Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Feb 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1515676)   #101
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
A lot of time was spent playing with classes, and a number of the key cars were assessed. If having run a season we discover we've got it wrong, it'll change.
I think that says it all really. use this year to see if the current thinking is correct, and if not we can all have a say and make the changes for 2007.
From my point of view, we need to see what happens on track.
Old 4 Feb 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1515688)   #102
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
But I am still confused, where exactly does a two litre turbo engined car run Class A or B in pre 93 and CT and does it run at the equivalancy factor minimum weight per cc (i.e. 3396 cc = 1198kgs) or at the actual cc minimum weight (i.e 1998cc = a very lightweight 870kgs). These weight figures are for Pre 93 not CT. I still need clarification of this at least the class issue this season, well now really before I send the forms back to BARC.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 07:00 (Ref:1515793)   #103
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always understood the equivalency to be weight as well as capacity. So if you run a turbo and it moves it up a class on capacity it runs at the weight for the calculated capacity. That's what the original blue book regs stated (IIRC).
Old 5 Feb 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1515808)   #104
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I always understood the equivalency to be weight as well as capacity. So if you run a turbo and it moves it up a class on capacity it runs at the weight for the calculated capacity. That's what the original blue book regs stated (IIRC).
Thats fair enough then if thats the case. Using our RX7 Turbo example then 1308 cc x 1.8 x 1.7 = 4008cc so car will have to weigh 1210kgs and run in Class A. (Pre-93)

A Starion Turbo at 2 litres comes in at 1998cc x 1.7 = 3397cc and would have to also weigh in at 1210kgs (Pre-93). By virtue of the equivalance factor goes into Class B BUT the ambigous ruling that 'Cars with Forced Induction move up a class' surely mean (or does it?) that it goes up into Class A. This is what I want classified as it also applies to CT. Also what about a Multi Valve Turbo, what happens then??????
Old 5 Feb 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1515813)   #105
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is all making great reading, i see 100% where your coming from Al,
the whole thing looks like too many regulations to me, its not gonna happen but surely it would of been easier to give the classes a min weight and say what type and size range of engine configs went into each, it would remove all these what if questions.

this is the reason we took TRC the otherway and tried to bin as many regs as poss in the name of keeping it simple.

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 5 Feb 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1515820)   #106
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I am not knocking the cc/weight thing par se as I recon for the earlier championships it works well and allows some good dices between different cars it is just with the introduction of pre-93 and rules for jumping up and down classes with Multi-valves etc it starts to get a bit vague when you have weights per cc's included as well as a pass down from the other championships.

I am not trying to stir things up or be obstructive here as it is titled CTRCC Discussion but these sort of things are very easy to overlook as i have found out in the past and they can cause problems and ill feelings a few months down the line and can result in acromonious arguments and protests at the track sometimes (as happened to us in ModProds at Brands Hatch in front of our Japanese Guests from Falken) manifest itself in front of sponsors which is not good. IMHO better to get clarifications here before the season proper kicks off than adobt the attitude as has been suggested, 'Lets see how it all pans out'.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1515872)   #107
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.classictouringcars.com/fa...Action=Q&ID=27

Why not drop the committee a line Al.

http://www.classictouringcars.com/pages/contact.asp
Old 5 Feb 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1515882)   #108
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
I am not trying to stir things up or be obstructive here as it is titled CTRCC Discussion
I'm sorry Al, I'm cutting this short. It's not the forum for this, and it would be infinitely quicker to talk about this rather than type it all in.

As I said, if it turns out something is awry, it will be fixed.

Stacy
Old 5 Feb 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1515885)   #109
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Sorry I thought it was.
Quote:
Why not drop the committee a line Al.
I will, I only wanted to know what class to run my car in

Also the link from Chris answers my query on the weight factor, so thanks for that, all pretty straight forward.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1515990)   #110
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what's new for this year? What cars can we expect in pre-93?
Old 5 Feb 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1516192)   #111
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by teej
So what's new for this year? What cars can we expect in pre-93?
Well, off the top of my head, 325's, M3's, Golf's, and Rovers..

Looks exciting stuff!

Stacy
Old 6 Feb 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1516857)   #112
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Stacy and co at the CTRCC have sorted my query out satisfactorily (thanks guys), it appears my car can run in Class B curtesy of the fact it is on treaded tyres and the Cossies run in Class A unless they of course opt for treaded tyres as well in which case they can opt to drop a class which all seems fair enough to me.
Old 7 Feb 2006, 05:34 (Ref:1517009)   #113
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Am I correct in that you only pay one membership fee but can enter more than one championship/series? If so it may make sense for me to enter Silverstone in Gp1 and Pre 93. At least I'd get reasonable track time.
Old 7 Feb 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1517036)   #114
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Am I correct in that you only pay one membership fee but can enter more than one championship/series? If so it may make sense for me to enter Silverstone in Gp1 and Pre 93. At least I'd get reasonable track time.
Yep, new for 2006 Peter is one flat fee across the club. Primarily to encourage multiple entries which benefit all involved.

I'm afraid Pre-93 won't start until the Thruxton round, but we have a Classic Thunder double header of 20min races at Silverstone, so you could enter with the plethora of Group 1 cars running there on your treaded tyres.

As for track time, 50% of our races this year will be longer distance.

Would be good to see you out again,

Stacy
Old 7 Feb 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1517048)   #115
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Its timing really.

Will see if I can get organised.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1520524)   #116
juliann
Rookie

juliann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
I'm afraid Pre-93 won't start until the Thruxton round, but we have a Classic Thunder double header of 20min races at Silverstone, so you could enter with the plethora of Group 1 cars running there on your treaded tyres.
So is pre-93 23/4 Mallory off the calendar then ?
Old 11 Feb 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1520526)   #117
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann
So is pre-93 23/4 Mallory off the calendar then ?
Julian,

Sorry, was in a hurry - First round is of course Mallory as per the dates on our website.

Sun 23rd April Mallory Pk CGp1, PHTC, Pre93, CT, ProdBMW

Stacy