Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 Mar 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1547194)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Jaguar Egal

Barrie 'Whizzo' Williams was the man 'In the Hot Seat' in the March edition of MotorSport. One of the questions he was asked was about the Jaguar Egal, the E-Type fitted with a 7-litre V8 Ford Galaxy engine prepared by Holman & Moody! I remembered seeing this car at Silverstone many years ago and last night found a picture that I had taken at the time. I've also found the programme for the event which was the Cornthwaite Trophy Race meeting on 1st July 1967. According to the programme, on that occasion it was driven by R(ob?) Beck and my memory of it was of coming through Becketts in the lead with a horde of G12s in attendance, opening up a fair gap on the Club Straight only to have them rush up to the back of him under braking for Woodcote (no chicanes or complex then!). I'm pretty certain that it stayed ahead and won! Apparently, Whizzo won in this car over 20 times. Anyone have any recollections of this car and the impressions it left?