Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 2009, 22:02 (Ref:2403515)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Scheduled Outage For Upgrades Saturday 28th February

Over the coming weekend starting early on Saturday 28th February Ten-Tenths will be unavailable for periods of time to allow us to perform some long awaited forum software updates.

During the downtime we hope to direct users to a "holding" page, however it is possible you may get connection errors during the upgrade period.

We will endevour to keep the official Ten-Tenths Facebook Page updated during this process.

After the upgrades we hope to start gradually offering additional facilities for our users including:
  • the ability to quote from multiple messages at once
  • more detailed user profiles
  • better PM options
  • user-created "social groups"
  • improved blogs
  • the ability to link your Ten-Tenths account to your Facebook profile and have your posts and new threads sent to your Facebook "wall"
More details on these, and more, after the upgrade.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 05:43 (Ref:2403655)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool.

Better get a Facebook account then.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2403869)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I signed up last night. It's rather empty and will probably stay that way.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2405687)   #4
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
PapaJuliet has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Over the coming weekend starting early on Saturday 28th February Ten-Tenths will be unavailable for periods of time to allow us to perform some long awaited forum software updates.

After the upgrades we hope to start gradually offering additional facilities for our users including:
Does it mean we get rid of the tribalfusion "virus"?

PJ
Old 27 Feb 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2405728)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJuliet
Does it mean we get rid of the tribalfusion "virus"?

PJ
TribalFusion is a trusted advertising partner, they do NOT send any viruses / trojans / malware, etc.

You can easily get rid of all advertising on Tenths by becoming a subscriber.

Unregistered users, or users who have not logged in yet may get a "pop-under" advertising message from time to time, but generall should not get any pop-unders once logged in.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2406910)   #6
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
PapaJuliet has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
TribalFusion is a trusted advertising partner,
Trusted by whom? Not by me!

Quote:
they do NOT send any viruses / trojans / malware, etc.
When tribalfusion first turned up I googled it. The pages I found suggested that it WAS a virus, not that it SENT any viruses. Besides which, what is a virus but something which causes your computer to do something you don't want it to?

Quote:
You can easily get rid of all advertising on Tenths by becoming a subscriber.
So two wrongs do make a right?

Quote:
Unregistered users, or users who have not logged in yet may get a "pop-under" advertising message from time to time, but generall should not get any pop-unders once logged in.
I always get a pop-under, whether I login or not.

As it happens, I don't always log in unless I have something to say... why should I be "forced" to log in if I don't want to? It's usually too much hassle.

To be honest, advertising which annoys me as much as tribalfusion has a negative effect... I would never buy from said advertiser, even if I wanted the product.

Also, it makes me disinclined to use ten-tenths because I don't want have to keep killing pop-unders advertising things I would never buy anyway.

PJ
Old 1 Mar 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2406914)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't get pop unders - perhaps you have picked up a virus elsewhere.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2406917)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJuliet View Post
When tribalfusion first turned up I googled it. The pages I found suggested that it WAS a virus, not that it SENT any viruses. Besides which, what is a virus but something which causes your computer to do something you don't want it to?
Using those criteria Windows is a virus too.....
Old 1 Mar 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2406919)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJuliet View Post
Trusted by whom? Not by me!
Obviously by 10-10ths!
Quote:
I've just done the same and it brings up loads of results saying exactly what it is.
Quote:
To be honest, advertising which annoys me as much as tribalfusion has a negative effect... I would never buy from said advertiser, even if I wanted the product.
Nose.
Quote:
Also, it makes me disinclined to use ten-tenths because I don't want have to keep killing pop-unders advertising things I would never buy anyway.
Which is, of course, your choice. Unfortunately 10-10ths doesn't come for free, but luckily some are prepared to pay for it - subscribers and advertisers. This makes it available to us all.

Whatever the outage is over and 10-10ths is, as the old advertising slogan says, new and improved!

Old 2 Mar 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2407137)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
When I read this thread last night, I put in a very vitriolic response to this.

This morning though, I have decided that it's simply not worth it. There will always be people who believe that they are experts on something that they actually know very little about and there will always be people who feel that everyone else should pay their way for them.

Nothing I can say will change that so I'm not going to bother. Fortunately, the vast majority of people on the site understand both basic internet functionality and basic economics. They also know that the people who run this site do not pander viruses or involve themselves with shady companies so there is no need for me to defend against those kind of defamatory accusations made by the ignorant.

Tags
upgrade