rocketrobtvr
Rookie

rocketrobtvr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLAREN YOUNG DRIVER AWARDS

McLAREN AUTOSPORT AWARDS 2002
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
NOMINATE YOUR FAVOURITE DRIVER IN THE AUTOSPORT MAGAZINE 12TH SEPTEMBER 2002

ROCKETROBTVR@AOL.COM

Also the star of "blind date" for my sins!

ROB URQUHART. 21 YEARS OLD FROM LEEDS. TVR TUSCAN CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH TOP CATS RACING.

Rob started his motor racing fascination when he was 15 years old as a track marshal at a local Go Kart Track. He couldn't afford to buy a kart so had to work at a Sunday Market, getting up at 3am until he had enough money to buy his first Kart. Rob began racing Karts at a local track and won many races. He then decided to compete in an International Race car Driving event at Silverstone in order to get his first Car Racing Licence, unbelievably Rob won his first car race by twenty four seconds and the racing world was opened to him. On his return home Rob approached Richard Dean of Team JLR, a local Formula Ford Team and stated "I want to be a racing driver". Rob eventually talked Richard into Testing him and was signed up immediately afterwards to contend the 2000 Slick 50 Formula Ford Championships, where Rob battled against some of the names in today's F1 Line up. Unfortunately in the following season Rob had a horrific accident which left him with a broken neck. Despite been told he may never walk again, Robs determination and the Brilliant care from the hospital meant that he made a full recovery.

Remarkably Rob wanted to race again and try and fulfil his ambition as a professional racing driver. He decided to compete in the TVR Tuscan Championships, mainly because of the massive costs involved in single seater racing. Rob has gone from strength to strength this year and has been fighting for podium finishes in the last 5 races and setting blistering lap times.

Rob has the talent to go all the way in the sport, he just needs the right break! Give Rob the opportunity to fulfil his potential by nominating him for the McLAREN young driver of the year award 2002 buy buying the AutoSport Magazine on Thursday 12th September, which is the only time to vote!

Many, Many Thanks for your nomination.

Rob Urquhart

WARREN GILBERT 2002 TEAM MANAGER
"Rob is a joy to work with, despite having very little budget Rob and the team have pulled together and have been able to do very well, i feel that with his determination and talent he can go as far in the sport as he wanted"
Old 9 Sep 2002, 19:48 (Ref:376798)   #2
ejbabe
Rookie

ejbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it that this is the same Rob who is currently being discussed on the single seater forum.
Well you have got my nomination Rob, ejxx
Old 10 Sep 2002, 08:51 (Ref:377170)   #3
rocketrobtvr
Rookie

awwh! thanks for that Emmaxx u coming to Thruxton?
Old 10 Sep 2002, 10:16 (Ref:377239)   #4
ejbabe
Rookie

Yes, on Sunday
Old 10 Sep 2002, 10:58 (Ref:377273)   #5
rocketrobtvr
Rookie

cool! you will have to pop in and say hi!
Old 10 Sep 2002, 18:17 (Ref:377546)   #6
ejbabe
Rookie

I will do, see you then!!!!!!
Old 10 Sep 2002, 19:28 (Ref:377581)   #7
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a website for the awards??
Old 10 Sep 2002, 21:21 (Ref:377648)   #8
rocketrobtvr
Rookie

No mate there isnt! the only way to vote is to buy the mag! by the looks of it alot of the so called "favorites" arent able to be nominated cos of F3 Races! carrol, barber ect so its up for grabs! i expect yr vote Mackpot! bring it on Leeds! lol