Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jul 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3838383)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Rubber For Practice..

Story Here

$40k or so per car in cost to make the practice sessions meaningful...

Sounds like a win..

Hope a new tyre allocation is available for test days and for rookie orientation days also.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Jul 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3838393)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Sounds reasonable to me. If nothing else, it should make practice results more meaningful. At the moment, it really isn’t worth reading them due to the bug variations in rubber quality from car to car.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 02:27 (Ref:3838411)   #3
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely a positive move.

Maybe this will give Cha..erm sorry Mark more time to set up
Old 24 Jul 2018, 03:49 (Ref:3838417)   #4
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be good, these things are probably one of the most complicated race cars in the world to set up on new tyres with reliable feedback let alone having to use old stuff. Should help the teams who don't have as large a brains trust to get closer to the window.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3838954)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As always, AdCafe creates the click bait and doesn’t share the outcome of discussions...

Old 26 Jul 2018, 22:34 (Ref:3838973)   #6
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
As always, AdCafe creates the click bait and doesn’t share the outcome of discussions...

Once a decision is made by the Commission (which may not have happened yet) then Dunlop and the teams will need to be informed first before anything is made public. This was due to be considered for the 2019 series and it's only July 2018. Won't make any difference to the viewing public until Feb/March next year.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3839744)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Once a decision is made by the Commission (which may not have happened yet) then Dunlop and the teams will need to be informed first before anything is made public. This was due to be considered for the 2019 series and it's only July 2018. Won't make any difference to the viewing public until Feb/March next year.
I am hearing you, except the same source that leaked the scoop should probably have been good to share the outcome...

Even if it doesnt matter til 2019
Old 29 Jul 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3839870)   #8
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Sounds like a win..

Hope a new tyre allocation is available for test days and for rookie orientation days also.
I've always thought teams down the championship order should get more tyres in testing and practise to help them chase up the competition. Level playing field for races though.

Argument against this is usually folks down the back can't afford more tyres and test sessions anyway.
Old 12 Aug 2018, 02:32 (Ref:3843094)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Still in a holding pattern

Always thought it made more sense to go to a meeting fully prepared so a decision can be taken, the appropriate communications can occur, and the process can move forward.

Agreeing to decide later once you have thought about it some more seems to showcase traits consistent with being indecisive...

In truth, there is really only one correct answer here to improve the show and improve the competitiveness of the entire field.

While the teams agonise about tyres, they green light a wholesale replacement of their transaxle fleet, only one of which will be more expensive than the tyre proposal indicated here, and each car needs more than one

Hard to figure these guys and gals out