Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 3 Feb 2023, 03:13 (Ref:4142573)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It's always gonna be Chase or no one for me. I can tolerate Larson enough.
The order is
Chase.
Anyone but Logano.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 01:52 (Ref:4142833)   #27
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
G56 car on track at Daytona

https://www.facebook.com/MotorRacing...5255060103702/
Old 6 Feb 2023, 14:19 (Ref:4142863)   #28
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I didn't watch the Clash live. It seems there was much more rubbing than last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC6A0HTeRxo
Old 6 Feb 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4142880)   #29
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Qualifying was 3 tenths faster than last year. On a quarter-mile, that is a big change!

I watch everything last night (heats/LCQ's/Main). Heat races were much better than 2022. Only issue is Suarez/Brad K. intentionally wrecking because they were so far behind (bunching the field up). Racing was good.

LCQ's were actually really good.

Main - At times was really good. If they could get 5 laps down, the racing got VERY good and was great to watch. Many people only watch NASCAR these days, so they don't understand short-track racing. After 5 laps, the racing was very good. Under 5 laps after a caution, was terrible. Something you would only see with drivers who didn't build their own cars. I think 20 cars would have been better than 27. Top 4 from 4 heats, top 2 from two LCQ's.

Entertainment/Pre-Race was TERRIBLE. Allowed me to get quite a few chores done and watch two full episodes of another show entirely.

Good crowd showed up for the Main. Nobody was there for the heat races (i.e. no real fans). Many people have said they should stick $500k into a new local track each year and race there (new one every year), anything 1/3 mile and larger. Same format, I think it would work better.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4142887)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I forgot this was happening. Would have actually watched it.

I've that the drivers are complaining mostly about other drivers so sounds like a short track race happened.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4142909)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Good crowd showed up for the Main. Nobody was there for the heat races (i.e. no real fans). Many people have said they should stick $500k into a new local track each year and race there (new one every year), anything 1/3 mile and larger. Same format, I think it would work better.
You would find most of those tracks would NASCAR to p1ss off with that idea. The requirements for a single event would destroy them. Ask all the old dirt tracks from Va to New Hampshire how well chasing the touring series went in the early 90s. Oh, you'll have to find the old owners cause they're mostly bankrupt and closed. Those who have survived have been VERY selective about events and series
Old 7 Feb 2023, 01:14 (Ref:4142930)   #32
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You would find most of those tracks would NASCAR to p1ss off with that idea. The requirements for a single event would destroy them. Ask all the old dirt tracks from Va to New Hampshire how well chasing the touring series went in the early 90s. Oh, you'll have to find the old owners cause they're mostly bankrupt and closed. Those who have survived have been VERY selective about events and series

You misunderstood me. It cost NASCAR over $1MM to build this track (annually, since they had to entire remove it after 2022, then build it again, likely at some savings). If they took half that cost and provided it to local tracks in markets NASCAR wants to be at, it would benefit the market for years in the future (note - local track pays nothing). Just an idea...
Old 7 Feb 2023, 14:23 (Ref:4142987)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Same thought still holds, most of the locals don't want that. They want autonomy and NASCAR would never be ok with here's money, you spend it.

The biggest one, Senoia, by me took out more stands for drive in seating and was looking at tiers for it. They don't want seats, they want families. But they also charge more for their big event than Road Atlanta does for Petit. And many of the smaller asphalts closed, the dirt tracks are the winners and honestly a better show. Cup was bad enough at Bristol on dirt, flat track and smaller on dirt?? No thanks
Old 7 Feb 2023, 14:41 (Ref:4142992)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Kyle Busch is an idiot part 45,547

https://racer.com/2023/02/06/busch-c...o-the-country/
Old 8 Feb 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4143126)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I just saw this. He "forgot". Hey, I've done that with a knife in a work bag, not my .38 Special.

I just watched a video doc on a prison in Tijuana. And we want reform in this country
Old 9 Feb 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4143265)   #36
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
He forgot it was there after having been to the 'yota facility for the last time
Old 13 Feb 2023, 13:42 (Ref:4143586)   #37
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
So football is over, it's time for Cup to start right? Right on schedule Wed afternoon, feels weird with even Daytona shortened to a couple days instead of Mon and Tues practice & quali for Thurs AFTERNOON Duals
Old 16 Feb 2023, 06:33 (Ref:4143853)   #38
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems really weird to have qualifying & the duels before an actual practice session has taken place. I’ll be honest I don’t follow the sport closely but what hope do those who need to race their way in (if any) have?
Old 16 Feb 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4143891)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The only practice is the race setup on Saturday afternoon now, most of the races have dropped any practice session as well. It serves to help those in the sport and punish new teams if you don't have a good book on the car and track. Ok, not the intent but that's the result, good sim and good setup book is required but NASCAR is going to a more F1 or US sport franchise setup with new teams buying in rather than racing in
Old 16 Feb 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4143904)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I might give it a try this weekend. Plate racing just doesn't do it for me anymore but it's the Big One and the weather looks decent enough for grilling and I like beer so why not?
Old 17 Feb 2023, 01:03 (Ref:4143971)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Caught parts of the Duel #1 on the FM version of MRN and my family was not impressed that I recognized the voice of Killingly Connecticut's Kyle Ricky and knew he was from Killingly Connecticut.
Old 17 Feb 2023, 02:01 (Ref:4143974)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve accidentally found myself watching the duels.

Someone’s window fell out. Landed on the track. They called a FCY. It’s a joke. Can’t enjoy this racing.
Old 17 Feb 2023, 02:19 (Ref:4143976)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The forward facing in car shots blur out the dashboard. Is this to stop people see what revs or something else before we get to the main event?
Old 17 Feb 2023, 02:46 (Ref:4143978)   #44
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Loving what we saw from the second Duel race. Sunday looks like its going to amazingly entertaining. The cars look out of control every lap
Old 17 Feb 2023, 02:50 (Ref:4143979)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Caught the end of Dual #2. I don't really like plate racing in general, but this doesn't seem like a good package / format for the greatest race with what's been put out in the past. I'm even more skeptical of the racing on Sunday.

Conor Daly and Travis Pastrana are racing in the 500 so I think that's cool. Need a country singer like Marty Robbins used to do at this point....
Old 17 Feb 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4144015)   #46
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Loving what we saw from the second Duel race. Sunday looks like its going to amazingly entertaining. The cars look out of control every lap
Was it the closeness of the cars, the speeds or what for you? I'm just curious as it looked nearly impossible to pass and more precessional than what I've seen recently. Maybe a bigger pack means more drafting partners.

Todd Gilliland had one helluva save on the last lap. Or was it the penultimate lap?
Old 17 Feb 2023, 18:49 (Ref:4144049)   #47
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
From what I saw I just think we're going to be in for not too much excitement and them some idiot like Keslowski or Logano throwing a bone head block and causing a big wreck. I'd be very happy to be totally wrong about this train of thought.
Old 17 Feb 2023, 20:21 (Ref:4144057)   #48
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Odds on 50% of the field not finishing? Going with better than even
Old 19 Feb 2023, 15:35 (Ref:4144174)   #49
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Odds on 50% of the field not finishing? Going with better than even
I would have to agree with that.
Old 19 Feb 2023, 19:10 (Ref:4144189)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't call myself a NASCAR fan now days, but I do try and catch the 500 every year.