far too optimistic )
Aye would be great but doubt it'll happen this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post

Almost like a NASCAR or Supercars launch, great to see this level of hype behind the BTCC. Though can't help thinking the bumblebee has become a ladybird :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Looks great

MAC Tools Mercedes vs Laser Tools Mercedes
Was thinking that too!
Old 4 Mar 2017, 16:21 (Ref:3716463)   #2475
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Aye would be great but doubt it'll happen this year.
I know that teams can't sell / buy TBLs at this point but could they still be distributred by TOCA?

Seems a bit weird that BMR have started testing without their fourth driver (if indeed it is Mark Howard then he needs the testing he can get!)

Must agree with above posters; though I would love to see increased manufacturer support - I know Speedworks tested with Kawashima last year so a Japanese driver for a Japanese brand must be inviting - but I think it is too late this year.

As for Morgan's livery I must say I much preferred the yellow design from last year. To me it has been improved every year since the Mercedes debut, but this year's livery leaves me personally a little disappointed. Still, good to see it is generally liked and it certainly looked like a very professional launch.

Media day can't come quick enough!

Last edited by luckn002; 4 Mar 2017 at 16:26.