Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Sep 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3853014)   #151
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The Mazda is in the picture, perilously close to canopies. And added to the description of broad.
If he shows up with a Mazdaspeed or any other turbo'd Mazda he parks in the comfort station lot. Preferably next to a hydrant
Old 27 Sep 2018, 21:52 (Ref:3853051)   #152
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
If he shows up with a Mazdaspeed or any other turbo'd Mazda he parks in the comfort station lot. Preferably next to a hydrant
I see what you did there...

I was thinking more of canopies falling on it!

Speaking of which, we had a "little" storm just blow through. My trashcan was 3 houses down from us when I went to go look for it. It would have been a canopy killer. Warming said gusts up to 70 and pretty sure we were close to that here!
Old 27 Sep 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3853055)   #153
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing82 View Post
So no camping for me all my friends bailed last minute and my mom always comes down loves sports cars and went to UGA so going to be awkwardly sharing the hotel room with her in Braselton believe it or not she goes to Sebring to but always rents a house while I camp but anyways I know where y'all are at but what are some marker's flag or car/truck wise want to meet up.
Don't be a stranger. Head on over for a visit. (all y'all) We don't have any crazy markers of flags etc. Just ask for Scotty p or "Dilts"
We usually have a 20+ person headcount in our campsite so there is plenty of food, shelter and beer (that is definitely not brought in from outside.) :halo:

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...7&postcount=35

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...0&postcount=29
Old 28 Sep 2018, 00:08 (Ref:3853059)   #154
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I see what you did there...

I was thinking more of canopies falling on it!

Speaking of which, we had a "little" storm just blow through. My trashcan was 3 houses down from us when I went to go look for it. It would have been a canopy killer. Warming said gusts up to 70 and pretty sure we were close to that here!
Yeah, 2 days in a row here in Decatur at almost the exact same time, conveniently right at quitting time. But a high of 77 tomorrow means happy happy day for a Friday
Old 1 Oct 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3853749)   #155
btracing82
Rookie

btracing82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really appreciate it guys and i'll do my best to swing by just hope somebody will be around. It'll probably be Thursday since that's my walk around day I just have to pay attention to the Porsche GT3 Cup race a family friend is leading the masters points but other then that im going to get around a bit and going to be there threw night practice and if planning to hang out for a bit I will bring some food and drinks. I hope and pray the weather is better then the SVRA race last weekend at VIR I know y'all where there for the monsoon a few years back at Petit but I was tenting beside the pond and between 8:30 and 12 Saturday night 5 and a half inches of rain with wind gust up to 50mph and between pond flooding and tent blowing in that night was a disaster.

Last edited by btracing82; 1 Oct 2018 at 08:31.
Old 1 Oct 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3853793)   #156
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, a lot of camping gear was replaced after the last stormy Petit including most of the canopies that survived the rain but did not survive the windstorm the next morning. Hopefully better weather this year but it's looking DRY and dusty with maybe some rain to knock the dust down Tuesday morning a bit, sadly with the fun of late season humidity to make it just oh so fun and sticky in October.

I'm usually around camp most of the time or at the fence by the site. Although night practice usually includes a venture down to the pits to get hit by tire rubber as they exit the pits.
Old 1 Oct 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3853927)   #157
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
The extended outlook on weather dot com took a real nose dive.
AccuWeather is still looking good though. I hate this crap!!

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk
Old 1 Oct 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3853929)   #158
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well it's weather channel and they seem to always think it will rain 10 days out. But it's just showers in the morning, I'll settle for dry Tues and Sun with occasional showers in the middle if nothing else to keep the dust down. Storms not so much but showers are tolerable. But I don't really give it much stock until Sunday and NOAA says dry air moving in next Monday so that's headed the right way after weekend rain
Old 1 Oct 2018, 23:50 (Ref:3853938)   #159
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Weather schmether that's what they invented bourbon for. And rain gear.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3853941)   #160
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Weather schmether that's what they invented bourbon for. And rain gear.
That works for every day but Sunday
Old 2 Oct 2018, 00:39 (Ref:3853945)   #161
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Says who?
Old 2 Oct 2018, 02:21 (Ref:3853956)   #162
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
True enough, I've got an 8 hour drive waiting for me.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 11:26 (Ref:3854020)   #163
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Says who?
Those who have to pack up everything and the kitchen sink instead of just a pillow and some well scented sheets?

Well and hopefully the (not an) Aussie grill. (there's no grilling on so beer will have to do)
Old 2 Oct 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3854021)   #164
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Those who have to pack up everything and the kitchen sink instead of just a pillow and some well scented sheets?

Well and hopefully the (not an) Aussie grill. (there's no grilling on so beer will have to do)
You made a claim about an entire day, good sir, and you were wrong. And those sheets contain a very nice natural musk, I'd like to add.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3854046)   #165
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
You made a claim about an entire day, good sir, and you were wrong. And those sheets contain a very nice natural musk, I'd like to add.
Touche, I did not specify early in the packing day or late in the unpacking. Post shower bourbon and unload the truck sounds like a great plan to me
Old 2 Oct 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3854068)   #166
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Touche, I did not specify early in the packing day or late in the unpacking. Post shower bourbon and unload the truck sounds like a great plan to me
Yup. Don't forget we'll be tying one on and howling at the moon after midnight.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3854133)   #167
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Yup. Don't forget we'll be tying one on and howling at the moon after midnight.
That's the family area with quiet time you wild yutes
Old 2 Oct 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3854140)   #168
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Wait, no Aussie grill this year? Did somebody upgrade?
Old 2 Oct 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3854168)   #169
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Wait, no Aussie grill this year? Did somebody upgrade?
he's referring to my "non walkabout w/ no handle" grill. We shall call it a Kiwi grill.

That still ticks me off. Effing Lowes.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 01:06 (Ref:3854206)   #170
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I might buy another with all of us there, Walmart has one for 40 bucks and I think we'll need the space. I have a new folding table for the grill, meats and tools.

I have the beans and HP sauce, getting loin bacon and sausages this weekend for those who are interested in a full English breakfast likely Friday morning. I will do eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms as well.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 01:08 (Ref:3854207)   #171
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I might buy another with all of us there, Walmart has one for 40 bucks and I think we'll need the space. I have a new folding table for the grill, meats and tools.

I have the beans and HP sauce, getting loin bacon and sausages this weekend for those who are interested in a full English breakfast likely Friday morning. I will do eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms as well.
I will bring Boudin for sure and probably some other kind of sausage. I don't have a night on the menu for it but it is definitely to share but may only be an appetizer.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 04:06 (Ref:3854218)   #172
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I love googling "boudin" and seeing the first question listed.

I'll eat it. Don't show me how it's made, please.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3854325)   #173
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
20/20/20/30/60 current rain chances from Tues to Sat w/ the little lightning bolt on Saturday. Temps be warm!
Old 3 Oct 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3854366)   #174
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
20/20/20/30/60 current rain chances from Tues to Sat w/ the little lightning bolt on Saturday. Temps be warm!
So bring everything?

I still haven't started packing, but i did buy one bottle of bourbon. So that helps. Only need a few more.....
Old 3 Oct 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3854371)   #175
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:

I still haven't started packing, but i did buy one bottle of bourbon. So that helps. Only need a few more.....
At least you have the important stuff covered.

Anyone local enough that is planning on going to the kickoff event in Suwanee on Tuesday night? I think a few of us are going to head up there.

Kickoff party