Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Sep 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1401074)   #76
Colin_King
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes UK
Colin_King should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snapper Baz with a crash helmet! that could be dangerous.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1401685)   #77
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I raced in a karting endurance some years ago and got 2nd fastest lap and was quickest in my team (which included all race drivers)-the only person quicker than me and by just a tenth of a second was somebody called Dan Wheldon...not sure if you may have heard of him????
Old 7 Sep 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1401728)   #78
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
isn't he that bloke who goes round in weird circles a lot in that american place
Old 8 Sep 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1402315)   #79
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just been speaking to Dave Kempton who is now not taking part due to urgent family commitments-was due out in a BMW with Andy Allen...Andy also out in a Porsche as well.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1402316)   #80
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Baz am I reading you correctly that someone is planning to drive two cars during the 24 hours? Is this do-able? What do the reg's say about length of time a driver can drive? You'd have to be brave to take on two cars!
Old 8 Sep 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1402330)   #81
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't remember who but i'm sure at least one driver was shared between two cars way back in the early days of the Willhire.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1402358)   #82
DelaRonde
Racer

Canada
Cardiff
DelaRonde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagwaver
Can't remember who but i'm sure at least one driver was shared between two cars way back in the early days of the Willhire.
Adam Sharpe and I are/were going to do it - that way if one car doesn't finish and your other car wins - you are still credited with a win, despite being in the bar - lazy man's racing, or beer lovers racing.

Ken Grundy did it in the 1989 or 1990 Willhire, 2 Cossies......

See everyone tomorrow - loads of cars, well done James and team !!

del delaronde
Old 9 Sep 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1403187)   #83
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just to let people Globlecast Radio will be covering the race all weekend, and I'm currently listen to final qualifying - LIVE.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1403764)   #84
Oliver_Tucker
Rookie

Oliver_Tucker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britcar 24hr Race Live on Globecast 907
Old 10 Sep 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1403785)   #85
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there Live-Timing anywhere?
Old 10 Sep 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1403795)   #86
Oliver_Tucker
Rookie

MST Timing were due to be posting livetimings here:

Britcar 24hr Race Live MST Timings

However, there is nothing to see there yet (and the race started an hour ago ).

The qualifying and results should appear here though:

MST Timing EERC Data
Old 10 Sep 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1403813)   #87
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Globecast radio and live times are dead for me.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1403846)   #88
Oliver_Tucker
Rookie

MST gave me the wrong url for the live-timings link (this is the right one):

Britcar 24hr Race Living Timings From MST Timing

Have had no problems with the globecast and have been listening since beginning of race with no problems.
Old 10 Sep 2005, 20:24 (Ref:1403907)   #89
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_Tucker
MST gave me the wrong url for the live-timings link (this is the right one):

Britcar 24hr Race Living Timings From MST Timing

Have had no problems with the globecast and have been listening since beginning of race with no problems.
Globecast doesn´t work for me yet, however live times do it now. Thanks.
Old 11 Sep 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1404959)   #90
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to the whole Rollcentre team, drivers and crew, for a job well done.

Regards

Rob.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1405452)   #91
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
It must have been a bit miserable for all the marshals (well done all) but had a great time myself. Bad luck to all the T'Tenths drivers who had a dire weekend. Hope Howard Redhouse has no long lasting effects after his massive shunt at Woodcote. When will Silverstone learn that a tyrewall/cushions are needed there along the wall. Its flat-out through there and all the shunts Iv'e seen there over the years have ended with one driver being killed and others with very serious injuries-what more does it need to make the circuit do something about it?
Old 12 Sep 2005, 11:35 (Ref:1405552)   #92
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Just to add my well done to Rollcentre and thanks to all the drivers for a good weekend of racing - I really enjoyed it out on the bank at Club, and hope everyone else enjoyed it - well done everyone who finished and hope you'll all be out next year!
Old 12 Sep 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1405612)   #93
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a superb weekend, even though my camera partially drowned on Friday evening... didn't start working correctly till about midnight on Saturday! Fortunately it was still usable....

Great weekends racing, congratulations to everyone that took part, + the EERC for organising it!
Old 12 Sep 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1405664)   #94
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
It must have been a bit miserable for all the marshals (well done all) but had a great time myself. Bad luck to all the T'Tenths drivers who had a dire weekend. Hope Howard Redhouse has no long lasting effects after his massive shunt at Woodcote. When will Silverstone learn that a tyrewall/cushions are needed there along the wall. Its flat-out through there and all the shunts Iv'e seen there over the years have ended with one driver being killed and others with very serious injuries-what more does it need to make the circuit do something about it?
I have a love/hate view of Woodcote - it's a real challenge in the wet, but the run-off is dire (I guess that's what makes it a challenge...). Would Recticel barriers through there help, or just take away what little run-off there is?? Perhaps just put them there in the wet? - not tenable I know!
Old 12 Sep 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1406124)   #95
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
PapaJuliet has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
It must have been a bit miserable for all the marshals (well done all) but had a great time myself.
The weather was certainly miserable most of Saturday. Though the Friday light show was more spectacular than miserable. At one point on Saturday I threatened to go into the Jimmy Brown centre (for drying out marshals) (not sure whether that should be from alcohol or rain) and "remove layers until I reach a dry one". Thankfully for myself and everybody there I changed my mind because the first dry one was skin! This was after I'd claimed "I'm OK, I'm dry inside" (the waterproofs)

Having said that, I enjoyed it and will be back next year (all unexpected interruptions permitting) ... with waterproofs which are more ... um ... waterproof.

PJ
Old 13 Sep 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1406466)   #96
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations to all who helped with this event. It was a fantastic spectacle from beginning to end, and i hope that it has been viewed as a success by all the relevant parties. We need this race to continue and within a short space of time i am sure it will become a highlight on the British Motor Racing Calendar. Long may it continue.